STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

so i tried jogging and i got hella bad shin splints... i tried to jog til i saw lumps on my shins.. they felt like a muscle cramp or something.. elliptical doesnt seem to get my heart going enough though... i need to lose weight, went to visit my moms and she was clowning me...

shin splints suck dude! Are you flat footed? Might need to get soles. Try doing range of motions exercises along with icing. 
i dont think i am... i run hella ******ed though... both of my ankles have been broken and the leg where i get the shin splints i have a metal plate and screws on my ankle ... i can tell after running for a bit i can feel that im not landing right? or i have a ****** running motion on that foot..
ill check out that treadmill incline.. and check out some soles

Leg day. ..gym is empty this morning... so what do you do...

16 sets of leg press..

And lunge wherever i want

Last edited:
i dont think i am... i run hella ******ed though... both of my ankles have been broken and the leg where i get the shin splints i have a metal plate and screws on my ankle ... i can tell after running for a bit i can feel that im not landing right? or i have a ****** running motion on that foot..
ill check out that treadmill incline.. and check out some soles
I used to get really bad shin splints and 3 things have helped me.
1. Most important. What shoes you are wearing. If you are wearing some cheap Nike's then death to you. I love Nike and always have but I have found that my foot likes asics better. Nike is not the #1 choice for running. Also if you find your heel hits too hard then find sneakers that have less thickness on the heel.
2. Making sure you use your entire foot. Focus on rolling from the heel to your toes. At first it's annoying trying to tell your body to do it but next thing you know it's muscle memory.
3. Lift your legs higher. This helps with longer strides and you cover more ground. Works your thighs a lot but you get used to it.

I used to hate running man. And all this has helped me

Sprints > running

Get that caloric afterburn and spend half the time... no effects on your cortisol either.

Ehhh depends on what you're going after

I'm personally not about that cardio life, so I try to fit in HIIT sprints on some off days

Running is relaxing and that runners high is real. Got the ill leg veins now cause of it and I hate it.
laugh.gif
tell me about it
pimp.gif

I can only run when playing a sport or something :lol:

I can't just go and run for the hell of running.

When I run sprints, I just have my dad or brother throw me go routes :lol: :pimp:

Them shin splints are a real struggle. I have em too. I used to love running too. Now it's only sprints...even speed walkin a long distance has me in pain...

your app is ******* guessin son

he has alpha genetics tho. and vegetables are carbs..:rolleyes

and he was a fitness model for 'pumba'

Last edited:

So I have a leg-length discrepancy. my left leg is significantly longer than my right, I would say up to and half inch. Per the chiropractor my hips/pelvis are uneven which is causing back, hip, shoulder pain. lol pretty much I feel like something is off. 

Anyone dealt with this? I 've started stretching a lot more, but I can't afford chiro work right now so it's all on me.
You gotta lengthen that hip capsule joint bro. By doing mobility work along with soft tissue work if you don't want to hit up a chiro. Check out my vids on hip work and foam rolling. Hope that helps bro! Cause being off balance is not good
Thank you!! This thread moves too damn fast. 

Running is relaxing and that runners high is real. Got the ill leg veins now cause of it and I hate it.
laugh.gif
THIS!!! I'm fat, was fat, but running long distances 3-5+ miles 3x/week was the ONLY way I've burned through fat like butter. And runners high is REAL, nothing beats it. Feeling pain after 1-2 miles and then BAM feels like you're on a cloud and you're just coasting not even thinking about stopping anytime soon. I want to get back on the pavement, but my conditioning is terrible right now.

Last edited:
For those of you who are trying to target certain parts of the quads by messing around with stances, feet angles, etc. i hope youre mentally prepared for some pain down the road.

Its a really high risk situation with little to no reward trying to target parts of a muscle.

For those of you who are trying to target certain parts of the quads by messing around with stances, feet angles, etc. i hope youre mentally prepared for some pain down the road.

Its a really high risk situation with little to no reward trying to target parts of a muscle.

You should know by now that people don't care about that till they get hurt.

Sincerely, pressing behind the neck.

I can only run when playing a sport or something :lol:

I can't just go and run for the hell of running.

When I run sprints, I just have my dad or brother throw me go routes :lol: :pimp:

Its not for everyone but nothing beats running a new route and seeing different things and running by people doing everyday activities. Running through Central Park or even somewhere downtown is cool.

Last edited:
Im not a runner nor even like running. But I get random moods to run. And after about that mile in a half, cruise control

I'm not a runner either. But man do I love the feeling of completing a route or beating my 1 mile time. Nothing beats that for me. That's why I get the motivation to run sometimes. Especially like a lot of you know how much I hated running

Nothing wrong wih some BTN presses if you have good mobility 
laugh.gif

Its not for everyone but nothing beats running a new route and seeing different things and running by people doing everyday activities. Running through Central Park or even somewhere downtown is cool.
Damn you didn't say you lived there 
laugh.gif

I'd go out for a run all the time then... terrain here in Texas mad boring and Oregon where I go to school at always rains 

Im on a little vacation in California and have about a week left

Ive been sticking to macros, but am starting to feel like they need to be thrown out the window for the time being

How do you guys approach macros on vacation?

Its all about foot positions and hitting them at a different angle. So for lets say hack squats this really targets the inner quad well by placing your foot close to together almost heels touching with your toes posting out. Targets that inner quad amazing! 

Ima try this
Thanks man!

Nothing wrong wih some BTN presses if you have good mobility :lol:

Damn you didn't say you lived there :lol:

I'd go out for a run all the time then... terrain here in Texas mad boring and Oregon where I go to school at always rains 

Whats the benefit of doing a behind the neck press though

Back
Top Bottom