Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What was the point of those battle droids that said roger roger? Like seriously? Probably the worst part of the prequels

What was the point of those battle droids that said roger roger? Like seriously? Probably the worst part of the prequels

They were the droid army, and the necessity of creating a Clone army. They were a big point.

He made them too cheesy, yes, but they were in fact needed for the story.

They were the droid army, and the necessity of creating a Clone army. They were a big point.

They were the weakest type of soldiers i have ever seen in a movie

I remember thinking ventress must be a total idiot if she thinks these droid soldiers would take down yoda. They were a bunch of three stooges in robotic form

They were the weakest type of soldiers i have ever seen in a movie

I remember thinking ventress must be a total idiot if she thinks these droid soldiers would take down yoda. They were a bunch of three stooges in robotic form

They were the means to an end though and killed plenty of Clone/Jedi's. The banking clan had money to mass produce these for cheap :lol:

The Destroyer droids were the menacing ones, the rolling ones with the built in shields. And the Super Battle Droids.

The Roger-Rogers were simply a numbers game.

No diff than 18 year olds drafted and handed machine guns vs the ninja navy seal type Generals.

Last edited:
One thing I kind of hope for, let's give these guys actual dangerousness.

In 77, Obi Wan mentions how accurate their shots were, how precise, and for the next 3 movies those idiots couldn't hit **** except Leia's shoulder. :lol:

If JJ does anything, I hope he shows these dudes are bad *** and let them get some shots off. :pimp:

Isn't there a theory of them missing on purpose?

One thing I kind of hope for, let's give these guys actual dangerousness.

In 77, Obi Wan mentions how accurate their shots were, how precise, and for the next 3 movies those idiots couldn't hit **** except Leia's shoulder. :lol:

If JJ does anything, I hope he shows these dudes are bad *** and let them get some shots off. :pimp:

Isn't there a theory of them missing on purpose?

?!?!

really?

I just chalked it up to the fact that they was shooting at Main Characters.

TV Tropes section on it is pretty good but please post that theory. I would love to read that.

The obvious explanation is this: every time the heroes escape from the Stormtroopers, we were supposed to be seeing a skin-of-their-teeth escape from some very dangerous bad guys. Had there been more money to spend on getting the staging just right, all the fights would have been shown happening under circumstances (in terms of range, available cover, etc.) that would actually make it plausible that even highly trained marksmen could miss, and even then it would have been clear that the heroes got a little bit lucky.

I’ve discovered a couple of less obvious explanations browsing the internet, though. One blames the Stormtroopers’ poor marksmanship on defective rifles, which strikes me as a silly piece of fanwank. But there’s another explanation I really like, enough to make me wonder if it was in fact Lucas’ intention: in the scenes aboard the Death Star in Episode IV, at least, the Stormtroopers were under orders to let the heroes escape.

Remember, after all, that the Imperials had attached a tracking device to the Millennium Falcon, which is how they found the rebel base on Yavin, leading to Episode IV‘s climax. That plan wouldn’t have worked if the Stormtroopers had killed Leia, Luke, Han, and Chewie.

This theory also makes sense of a couple of really weird bits of the Death Star sequence. Like, that one bit where Han charges a group of Stormtroopers at close range, and they don’t even try to shoot him but instead run away? Watch that bit with the “orders to let the heroes escape” theory in mind, and suddenly what you see is a bunch of very confused Stormtroopers wondering how they’re supposed to keep up the facade when the enemy does that.

Or: when it looks like the heroes aren’t going be able to escape because Stormtroopers are blocking the path to the Falcon, but then they march out of the way to watch the Vader/Obi-Wan fight? Totally bizarre taken at face value, makes perfect sense if you imagine their commander radioing to them, “uh, you’re going to have to move so the rebels can escape.”

So it’s an amusing theory, but can it really have been what Lucas had in mind? If it’s what he had in mind, why didn’t he make it more obvious?

Read more: Link

Theory is correct for Star Wars, death star scene, but not missing Ewoks and Cloud city, etc. :lol:

Concept of Luke fighting the main baddie in front of the Falcon with help from someone with a blaster

Falcon1.jpg

Just hope this doesn't involve Luke dying.

Rumor out that they return to Endor.

That makes rumors so far Tattooine, Degobah, Hoth, and Endor.

Bruh........

Rumor out that they return to Endor.

That makes rumors so far Tattooine, Degobah, Hoth, and Endor.

Bruh........

The planet in the concept art I posted above is the same planet everyone thought was Hoth.... You can clearly tell it's not Hoth by the trees. Sources heard snow planet/planet with snow and automatically assumed Hoth.

So that just leaves the other 3 planets :lol:

I don't either really... I mean I understand where people are coming from, but other than ESB every single movie has revisited multiple planets. And every single movie has also added new planets. They aren't just going to go to a whole bunch of old planets :lol: C'mon.

We've already had strong rumors of the Sith Homeworld showing up, the island they were filming on is obviously a new planet, and puzzlewood is likely a new planet also. That's at least 3 new locals.

More rumors.... Possible Spoilers obviously.

Nighttime under the cover of darkness. Four characters convene.

Imagine the next generation of R2 unit. A jump as drastic as the Return of the Jedi Stormtrooper to the Star Wars: Episode VII Stormtrooper. Sleeker, more futuristic, yet somehow still a little bit 1950s with a dash of Art Nouveau included.

The droid is smaller than R2-D2 and Chopper. His head is just above the knee, but not quiet to the hip, he’s tiny. His head is silver like Artoo-Detoo but his markings are red. He has a single eye and two antennas on the top of his head. His neck has a black covering that kind of accordions when he looks around and connects to his body. He is similar to something you might see in Wall-E mixed with one of the senate cams in Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace. He has a holographic projector in the same place as Artoo-Detoo as well. His head looks up.

He’s cute but kind of sad looking in a way.

Standing next to him we have an alien. He’s slightly taller. His face reminds me of Station from Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey. His eyes are just black and tiny, his mouth is almost a round snout which is sort of like an armadillo. His skin is a darker brown color but in this image it appears blue from the light. He has a towel on his head and his costume appears to be similar to a kimono.

In the foreground, Daisy Ridley’s character Kira stands startled as a character ignites a lightsaber and it is very clear this is an unexpected occurrence and all the characters are startled by the enigmatic beam emitting from the lazer sword just turned on accidentally. John Boyega’s character has the lightsaber in hand as the characters all look on amazed.

Kira’s discovery is further enhanced by Boyega’s character’s discovery. This could be one of the most memorable sequences from the next trilogy of Star Wars films.

I have for you today a trio of intriguing tidbits, none of which are spoilery. You may very well see big time confirmation of some of this stuff soon.

First up: Max von Sydow! We know he's in the movie, but who is he playing? According to my sources von Sydow is playing a key character who gets the story in motion.

Remember that I told you the movie begins with the discovery of the lightsaber? Well, it isn't Daisy Ridley who discovers it but rather a blue alien guy. He brings it to a salvage yard where Kira - that seems to be what Ridley's character's name is, or at least what they're calling her on set - sees it. She's hanging out there with von Sydow, who is an old cyborg dude, a guy who maybe has dementia. He talks a lot of nonsense. But as soon as that lightsbaber shows up, he gets lucid. He recognizes it. He begins to talk about the old days, name drops a couple of Prequel Trilogy characters, even. And then, after Kira and the alien leave he makes a call to a mysterious figure. "It's here," he says. But who is he calling?

That would be a spoiler!

Next: Kira's got a pretty cool place to call home. She lives inside an abandoned AT-AT, knocked over on its side. Remember, AT-ATs are 'all-terrain,' so while we saw them only on a snow world, they would work just as easily on the desert planet where Episode VII opens.

UPDATE: MakingStarWars also has this information, and they've described the AT-AT in much greater detail than I have patience to do.

Finally: You know all those shots from Greenham Common Air Base, with the X-Wing fighters and the Millenium Falcon? That's a familiar location - it's the Massassi Temple from the original Star Wars. Yup, they're back on Yavin IV.

Ok, here's one bonus piece of info: there are pieces of concept art that show Chewbacca with a cybernetic hand, having lost it in a battle sometime after the events of Jedi. Will that be in the final film? I don't know - there's other concept art where he's got both furry hands intact.

And one final thing: I'm still hearing almost nothing about Leia. What role does she have in this movie, if any?

Max Von's character sounds cool... Still think it's a, waist for him not to be a Sith tho. And I'm sure some people are going to be immediately pissed at prequel characters being mentioned early in the movie :lol:

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/01/...ax-von-sydow-where-does-daisy-ridley-live-an/

Last edited:
There's another HUGE rumor that was just posted by those guys... But I don't want to post it because it almost literally sent a tear down my eye and it can't be true... Can't be :lol:

Ahg whatever

HUGE RUMOR: STAR WARS: EPISODE VII’S “I AM YOUR FATHER” SIZED MOMENT.[/SIZE=5]

First disclaimer: The post below is what could be the “I am your father” moment from Star Wars: Episode VII. If you’re someone that never really knows if you want to read spoilers, don’t read this. If you’re someone that goes on Twitter and just tweets out things without thinking, please think. I am of the mindset that spoilers do not ruin films, just bad execution does. Not everyone agrees, so let’s respect other’s wishes for how they want to celebrate Star Wars in this era. Once again, don’t spoil this for anyone but yourself.

Second Disclaimer. There are pieces of this puzzle missing. There are things I don’t understand. There are things that don’t really add up unless you’ve seen what I’ve seen. Does that make sense? I hope it does. Just remember, I have reason to believe in this possibility right now. This is informed speculation.

This could all be wrong, but the rumors and the pictures are painting another picture. I hope that’s very clear.

If this is accurate this is a ballsy, gutsy move. This will go down as the most daring move since The Empire Strikes Back’ “No, I am your father” sequence.
If you will recall, we’ve seen photos of a cyborg bad guy from Indie Revolver. What you can’t see is that the evil dude has a very human mouth. A familiar mouth, even. All of the pieces out there show a human male, with a mask obscuring part of his face, with one red eye and a familiar cloak we haven’t seen since Return of the Jedi.

One piece shows this cloaked figure holding the helmet of Darth Vader. The helmet is warped as it has been burned in a fire. The figure almost looks at the helmet with remorse and regret. The background in this image is an Imperial Star Destroyer. The monster holds the helmet in his left hand while his right hand is shown to be very similar to Anakin Skywalker’s and perhaps Luke Skywalker’s. I made an error in a previous report and thought the drunkard at the bar had the same had as the J.J. picture and I think I was wrong now after seeing how close this one is to it. The second concept is similar but he’s holding another burned Vader helmet that is destroyed in a different way, most just kind of flaking and breaking at the top.
This cloaked cyborg character seems to have a lot of reverence for Darth Vader. Maybe even love.
The burned up prop for Darth Vader’s helmet is code named “ZorroHat” with the description “Helmet Burnt.” The wire used to fuse the helmet together looks like little Imperial symbol hexagons, its very subtle too.

Many rumors became to fall into place thanks to the next images.
A picture believed to be from the middle of the film shows a mountainous snow planet (not Hoth okay?). “Kira” holds her blue laser sword behind her as if she is trying to run. With her back to the cyborg, he has his fingers in the classic “Darth Vader” force pinch posture and is perhaps pulling her laser sword out of her hand. Behind him, her companion attempts to get up, probably to sneak attack the cyborg. Note: this piece has yet again, another face. It looks like a Darth Vader mouth piece but the eyes look red and sunken in like Vaders but harder to make out since he’s in the foreground.

The black figure sits on a throne. He’s cloaked. We see him from the side. His boots are not unlike Anakin Skywalker’s from Revenge of the Sith. He is approached by “Kira.” The light from outside the shrine emanates from the door way and she walks through it. The cloaked figure sits in darkness, a natural red/yellow fiery light behind him, almost like amber backlights the figure.

According to a source, “Kira” believes she is there to meet Luke Skywalker, but instead she finds the monster.
In another depiction, she is facing the camera, the cyborg character is embracing her and the look on her face is one of resignation and defeat. We are looking over a character’s shoulder, of what is believed to be Boyega’s character.

There is a rumor she is evil. I think the film might leave off with the revelation she has joined the figure’s faction. Her in-progress romance with her companion is clearly halted in this moments and shelved for the next films.
I believe this is the interior of the Michael Skellig set. There is a giant castle on that island area and this is interior “throne room” if you will. It is like a cave but mechanical and dark. Think of McQuarrie’s lava throne for Darth Vader concept if you’ve seen it. It is similar in idea.

In another picture we see the Falcon parked outside on a landing platform which makes me think two character enter and only one flees with the crew of the Falcon at the end of the film.
So why does “Kira” appear to give up? The reason for her resignation? The cyborg is none other than Luke Skywalker. The revelation beats “Kira” and her quest becomes hopeless. She resigns herself to joining the figure who is the opposite of what she hoped to find. The evil she sought to vanquish with the power of Luke Skywalker, is Luke Skywalker.
We are left not knowing the future and how this happened. The cloak appears to be especially close to Luke Skywalker’s Return of the Jedi cloak as well.

After thoughts:
What is up with that beard Mark Hamill is growing? Is it a ruse? I have no idea. Does the cybernetic jaw implant cover it? Is it mean to make us think he’s the Obi-Wan when he’s really the Darth Vader? I don’t know! It doesn’t make sense. The one thing I will say, since the start of filming, that beard has not been consistent. It just keeps getting longer. Not sure if that makes sense or not. I hate conspiracy theories, but there you have it. I don’t want to be the guy to ask if this is our “Obi-Wan is your father” moment with the beard. But I can’t help it after seeing this stuff.

Is there a chance this is Adam Driver? Yep! If the Luke Skywalker twist isn’t accurate, I guess it must be Driver. However, we’ve seen Driver on the rebel base and there hasn’t been an indication he’s the evil guy that has stood firm since the pre-casting announcement.

Strangely, a bearded Luke Skywalker concept is nowhere to be found. If the rumors add up and this explains the ending of the film and the rumors are true that “Kira” is evil, this explains it. Because there is no way they did droves of good “Kira” concept art only to have her be a villain on screen.
There’s no confirmation of this. If it’s true, I don’t think there can be a confirmation. I don’t see any of my sources jumping to confirm it and the sources that have hinted at this don’t seem to want to go any further on it. This is the way the wind appears to be blowing right now. Don’t shoot the messenger. I could be cryptic and weird all day or I can throw this out there and let you decide what you think. I wish I could share what I’ve seen, but I cannot.

Hey, maybe this is all wrong, but that’s the picture this is painting right now.

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/huge-rumor-star-wars-episode-viis-father-sized-moment/

Last edited:
i normally dont care about spoilers before a movie but i need to walk in to this movie knowing nothing about whats to come

dont even want to watch a trailer 

Back
Top Bottom