Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jay, BBFly, does it seem like "maybe" they use the pre Phantom EU stuff, and ignore the Luke, Leia, Han EU for ease of implementing?

Like Bane, KOTOR, etc. :nerd: Think that's something they may take on?

Reason I ask is, TECHNICALLY, that could include Thrawn, ie Outbound Flight. Maybe in a few years they find a way to bring him in, but without using the Zahn trilogy. Maybe Fett or Yoda or some form of spin off that brings him into canon a different way.

Feasible?

I'm tryna think how Revan can fit his story seamlessly maybe im not creative enough

EDIT: nvm probably a character based on Revan and not the one in the EU

Last edited:
luke walking in with the hood up like a badass in return of the jedi 
pimp.gif

going to cry tears of joy when he is introduced in ep 7 

Jay, BBFly, does it seem like "maybe" they use the pre Phantom EU stuff, and ignore the Luke, Leia, Han EU for ease of implementing?

Like Bane, KOTOR, etc. :nerd: Think that's something they may take on?

Reason I ask is, TECHNICALLY, that could include Thrawn, ie Outbound Flight. Maybe in a few years they find a way to bring him in, but without using the Zahn trilogy. Maybe Fett or Yoda or some form of spin off that brings him into canon a different way.

Feasible?

I doubt think they include all of it, but yeah, alot I can see being included. Mainly because since it took place before the movies it doesn't have as much of an impact as the Post RoTJ EU. For example, the Plagueis book was deemed 'Legends' with everything else, but when Tarkin came out last month, ALOT of stuff from that book was made canon. So we'll see alot of pre TPM stuff implemented.

This is just my personal opinion.. But now that it's pretty much confirmed that the Empire survived 6 in at least some shape... It would be beyond stupid not to have Admiral Thrawn in the Canon. And I think they will add him. I don't think he'll get any screen time, but I can definitely see him getting a quick mention like Master Vos in Episode III. They've implemented popular EU characters into the movies before, no reason to stop now.

Aa far as what they're doing with Revan and Bane.....
They aren't in the movie(that we know of) and the sith we saw isn't one of them resurrected.

The rumor has been for months that the 'apprentice'/Vader character(Adam Driver) of the saga is this Sith Wannabe. Felt the dark side at a young age but with the Sith dead he had no one to teach him, so what does he do? He searches the galaxy for Sith artifacts, holocrons, lightsabers(the one he had in the trailer could be one of these artifacts, this is what really led me to believe this rumor) and items og Sith lords had. His main prizes are the helmets of Darth Bane, Darth Revan, and Darth Vader. FWIW, the leaked concept art pictures also labeled the cyborg as the "GRAVE DIGGGER" Now, we've seen him with the Vader helmet, so that's confirmed, and the lightsaber in the trailer definitely has an ancient/old tech feel to it. As some may recall, Revan was set to appear in the Mortis episodes of the Clone Wars..

Darth_Revan.jpg
revan2.PNG

http://clonewars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

But George randomly cut it for some reason :smh:... Maybe they had bigger plans?

Anyways that all came out in September.

In late October this came out, of our now confirmed villian
sithinquisitor-star-wars-episode-7-grave-robber-s-lightsaber-is-lethal-and-pointy-star-wars-episode-7-the-new-villain-is-darth-revan.webp

Now anyone who knows Revan, automatically thought of him upon seeing that, but knowing the previous Revan rumors and looking at the quality of the picture I thought this was just some Kotor fanboy spreading this.... Obviously not as this is the villian.

Along with all of that, over the past two weeks, alot of sites have been talking about Revan being brought into the cannon as if it's fact... Disney is still supporting The Old Republic game and Revan is just recently one of like 3 'EU' (along with Plagueis and Mara Jade) characters to still be receiving an action figure.

Alot of reasons to believe this. So he won't be in the movie, but he'll more than likely be referenced.. Opening the door for a spinoff.

It is thought that Driver is under the influence of a 'voice' thats making him seek out these artifacts for a reason. Most likely not Revan, but it's a thought.

Last edited:
Outside of ROTS and Maul, the prequels were terrible. You can't be arguing that.

Wait, think we got a 3rd Lucas backer, Nike Jordan, you a George follower? You feel we are too harsh on GL?
What's wrong with Liking Lucas and his Vision for HIS Series

Outside of ROTS and Maul, the prequels were terrible. You can't be arguing that.

Wait, think we got a 3rd Lucas backer, Nike Jordan, you a George follower? You feel we are too harsh on GL?
What's wrong with Liking Lucas and his Vision for HIS Series

I've already explained a ton on that. It's fine if you want to back him, but you're quite wrong on the whole "his" story. Are you not seeing the repeated mentions of EU stuff having been included? That **** didn't come from him, and him alone. How are you not grasping that?

Coruscant, not from George.
Dual Lightsaber, not from George.
Aayla, not from George.
Force lightning caught on a lightsaber, not from George.
Quinlan Vos, not from George.

That's just the few I know off the top. Please, stop with the "his" story stuff.

Dual lightsaber first apperance is in TPM?(Correct me if I'm wrong). All the other ideas are great non lucas ideas,but do they really play an important role to the overall story of Star Wars which is HIS story? No

Last edited:
Dual lightsaber first apperance is in TPM?(Correct me if I'm wrong). All the other ideas are great non lucas ideas,but do they really play an important role to the overall story of Star Wars which is HIS story? No

Exar Kun had one in the comics, before Phantom Menace.

You can keep saying his story, that's fine, he is the originator, I never said he wasn't. He can certainly have credit for the overall idea of the universe, but it is far from just his story out there. Which is what I have been trying to tell you. And the fact that he goes and pulls from those ideas should tell you something. This isn't all him.

Michael Dean Foster.

Later that year, Lucas hired science fiction author Leigh Brackett to write Star Wars II with him. They held story conferences and, by late November 1977, Lucas had produced a handwritten treatment called The Empire Strikes Back. The treatment is similar to the final film, except that Darth Vader does not reveal he is Luke's father. In the first draft that Brackett would write from this, Luke's father appears as a ghost to instruct Luke

With this new backstory in place, Lucas decided that the series would be a trilogy, changing Empire Strikes Back from Episode II to Episode V in the next draft.[49] Lawrence Kasdan, who had just completed writing Raiders of the Lost Ark, was then hired to write the next drafts, and was given additional input from director Irvin Kershner. Kasdan, Kershner, and producer Gary Kurtz saw the film as a more serious and adult film, which was helped by the new, darker storyline, and developed the series from the light adventure roots of the first film

By the time he began writing Episode VI in 1981 (then titled Revenge of the Jedi), much had changed. Making Empire Strikes Back was stressful and costly, and Lucas' personal life was disintegrating. Burned out and not wanting to make any more Star Wars films, he vowed that he was done with the series in a May 1983 interview with Time magazine. Lucas' 1981 rough drafts had Darth Vader competing with the Emperor for possession of Luke—and in the second script, the "revised rough draft", Vader became a sympathetic character. Lawrence Kasdan was hired to take over once again and, in these final drafts, Vader was explicitly redeemed and finally unmasked. This change in character would provide a springboard to the "Tragedy of Darth Vader" storyline that underlies the prequels

Again. George had final say. He got to nix ideas, and go with this or that, but you guys are assuming that HE is the one that did all this, and that is so completely not true. He had tons of help/writers work on the story.

Then, George went back and did the prequels, and screwed up his own damn story. Suddenly, Anakin built C-3P0. Obi Wan says point blank, Yoda had trained him, then we see that Obi Wan was never ever once Yoda's padawan. :lol: :lol: :lol: He has Obi Wan saying he doesn't remember ever owning any droids, only he spent roughly 15 years around them. :lol: He made 2 of his greatest characters 8 years old. He made Boba Fett's "dad" every single clone. I mean, once he started trying to do a bunch of it on his own, "his" story as you like to say, it all sucked, horribly.

It's "his" story because he was the first to come out with the idea, absolutely, but it's not "his" story when he simply authorizes and picks and chooses what stories other people come up with to incorporate. You guys are blindly following George's name, and not the truth in how it all went down.

"I get asked all the time, 'What happens after Return of the Jedi?,' and there really is no answer for that. The movies were the story of Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker, and when Luke saves the galaxy and redeems his father, that's where that story ends."

Yet, here come more stories. :lol:

The screenplay for Episode VII was originally set to be written by Michael Arndt,[75] but in October 2013 it was announced that writing duties would be taken over by Lawrence Kasdan and J. J. Abrams

But these films will be "George's story"

When are you guys going to simply accept the fact, Star Wars is way more than George Lucas? Seriously, when?

I grabbed this info in 5 minutes. Imagine what I can find with more time to dig even deeper?

:rofl: :rofl: You don't think I already knew george had final say :rofl: that's what I mean by his story. If he came up with another idea he would of used it :lol:. The prequels are fine as they are.

What's wrong with Jango being cloned?nothing

What's wrong with having Anakin a child?nothing

What's Wrong with Anakin building 3p0?Nothing

Just because its not your story you have a problem.

Ratings of the 6 films.

From IMDB

ANH 8.7
ESB 8.8
ROTJ 8.1

TPM 6.6
AOTC 6.8
ROTS 7.7

Via RT

ANH 96%
ESB 97%
ROTJ 95%

TPM 60%
AOTC 60%
ROTS 65%

The prequels are fine as they are.

Clearly, you are the minority on that.

I still absolutely love ROTS. But everything else from the prequels that Darth Maul wasn't a part of can go. Everything. All of AOTC, 95% of TPM.

On a different note.... Disney apparently confirmed that the lightsaber we hear at the end of the Teaser is specifically Luke's/Anakins lightsaber that's lost at Bespin in ESB :nerd:

Last edited:
RLM reviews :rofl: :rofl: once again do they not tell us the downfall of Vader? Yes or no answer the question.

No.

Listen man, try to think here.

We were told, in Star Wars, 1977, Obi Wan tried to instruct Anakin, like he had learned from Yoda. Yoda, didn't teach Obi Wan one single ******* thing in those prequels. :lol: Nothing. Not one, single, thing. He "created" some new character, Qui Gon, and in fact, at the end of Menace, had Obi Wan DEFY Yoda. :lol:

Again, the movie came out in 1977, the first prequel in 1999. He had 22 years, and still couldn't do what his own movie said in 77? Think about that.

And the "fall" of Vader? Do you realize that Anakin was a Jedi Hero, who went to Mace Windu, telling him that Palpatine was the Sith they were looking for, so that Mace could either arrest, or defeat that same Sith, and 5 minutes later, that Jedi Hero, who just tried to have Palpatine arrested, was killing children. FIVE. MINUTES. LATER.

You consider that, "the fall of Vader?" Be honest with me man.

I still absolutely love ROTS. But everything else from the prequels that Darth Maul wasn't a part of can go. Everything. All of AOTC, 95% of TPM.

Agree with a lot of this. I did like the conclusion in ROTS, I just wish it could have happened a different way, but from him backing himself into a corner with the first two prequels, he closed it strong.

But that's what pissed me off even more with the first two. He clearly showed he had it in him, why did he screw the first two up so bad? :x :smh:

Back
Top Bottom