Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

yo fellas, so i injured my left knee last week doing squats (warm-up weight) i usually don't like doing a full ROM because i heard it messes up your knee's faster (not sure if true). I recently started doing a full ROM because I didn't think anything was going to happen and now this. So finished my squat workout, which was stupid of me and my knee got a little warm. After my workout i was not able to walk correctly and got a bit worse the day after. I tried to put no pressure on it for the rest of the week so i iced it and it got much better. The pain comes from the top inside of my knee and feels like a pinching pain. I know I have weak knee's ever since i was small because i use to play basketball a lot and my knees would just swell up out of nowhere. As we fast forward to today i wanted to try it out so i stretched and warmed up with some stair master. It felt pretty good with no pain when doing that, but when i tried to squat with the bar i felt a small pinch again at the end of the set of 10.I didn't go all the way down because i was scared of injuring it again. It feels fine now with no pain/swelling it seems like when i squat down with weight i get the pinch. Any advice on what i should do? should i keep resting it? any alternatives on what i can do for a leg workout instead of squats... Im super frustrated i cannot squat and pissed because i just started a new program and i was making good progress then now i have this set-back.
my fault for the kinda long read

Originally Posted by akuratl02

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  I have a whole new respect for you work out dudes that go hard.  Whether you are losing or gaining, working out takes devotion like a muva!

I joined NYSC almost a month and a half ago and im just started to pick up the pace.  I let a lot of small summer fun replace gym time though already, plus hyper extended my shoulder slightly trying to go hard. 

I wish I had a good leg routine for beginners.  Any suggestions?  BTW I'm trying to gain mass hard body!

2 best lower body exercises are the squat and the deadlift. You can put up serious numbers with these lifts and they help your entire body.

The bench press + squat + deadlift are the 3 exercises typically used to measure raw strength. I think the guidelines for being "strong' are a 1.5x body weight bench press, 1.5x body weight squat and a 2x body weight deadlift.

Have fun and go hard
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Vid of my 300 lb bench for our website.� I look really skinny in the vid, though
ohwell.gif
New goal is 315; three plates per side would be pretty sick!�
Stats?
5'10-5'11, 175lbs.

Originally Posted by Jhustle23

chew, doesn't those plyos hurt your wrists?
Nope, wrists are fine.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by akuratl02

2 best lower body exercises are the squat and the deadlift. You can put up serious numbers with these lifts and they help your entire body.

The bench press + squat + deadlift are the 3 exercises typically used to measure raw strength. I think the guidelines for being "strong' are a 1.5x body weight bench press, 1.5x body weight squat and a 2x body weight deadlift.

Have fun and go hard
pimp.gif

I don't think you can judge strength without OHP. maybe even more so than bench press IMO
Then again I hardly bench 1.0BW 
laugh.gif

Starting to focus on my pull up reps. Two month goal is 20 reps, currently at about 8.
laugh.gif

What's good dinner time food to have while on the process of losing weight? Suggestions anybody?

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Vid of my 300 lb bench for our website.� I look really skinny in the vid, though
ohwell.gif
New goal is 315; three plates per side would be pretty sick!�
You are so Canadian!!
laugh.gif

I always wondered if I would have the same mannerisms and voice I have now if I hadn't moved away from Canada
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

^ salads, wheat bread, turkey slices, eggs, fruits, different kinds of vegetables (cooked of course).

I'm trying to get into a gym this weekend, and I've kept telling myself that im going to get back into working out, but I have no motivation whatsoever smfh......I need to find some somewhere.

Sick.

Bench = 75kg.. goal 90kg
Squat = 1RM 130kg 2x weight
Deadlift = 1RM 140kg 2x weight

Im getting there fellas!!

Quick question, how detrimental is caffine to overall health in the long run? I don't drink coffee, maybe had 10 cups of it my whole life. But tonight im rather sluggish and I want to hit the gym, had a strait coffee (no sugar, milk etc) as a pre-workout pick me the +@*@ up..

^^ not a coffee drinker but this summer im doing all natural and i usually drink some green tea before the gym. Gives me a little burst but meh.. im always looking forward to the gym and to lift so that is really all i need since i am not bulking and lifting too heavy right now

pimp.gif

brettTHEjett you gotta start hitting your back way harder.

Really start focusing on dead-lifts and pull-ups. Your lower back and lats are severely lacking

Originally Posted by Dakingii

brettTHEjett you gotta start hitting your back way harder.

Really start focusing on dead-lifts and pull-ups. Your lower back and lats are severely lacking

This. 
Dead-lifts, T bar rows, close grip lat pulldowns, wide grip lat pull downs.... did we mention dead-lifts?
pimp.gif

hit those hard and you will see a significant improvement on your back fam

Are leg extensions bad for your knees? Some dude at the gym told me to not do them bc I might injure my knee. I usually do those last and I don't do much weight since I'm drained by the time I'm done with squats and leg presses.

Originally Posted by EMkicks

Can anyone recomend me a good place to purchase some ephedrine...
for an EC stack?  Ephedrine can be found behind the counter in drug stores (eg. Walgreens) in a product called Bronkaid  (which is an over the counter asthma med).

chino905 wrote:
Are leg extensions bad for your knees? Some dude at the gym told me to not do them bc I might injure my knee. I usually do those last and I don't do much weight since I'm drained by the time I'm done with squats and leg presses.

As long as you don't do TOO much weight. common sense should apply here. 
as for studies saying its bad... no clue.

Spoiler [+]
m9n82e.jpg
[/img]

Current Stats:

146 LBs

This is off a 4 set / 4-6 rep 

Bench: 175 LBs.

Squat: 205 LBs.

Deadlift: 205 LBs.

Quite literally, I just added the deadlift into my workout routine a month ago and the results are 
eek.gif
.  Add to the fact that I do HIIT for 30 minutes after every workout and dropped my BF% and weight but still putting on more muscle.

I'm tryna reach at LEAST 180 on the bench, 225 on the squat and deadlift by the end of August.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Spoiler [+]
m9n82e.jpg
[/img]

Current Stats:

146 LBs

This is off a 4 set / 4-6 rep 

Bench: 175 LBs.

Squat: 205 LBs.

Deadlift: 205 LBs.

Quite literally, I just added the deadlift into my workout routine a month ago and the results are 
eek.gif
.  Add to the fact that I do HIIT for 30 minutes after every workout and dropped my BF% and weight but still putting on more muscle.

I'm tryna reach at LEAST 180 on the bench, 225 on the squat and deadlift by the end of August.
Nice stats bro, keep up the good work.
if you don't mind me asking, what is your current workout looking like, split wise?

and how is your dieting?

100% sure you can reach your goals by end of Aug!

so ive been losing weight since i started lifting again. my stats was 175lbs which was in may now i am currently in 155 range.

stats:
5'7
bench press 150 - 45lbs plates x 2, 25lbs plates x 2
dead lifts 150 - 45lbs plates x 2, 25lbs plates x 2
Squats 150 - 45lbs plates x 2, 25lbs plates x 2

me in may

me in june

me in july

right now im switching up my routine to 5x5 and changing the eating habits, since i was pretty much on calories deficit for the past 3 months.

I was considering taking a eca stack but was doing some research and found that alot of the fat remains in the fat cells instead of releasing, making it even harder to burn the fat. I am no workout/science guru but could anyone chime in on this ?

Originally Posted by chino905

u can injure you knees especially if u use alot of weight on them. 

Back
Top Bottom