STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yeah commercial gyms blow but it is what it is. We got a lot of big talkers in here :lol:

I would have just let dude work in, each person just takes the plates off when the other guy is going, I've done it all the time with zero problems. No one really wants to fight in a gym, there's literally weapons everywhere :lol:

Literally all you can do. Dudes talking about catching cases over shared equipment.

For real. The Golds I go to now is pretty hood and a lot of people walk around like they're bad ***** so you just gotta go in there knowing it's the jungle. In my experience even the people who look like they have a problem are usually cool when you ask to work in or get a spot.

Some of you guys most be in school or don't have real jobs talking about fighting, you gonna go to jail over a squat rack? Lol

For real. The Golds I go to now is pretty hood and a lot of people walk around like they're bad ***** so you just gotta go in there knowing it's the jungle. In my experience even the people who look like they have a problem are usually cool when you ask to work in or get a spot.

Some of you guys most be in school or don't have real jobs talking about fighting, you gonna go to jail over a squat rack? Lol

Ive got a real job and I avoid confrontation most times, but in that situation I would have told him to step outside real talk. Dude trying to tip the weights over on me that ain't flying. Wouldn't fight him in the gym cause there's weapons everywhere and more than likely get banned/arrested. But we'd have to step outside and square up

When keepin it real....goes wrong. Volume NT stay/get back in shape thread

Even when I was at LA fitness I couldn't have imagined it happening...some guys have weird luck with ppl

In all honesty, I would rather switch gyms than deal with characters like that. I got enough stress dealing with ppl at work at times.. Hard headed coworkers... And literally crazy patients.

Outside of work, I'm tryna have fun, not deal with more of the same bull. I don't wanna pay to deal with bs

At least at work, I get paid to deal with bs :lol:

Last edited:
I go to a hood gym as well but I never see anything like that.

Everybody in there just going to work, dudes is tryna help spot/work in with you more than anything.

I was f it. He gonna play I can play all day. I wasn't gonna fight tho, unless he puts his hands on me. That's a different story. I got a job too that's why, gotta avoid **** like that

Ive got a real job and I avoid confrontation most times, but in that situation I would have told him to step outside real talk. Dude trying to tip the weights over on me that ain't flying. Wouldn't fight him in the gym cause there's weapons everywhere and more than likely get banned/arrested. But we'd have to step outside and square up

Yeah if he started taking my weights off right in front of me or did something to endanger me then I would stop him and let him know we can just work in together. I wouldn't ask him to step outside though lol I'd just defend myself if he tried me.

I think there's an American ninja warrior type gym like 30min south of me. Training and indoor obstacle course open to ppl and kids who wanna fun with it. I'd do it

Being difficult/annoying/obnoxious is one thing, but crossing a line and putting someone in danger is another. I have a great job and am as calm as ever at this point in life. But if you do some dumb **** like that you better believe I'm going to tell you I'll kick your *** if you don't walk away. Sometimes people just don't deserve a pass.

Being difficult/annoying/obnoxious is one thing, but crossing a line and putting someone in danger is another. I have a great job and am as calm as ever at this point in life. But if you do some dumb **** like that you better believe I'm going to tell you I'll kick your *** if you don't walk away. Sometimes people just don't deserve a pass.

My sentiments exactly

No one fights in my gym. A dude is banned for asking guys if he could suck their **** in the bathroom but no fights.

:lol: my mans was tryna get that post workout protein in.

So buddy was just asking random dudes if they wanted some top? Lmao da hell?

That's what the employee told me. :lol:

Back story he did hella time and he was only asking the other bros who did some years to top them off thinking they'd be down. :rofl:

cant make this up.. 
mean.gif

i wouldn't lose my job if i got in a fight. depending on the circumstance, my boss would bail me out and i know plenty of lawyers. heck, we got a client in here once and was in the system for killing his sister's ex-bf who was abusive and my boss bought him a laptop and helped pay for his tuition. dude is a mechanical engineer now. my boss is all about wild west justice. if i got in a fight just starting crap or not trying to stand up for myself or in self-defense though, i'd be on my own.

Speaking of cases I was found not guilty on all counts. Now I can refocus on my training and diet because I let it go to complete **** lately.

QFT.

i wouldn't lose my job if i got in a fight. depending on the circumstance, my boss would bail me out and i know plenty of lawyers. heck, we got a client in here once and was in the system for killing his sister's ex-bf who was abusive and my boss bought him a laptop and helped pay for his tuition. dude is a mechanical engineer now. my boss is all about wild west justice. if i got in a fight just starting crap or not trying to stand up for myself or in self-defense though, i'd be on my own.
Now that's some real ish. I'm the same exact way. Props to your boss

Is LISS better then HIIT for losing weight ?
I wouldn't say one is better. They will both help you create a deficit. Depends on what type of cardio you like yo do. Like for me my training sessions are intense. And I need to recover more. So I do LISS. 

As a nurse, I think I would automatically lose my job if I get arrested for any reason.

It must be nice that you guys can get into fights and keep your job :lol:

Last edited:
lol im 5'6 and 155 lb and im always in the gym with a mean face but thats just how my face looks lol.

im always friendly when people ask me if they can work in with me, etc.

commercial gyms are a different world. The things i see at La Fitness (have a membership) and Golds (pops goes there ive gone with a few times) are things of internet fame. But my regular gym is decently upscale ($90 a month), i have never seen an issue at the gym. Everyone seems to be courteous...not intelligent (don't rerack, curl in the squat rack, stand right on top of the dumbbell rack etc)...but when questioned they are all friendly.
you go to LifeTime?

Lifetime seems like a sweet gym to go to. Looks like a more upscale LA fitness, with weightlifting platforms and bumper plates plus it's cheaper than a crossfit gym

What are you bros thoughts on this....

http://stronglifts.com/deadlift/grip/

Quoted from article:
Deadlift with the bar low in your palm, close to your fingers. Don’t hold it mid-palm. If you grip the bar mid-palm, skin will fold between your fingers and palm. The bar will press on these skin folds as well as the meat, bones and nerves under it. This pressure can be painful and force you to relax your grip. The bar then slides down and opens your hands. You may lose the weight because you Deadlifted with the wrong grip. Gripping the bar mid-palm can also result in torn calluses. Your hands form calluses where the skin folds to protect against the pressure of the bar. More skin folding is more calluses. The bar traps bigger calluses more easily than small ones. Eventually you get a torn callus that bleeds. This isn’t cool because now you have to skip Deadlifting until it heals. It isn’t smart either because a proper grip prevents torn calluses. The wrong way to grip the bar on Deadlift is mid-palm. Notice the skin folding under the bar. This will hurt and tear calluses. Grip the bar right on top of your biggest calluses. Between the base of your fingers and your palm. The goal is to avoid skin folding at the base of your palm when you grip the bar. Less skin folding is less calluses, smaller calluses and a more comfortable grip. http://stronglifts.com/deadlift/grip/

I feel like when i try what the article says, i cant grip it as tightly and lose grip. It does pinch less. I must be doing it wrong?? Ive been holding it the " wrong" way which results in too much skin pinching when i pull 3 plates or more. I prob just need more grip strength

Back
Top Bottom