Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by y0ung j33zy

didnt want to start a new thread, but does anyone know of some decent running shoes? i have flat feet so that might be a factor. 
It totally depends on your feet, man. One good shoe for someone might be terrible for another.
If you have flat feet, I recommend seeing a foot doctor and having orthodics made. At the very least, pick up some arch supports from a store.

When you're picking out shoes, look into the Brooks Addiction/Beast lines. They don't look very cool, but they're the best ones I've had with my low arches. ASICS can be good, too. DON'T get Nike/Adidas, and especially don't cop Nike Frees. Go to a store where someone can actually help you find a good running shoe that fits your foot... aka not Foot Locker/Champs/Nike outlet.

^

I just got a pair of Nike Free's and they are AMAZING. Easily the comfiest shoe ive ever had. Curious why you are saying not to get Free's?

Originally Posted by Bballkingsrule

What are the best chest excercises because I just want to get my cheat lookin like Hulk.

I usually do benching, and chest press dumbells laying down. Once in a while I do perfect pushup or chest press machine. What are the best methods to get my chest/pecs in big time mode.

incline bench/incline dumbbell/crossovers, chest dips, flyes.

stay away from decline anything.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

^

I just got a pair of Nike Free's and they are AMAZING. Easily the comfiest shoe ive ever had. Curious why you are saying not to get Free's?

comfy doesn't correlate with being good running shoes.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

^

This is true.  However, my Frees are actually some of my favorite running shoes.  Pretty much the only Nike running shoe worth giving a shot.

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

^

This is true.  However, my Frees are actually some of my favorite running shoes.  Pretty much the only Nike running shoe worth giving a shot.
I used to work out in shox's for years, but ever since I got my first pair of free's earlier this year, I'm already at 3 pairs in my rotation and I will continue to work out in them for as long as they keep making them.  I run on both the track and on treadmills in the gym and my feet always feel great while running in them.  Makes squats and dead-lifts feel better too

Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter

What are the best chest excercises because I just want to get my cheat lookin like Hulk.

I usually do benching, and chest press dumbells laying down. Once in a while I do perfect pushup or chest press machine. What are the best methods to get my chest/pecs in big time mode.

Why do you say this? Jw...

^

Nike Frees (and Nikes in general) are catered towards people with good, high arches. 
frown.gif
 Us arch-challenged people are better suited for shoes like this, unfortunately:
brooks-addiction-2.jpg

I know. Ugly. Old man-style. But I suck it up and rock them because they're the best thing for me.

Wearing a pair of Frees would have my shins throbbing within minutes.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

explain why/how you can't do squats. chins > bicep curls. buy a doorway bar.

I'm weak, and haven't touched weights to begin with.  I only have free weights though.  Should I start light and build up? It seems logical. I was one of those kids that couldn't do pull ups. 

fair enough, yes starting light is the way to go. Alwyn Cosgrove one of the best trainers imo  states  As far as I’m concerned, unless you can do an easy 20 push-ups, you have no business getting under a bar for bench pressing. In my training facility, everyone begins with body weight exercises. You have to earn the right to lift weights.    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/body_barbell.htm Also remember Nutrition is key, you can't out train a bad diet.
Hi,

Thanks for the links.  I've read mixed things, granted we are all difft in our genetic make up.  People told me to take protein supplements and to focus on protein.  I have my cardio side in as I play basketball a few times a week, each time being a few games.  Since playing in the past 2+ years, I did notice a great improvement in my stamina and endurance.  I can now run a lot more games as compared to before.  

But now, my focus is on getting stronger, and getting better.  I know that if I cut out the alcohol, I can shed a lot more fat, but that'll be my challenge. 

Could you elaborate on what a typical schedule should be like? I know rest and recovery as well as diet to be of great importance.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

I used to work out in shox's for years, but ever since I got my first pair of free's earlier this year, I'm already at 3 pairs in my rotation and I will continue to work out in them for as long as they keep making them.  I run on both the track and on treadmills in the gym and my feet always feel great while running in them.  Makes squats and dead-lifts feel better too
If you knew anything about running/footwear, you would ONLY wear your running shoes while running. And you should NEVER wear running shoes while DLing or squatting.. the compressible soles dont give you a stable base to press from. Get some Converses, dunks or weightlifting shoes (ideal) or just take your shoes off and do them in your socks, which is the route I take.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

If you knew anything about running/footwear, you would ONLY wear your running shoes while running. And you should NEVER wear running shoes while DLing or squatting.. the compressible soles dont give you a stable base to press from. Get some Converses, dunks or weightlifting shoes (ideal) or just take your shoes off and do them in your socks, which is the route I take.
What difference does the little extra cushion in the shoe make if the rack is on those soft pad things they put on the floor anyway?  It's not a hard surface to begin with.  Plus I only do legs once a week, I doubt there'll be any significant gains if i make a shoe switch so it's really no big deal to me.

What difference does the little extra cushion in the shoe make if the rack is on those soft pad things they put on the floor anyway?  It's not a hard surface to begin with.  Plus I only do legs once a week, I doubt there'll be any significant gains if i make a shoe switch so it's really no big deal to me.
You know what, go ahead and wear the same shoes you run in when you deadlift, I'm sure they'll hold up great and serve you right for the next 1000 miles you put down.

eyes.gif

You know what, go ahead and wear the same shoes you run in when you deadlift, I'm sure they'll hold up great and serve you right for the next 1000 miles you put down.

eyes.gif
happy.gif

eyes.gif
happy.gif

2LipsLegit is right though. I won't bother with explaining because you probably wouldn't listen anyway.
And what soft pads are you talking about? If you're talking about the mats that they put down in the gym, those are highly compressed, rubberized mats. Nothing soft and foamy about them.

Ive heard this from multiple people, but for every person that deadlifts with converse, weightlifting shoes or whatever, theres a person wohodoes it in running shoes. And I go to powerhouse where 80% of the people are jacked the hell up, so im sure most of these people know what they are doing. From what ive heard, running shoes sometimes make you push on your toes, and could cause you to wobble, but thats never happened to me. I do feel a bit more stable DLing barefoot, but its hardly a difference. I dont go too heavy so maybe thats why it isnt a big difference.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

eyes.gif
happy.gif

2LipsLegit is right though. I won't bother with explaining because you probably wouldn't listen anyway.
And what soft pads are you talking about? If you're talking about the mats that they put down in the gym, those are highly compressed, rubberized mats. Nothing soft and foamy about them.

I know he's right, I looked it up.  I just asked a question and he replied with his response, so that's that.  It's really no big deal.  Like 10 Nuggets said above, I'm sure there's benefits of it, but it's not that serious for me, but it's still good info and I'm not knocking that.  And yeah, I was talking about those mats.  As compressed as they are, they're still rubber and will give in, even a little bit, right?

happy.gif

I know he's right, I looked it up.  I just asked a question and he replied with his response, so that's that.  It's really no big deal.  Like 10 Nuggets said above, I'm sure there's benefits of it, but it's not that serious for me, but it's still good info and I'm not knocking that.  And yeah, I was talking about those mats.  As compressed as they are, they're still rubber and will give in, even a little bit, right?
Those matts will never have the same effect as running shoes. If anything you would sink into the matt, whereas the shoes are a bubble under your foot that you can wobble on. On top of that, if you have a platform to lift on, its usually wooden in the middle so the matts would not be a factor at all.

If you choose to ignore "good info" then I dont know what to say. I guess you're not serious about improvement because you don't want to get the most out of your workout.

Those matts will never have the same effect as running shoes. If anything you would sink into the matt, whereas the shoes are a bubble under your foot that you can wobble on. On top of that, if you have a platform to lift on, its usually wooden in the middle so the matts would not be a factor at all.

If you choose to ignore "good info" then I dont know what to say. I guess you're not serious about improvement because you don't want to get the most out of your workout.

Nah, it's cool.  This thread is to help people out anyway, so that's why I asked.  That way, whoever reads it can understand why you recommended doing squats barefooted.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

anyone see benefits of one scoop isolate protein mixed one scoop casein for their postwo shake?

Depends when you take it.
Benefits are convenience if you can't eat whole foods containing protein to meet your macros.

*$%@ just got real. My girl wants to start the workout equivalent of the '%%$*% jar' that they had in "The Wood." First one to reach their bodyfat % goals gets the money....Now that I think about it, if any of you guys go to the gym with your friends and you have certain goals in mind, this is a great motivational tool, as requested by some of you who seek new methods of attaining it.

Originally Posted by Caerus

About the decline? It isolates and builds the lower chest which gives the droopy chest look due to excessive lower chest build or lack of upper chest development.

About the decline? It isolates and builds the lower chest which gives the droopy chest look due to excessive lower chest build or lack of upper chest development.

Lol. Cool broscience bro.
There are only 2 parts to the chest. Pec Minor, Pec Major.

Only way to build a big chest...Heavy BB and DB Bench.

Lol. Cool broscience bro.
There are only 2 parts to the chest. Pec Minor, Pec Major.

Only way to build a big chest...Heavy BB and DB Bench.
What if you dont have access to a gym all the time to do these, how else can you build your chest? 

Back
Top Bottom