STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

This got the juices flowing, especially seeing Neil Maddox hit that clean after stalling for a bit (1:07 mark). If you ever cleaned heavy you know that feeling...

I'll link/embed later.
Man we hit a clean + hang clean complex last week. My legs are still are feeling it. And i'm a believer in hook grip now. haha

Yo. What is the best way to battle muscle sorness. I mean I'm sore as ****. Just got back in the gym, been out over 6 months. Supplements, certain foods etc.

You always get super sore after an extended leave from the gym. Eventually that od soreness goes away.

The more conditioned your muscles are the faster it recovers.

But if you do find yourself extra sore, one of the best ways is to keep moving. Active rest is key. Sitting or lying down for extended periods just promotes lactic acid buildup.

For dude asking about wrist wraps/lifting straps, these cover both, copped these a while ago and have loved em since. Use them all the time, I know some people say thats bad because your grip relies on them, but I do stuff like farmer walks and plate holds to strengthen my grip. Only complaint is that the wrist part moves SLIGHTLY so I'll have to adjust every so often.

http://www.amazon.com/Harbinger-21700-No-Slip-Lifting-Straps/dp/B001JTDIEQ/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406135020&sr=8-3&keywords=harbinger+lifting+straps

These look good. I'm going to try them out

For dude asking about wrist wraps/lifting straps, these cover both, copped these a while ago and have loved em since. Use them all the time, I know some people say thats bad because your grip relies on them, but I do stuff like farmer walks and plate holds to strengthen my grip. Only complaint is that the wrist part moves SLIGHTLY so I'll have to adjust every so often.

http://www.amazon.com/Harbinger-21700-No-Slip-Lifting-Straps/dp/B001JTDIEQ/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406135020&sr=8-3&keywords=harbinger+lifting+straps

These look good. I'm going to try them out

Those are the Big Grip ones I was talking about. Regular straps pull on my wrists which hurts sometimes. With these, I've never had a problem except you can't really false grip it. The material on the outside is slippery compared to cotton.

Thanks. I did chest yesterday but my tri's are sore as hell. Chest is sore to but tri's are killing me. I'll do some light resistance band work to stretch them out.

I am an immortal being! My quads have been sore since Saturday from leg day. I was literally crawling the last four days. Waking up and having to slowly roll out of bed because my legs were incapacitated.

I was thinking twice about doing legs but was originally planning on hopping on the treadmill and warming up my legs so the soreness will temporarily go away and call it a day.

Did incline for 45 minutes and said F it. Hit squats, sumo squats, leg curls, weighted lunges on an inclined plane and dead lifts. Walking out that mug like a gimp. Went home and took a nap. When I woke up, I got up and jumped out of bed to use the bathroom. Now I'm sitting here on the toilet happy as **** that my legs work again :smokin

Last edited:
I am an immortal being! My quads have been sore since Saturday from leg day. I was literally crawling the last four days. Waking up and having to slowly roll out of bed because my legs were incapacitated.

I was thinking twice about doing legs but was originally planning on hopping on the treadmill and warming up my legs so the soreness will temporarily go away and call it a day.

Did incline for 45 minutes and said F it. Hit squats, sumo squats, leg curls, weighted lunges on an inclined plane and dead lifts. Walking out that mug like a gimp. Went home and took a nap. When I woke up, I got up and jumped out of bed to use the bathroom. Now I'm sitting here on the toilet happy as **** that my legs work again :smokin

:lol:, there's nothing immortal about this. The worst thing you can do for soreness is avoid working that area in any shape way or form.

This was Monday's strength work:

WL:

1) Clean & Jerk: 5X2@80%

2) Jerk from blocks: 5X1@100% of #1

Accessories:

1) Jerk Grip OHS: 5X2@80%

Strength:

1) BTN Push Press Clean Grip: 5X2@80%

2) Good Mornings: 3X5@80%

Then hit this MetCon:

3 Rounds
21 Deadlifts (185)
15 Pull Ups
9 Back Squats (185)

Looking forward to today:

WL:

1) Clean from blocks (just above knee): 5X2@80%

2) BTN Jerk from blocks (drop every rep): 5X2@80%

Accessories:

1) Power Clean: 3X2@80%

Strength:

1) Push Press: 3X3@80%

2) Bench Press: 3X3@80%

Followed by

25 Minutes EMOM
1st 10: 3 Cleans
2nd 10: 2 Front Squats
Last 5: 1 Thruster

Pretty sure I'm in snap city after trying to military press more than I could. I have a pain in my mid back when I lean back or forward. It's been 4 days since I last lifted. What should I do? I tried using Icy-Hot cream and iced a couple days and it didn't seem to help and taking some NSAID's like Advil. Should I just stretch and keep icing until it goes away? Can I still ride my bike and do light body weight exercises?

i use something similar to those:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IREYML4/?tag=niketalk0e-20

i like em bcus the straps arent super long

Okay. I'm torn between these two brands. Price's aren't too bad.. but the "dowel" on the Schiek wrap seems interesting for added support... what you guys think? :nerd:

Do you guys drink protein shakes on your off days? I've been kind of sporadic about it, trying to figure out if I should make it a daily thing. Trying to bulk up btw if that makes any difference.

Do you guys drink protein shakes on your off days? I've been kind of sporadic about it, trying to figure out if I should make it a daily thing. Trying to bulk up btw if that makes any difference.
just eat whatever you like to hit your protein macros... whole foods are always better.

if you want a little extra calories, its no harm.

Butt winking isn't always bad... Omar Isuf had a video about it...

Pretty much, for a low bar squat, you'll hut a depth where butt working is acceptable without necessarily being a break in form.

Back
Top Bottom