• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No.

Listen man, try to think here.

We were told, in Star Wars, 1977, Obi Wan tried to instruct Anakin, like he had learned from Yoda. Yoda, didn't teach Obi Wan one single ******* thing in those prequels. :lol: Nothing. Not one, single, thing. He "created" some new character, Qui Gon, and in fact, at the end of Menace, had Obi Wan DEFY Yoda. :lol:

Again, the movie came out in 1977, the first prequel in 1999. He had 22 years, and still couldn't do what his own movie said in 77? Think about that.

And the "fall" of Vader? Do you realize that Anakin was a Jedi Hero, who went to Mace Windu, telling him that Palpatine was the Sith they were looking for, so that Mace could either arrest, or defeat that same Sith, and 5 minutes later, that Jedi Hero, who just tried to have Palpatine arrested, was killing children. FIVE. MINUTES. LATER.

You consider that, "the fall of Vader?" Be honest with me man.
Yoda trains all the younglings as seen in AOTC so you do the math :wink:

At that point in ROTS you could see the confliction in his face between saving Padme or Sticking with the Jedi. Hell Anakin even said he wouldn't let padme die in AOTC so why is that such a shocker

We all know Anakin has attachment issues :lol:

No.

Listen man, try to think here.

We were told, in Star Wars, 1977, Obi Wan tried to instruct Anakin, like he had learned from Yoda. Yoda, didn't teach Obi Wan one single ******* thing in those prequels. :lol: Nothing. Not one, single, thing. He "created" some new character, Qui Gon, and in fact, at the end of Menace, had Obi Wan DEFY Yoda. :lol:

Again, the movie came out in 1977, the first prequel in 1999. He had 22 years, and still couldn't do what his own movie said in 77? Think about that.

And the "fall" of Vader? Do you realize that Anakin was a Jedi Hero, who went to Mace Windu, telling him that Palpatine was the Sith they were looking for, so that Mace could either arrest, or defeat that same Sith, and 5 minutes later, that Jedi Hero, who just tried to have Palpatine arrested, was killing children. FIVE. MINUTES. LATER.

You consider that, "the fall of Vader?" Be honest with me man.
Yoda trains all the younglings as seen in AOTC so you do the math :wink:

At that point in ROTS you could see the confliction in his face between saving Padme or Sticking with the Jedi. Hell Anakin even said he wouldn't let padme die in AOTC so why is that such a shocker

We all know Anakin has attachment issues :lol:

Really? Yoda trains younglings, so therefore he trained Obi Wan? Really man? :lol:

Again, you are talking about a story so great, the fall/rise of Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader, and you are telling me, “you see the confliction on his face” And in 5 minutes of screen time, he went from hero of the Jedi, to killing children. That’s the story that was told. And you support that? You have no issues there? You’re good with that, after what we were told/shown in 77-83? Like I said a week ago, I feel sorry for you man. I really do. I have no idea at all why you have this blind allegiance to George, but I feel sorry for you about it. I wish I could help you.

Really? Yoda trains younglings, so therefore he trained Obi Wan? Really man? :lol:

Again, you are talking about a story so great, the fall/rise of Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader, and you are telling me, “you see the confliction on his face” And in 5 minutes of screen time, he went from hero of the Jedi, to killing children. That’s the story that was told. And you support that? You have no issues there? You’re good with that, after what we were told/shown in 77-83? Like I said a week ago, I feel sorry for you man. I really do. I have no idea at all why you have this blind allegiance to George, but I feel sorry for you about it. I wish I could help you.
Our first Glance at Anakins Turn was when he Killed the Tusken Raiders. Our second was when he killed dooku unarmed. Get the trend? He was also manipulated by the master manipulator in Sidious.

I still absolutely love ROTS. But everything else from the prequels that Darth Maul wasn't a part of can go. Everything. All of AOTC, 95% of TPM.

Agree with a lot of this. I did like the conclusion in ROTS, I just wish it could have happened a different way, but from him backing himself into a corner with the first two prequels, he closed it strong.

But that's what pissed me off even more with the first two. He clearly showed he had it in him, why did he screw the first two up so bad? :x :smh:

A lot of the superficial stuff was garbage but the backstory of the rise of Sidious arguably was a more intricate story than the OG films (ESB is my favorite of all time). How Papatine became emperor due to just a trade dispute shows how powerful and clairvoyant he truly was. Every domino fell into place. Tyrannus and Sifo Dias (same dude right? Can't remember of the top of the head) putting the order to get the clone army, the trade federation and separatists being played like puppets, the Jedi not having any clue to what's happening, making Yoda look like a punk at the end of Episode III, getting the most powerful or force sensitive Jedi to turn to the dark side, order 66 etc; Sidious was a beast.

If you watch the prequels from that viewpoint they seem much better than they are. Also if you feel like the war aspect of each film was lacking that's what the cartoons were for; they made up for the lackluster movies.

^
Very good point on Sidious. I agree, THAT part of the equation was very interesting, way moreso than the storyline for Anakin. Hence, a lot of the complaints about that trilogy. The trilogy about Anakin Skywalker, was overshadowed by that of Sidious, and we aren’t supposed to bring that up, “it doesn’t matter”???? :lol:

It’s part of what many of us Star Wars fans have complained about, what if they nailed the Anakin storyline, AND hit with the Sidious side of things? That is what we should have been given. Not ******* Jar Jar and podraces.

I always thought Sifo Dias, was a disguise for Sidious, like purposely throwing the Jedi off the scent or something to that effect, using an alias, etc. But I might be wrong. Same with Tyrannus/Dukoo. Not really sure on that tho.

I still absolutely love ROTS. But everything else from the prequels that Darth Maul wasn't a part of can go. Everything. All of AOTC, 95% of TPM.

Agree with a lot of this. I did like the conclusion in ROTS, I just wish it could have happened a different way, but from him backing himself into a corner with the first two prequels, he closed it strong.

But that's what pissed me off even more with the first two. He clearly showed he had it in him, why did he screw the first two up so bad? :x :smh:

A lot of the superficial stuff was garbage but the backstory of the rise of Sidious arguably was a more intricate story than the OG films (ESB is my favorite of all time). How Papatine became emperor due to just a trade dispute shows how powerful and clairvoyant he truly was. Every domino fell into place. Tyrannus and Sifo Dias (same dude right? Can't remember of the top of the head) putting the order to get the clone army, the trade federation and separatists being played like puppets, the Jedi not having any clue to what's happening, making Yoda look like a punk at the end of Episode III, getting the most powerful or force sensitive Jedi to turn to the dark side, order 66 etc; Sidious was a beast.

If you watch the prequels from that viewpoint they seem much better than they are. Also if you feel like the war aspect of each film was lacking that's what the cartoons were for; they made up for the lackluster movies.

Agreed... Palpatine looked like the ultimate manipulator... Granted everyone else looked stupid.. But that's real life for you...

Also I can completely bye Obi-Wan saying Yoda trained him... Obi was already stretching the truth thin on the Vader/Anakin fact... And it big ups Yoda at the same time....

The Obi-Wan being trained by Yoda thing was always overblown imo. It's clearly shown that Yoda trains all young Jedi in Episode II before they're taken as Padawans. Granted, that's obviously not what people took from Obi-Wans comment on Hoth, but his statement still holds true... From a certain point of view :lol:

And they even mentioned it again in the Clone Wars. There was an Episode where the council was blaming something Yoda was going through on him possibly being troubled by his "student" Dooku being a Sith. Obi-Wan responded to that comment by saying "we were all apprenticed to Master Yoda". So again... It's not how people thought things would play out, but it's still true.

Is Mara Jade considered canon?? Will she be in these movies?
nerd.gif

Do you guys think it is possible for this trilogy to be better than IV-VI?

Last edited:
Nah she isn't... But Disney recently sent out a memo to Hasbro to stop making all EU figures.... But they're still making the Mara Jade, Plagueis and Revan ones. Plagueis is canon now... Revan is being made canon.... So that just randomly leaves the Jade figure. There hasn't been any rumors of her popping up in the movie, or having died prior to TFA or something like that, so no one knows why that figure is the exception to the rule right now.

Do you guys think it is possible for this trilogy to be better than IV-VI?

I don't think so, no.

Luke, Han, Leia, prime Vader is pretty much unbeatable.

I'm not saying there's 0 chance, but let's just say I have it very, very low, like 2% or some random number. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom