STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Sure theres a chance you could throw down and just get banned from the gym or something, but what if you hit someone they fall hit their head on a rack or weight and its lights out forever? I promise you will get charged no matter who started it.

Chances are it won't even be a fight because people will break it up like that video posted 50 pages back.

People, like myself, that have been through the system, and learned, just think differently when it comes to certain situations. The only way I'm getting into an altercation is if I literally have no choice. 

Still cool with all you brawlers though :lol: 8)
You're right. After almost giving away my freedom a number of times many years ago, I thank God that people stepped in during each situation and stopped me from ruining my own life. I've become much wiser and calmer when it comes to altercations, however If I'm lifting a heavy barbell and somebody moves the weights off while I'm lifting which could cause injury to myself , homie deserves a twenty pound dumbbell to the knee cap. It's just damn principal. Unfortunately the law doesn't see it that way. :lol:

Last edited:

Sure theres a chance you could throw down and just get banned from the gym or something, but what if you hit someone they fall hit their head on a rack or weight and its lights out forever? I promise you will get charged no matter who started it.

Chances are it won't even be a fight because people will break it up like that video posted 50 pages back.

People, like myself, that have been through the system, and learned, just think differently when it comes to certain situations. The only way I'm getting into an altercation is if I literally have no choice

Still cool with all you brawlers though 
laugh.gif
glasses.gif
Boss has been arrested???

But yeah, I can't ever see myself getting into a fight. If someone comes at me I'll defend myself but I'll try to walk away before it even gets to that. I don't care if it's a "*****" move. 

Boss has been arrested???

But yeah, I can't ever see myself getting into a fight. If someone comes at me I'll defend myself but I'll try to walk away before it even gets to that. I don't care if it's a "*****" move. 
We all got a past bro, just being young and really dumb! 
laugh.gif

Boss went from taking his aggression out on ppl IRL to limiting that to the Internet. Smart man lol

Getting banned > getting arrested

Last edited:
Naw **** that. Nothing gets the adrenaline going like a solid scrape. Makes you feel alive and **** it I keep money for lawyers

Didn't feel like lifting heavy today since I got up at 4 am.

Instead I got my squat critiqued by a one of the competing powerlifting dudes I know. Apparently I squat like an Olympic lifter pretty solid but I learned some new powerlifting techniques like where to break in the hips vs. knees and to drive into the bar vs heels.

That was a fun session. Then I rack pulled until my nerves said no more. Taking two days off now.

I watched a pretty cool video on YouTube where guys from different disciplines were squatting together. Interesting to see when they pointed out different squat techniques. I had some experience squatting from before but it felt like starting from scratch when I started high bar squatting like a weightlifter.

I hold it high but I break my knees and hips at about the same point and keep a more upright position. That's how I have been doing it.

He had me arch my back more and break my hips first and then my knees like I was having someone pull a chair from under me but still standing. It felt weird but I was getting it.

Like you said it's like starting from scratch. I'm more comfortable breaking my knees and hips at the same time.

Was watching some Max Chewning videos and just got put on to fitnessdealnews.com. Basically slickdeals but for the fitness community.

Squatted last night. Worked up to 2 working sets of 335lb for 2 reps each set.

Then came down and did 5sets of 5reps at 275. First real leg day in a while since no soccer game this weekend so i squatted for a good 40-45mins. Felt good. Strength felt good. Body felt frail :lol:. When i put 335lb on my back i feel like the slightest mis step could destroy my back. Still don't know how people my size rep 405. I was belted and still felt a lot of compression in my spine just in between breathes when i would lose tightness.

So powerlifting back squats shift the weight on their back going down and coming up?

As opposed to the upright back position that Olympic weightlifters back squat?

So powerlifting back squats shift the weight on their back going down and coming up?

As opposed to the upright back position that Olympic weightlifters back squat?
What exactly are you asking? Most PLers squat with a low bar position because it uses more muscle groups thus helping you move more weight.

What exactly are you asking? Most PLers squat with a low bar position because it uses more muscle groups thus helping you move more weight.

It seems the low bar squat is using the back with hold the weight hence the leaning forward, while the high bar squat upright.

What muscle groups are working in he low bar to get the weight down and up?

It seems the low bar squat is using the back with hold the weight hence the leaning forward, while the high bar squat upright.

What muscle groups are working in he low bar to get the weight down and up?

"When you drop the bar a little lower on your back, you’re effectively decreasing how long the lever of your torso is for the movement. It’s like moving the 25-pound plate a little closer to your shoulder and farther from your wrist. The same basic principle applies to how far forward your knees track. Since they typically won’t track quite as far forward when squatting low bar, that’s also analogous to moving the 25-pound plate a bit closer to your shoulder. That means that your muscles don’t have to produce quite as much force to produce the required torque to overcome the resistance."

http://strengtheory.com/its-time-to-end-this-nonsense-high-bar-vs-low-bar-squatting/

pretty good article explaining it.

To answer your question there isn't much of a difference in muscle activation high bar vs low bar according to the article. Most people can squat 10-15% higher weights at low bar due to the above mentioned torque vs resistance.

Also, the way I understand it is that high bar squatting is more of a quad dominant exercise. Low bar squatting you're really getting more assistance from glutes and hams.

Last edited:
Lifts are finally coming back again, but I'm also 15lbs heavier than before at 165.

Bench - 205 5x5
Weighted dips - +100x6 followed by +80x8
Squat - 250 5x5
Deadlift - 350x5
Weighted chins - +80x6 followed by +60x8
Rows - 195 3x5

Last edited:
Been on a 5x5 program last month. 2 more weeks. Can't wait til I'm done. Increased weight every week. This week bench 210, squat 225, deadlifts 275. Next two weeks gonna kill me

Been on a 5x5 program last month. 2 more weeks. Can't wait til I'm done. Increased weight every week. This week bench 210, squat 225, deadlifts 275. Next two weeks gonna kill me

Damn your lifts are that close to each other?

You def got a lot more in the tank for squats and deads if you're benching that much.

Back
Top Bottom