Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

My man you got played in the worst way by a thot, I'm not surprised you don't like women
Don't hit a man ≠ don't provoke a man

it depends on your definition of provoke.

: to cause the occurrence of (a feeling or action) : to make (something) happen

: to cause (a person or animal) to become angry, violent, etc.

if you put your hands on me, you've now probably caused me to become angry or violent.

and that's why Stephen A Smith apologized for using the word provoke because he understands that it can mean something other than a woman putting their hands on you.

My man you got played in the worst way by a thot, I'm not surprised you don't like women
Don't hit a man ≠ don't provoke a man

it depends on your definition of provoke.

: to cause the occurrence of (a feeling or action) : to make (something) happen

: to cause (a person or animal) to become angry, violent, etc.

if you put your hands on me, you've now probably caused me to become angry or violent.

and that's why Stephen A Smith apologized for using the word provoke because he understands that it can mean something other than a woman putting their hands on you.

It sounds like you fully get SAS's apology, leaving you with nothing to argue against in this thread.

but we know what he meant by "provoke". did he use a word that could be misinterpreted as something else? yes, yes he did.
but do we fully know what he meant? yes, we do.

you can't be a feminist and promote gender equality, but at the quickest argument, you wanna rumble with me and expect me to not hit you back.

Then take a domestic violence class or hang out with a battered man/woman and see how they react to certain things.

my mama was in an abusive relationship when i was a child, my uncle was about to murk dude out.

my mama called me today and said what SAS said was completely true and if a women has the idea that she should swing on a man, she should know that he's equally capable of hitting her back.

y'all cat's was putting the controller down when your boys picked Chun-Li in street fighter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

but we know what he meant by "provoke". did he use a word that could be misinterpreted as something else? yes, yes he did.

you can't be a feminist and promote gender equality, but at the quickest argument, you wanna rumble with me and expect me to not hit you back.
I don't think anyone here is making that argument.

Argument is that a woman can't provoke someone to hit her. Not that if she hits him first then don't expect to not to get hit.

The argument is did SAS need to apologize and the answer is yes ...

So this thread is now about the word "provoke"?

NT is Sesame Street now?

Well being that the apology was based on the word provoke, what would the thread be about? :rolleyes

It sounds like you fully get SAS's apology, leaving you with nothing to argue against in this thread.
Because it sounds like people don't fully get the apology if they think it has anything to do with a woman hitting a man. :nerd:

Ok we know what he meant, but a woman/man that got abused and their abuser said they provoked .. do they know what he meant?

Last edited:
Dudes and their double standards ... Please before you go taking action if your mother daughter sister etc get beat by a dude please do first ask them if she provoked them first.

Dudes and their double standards ... Please before you go taking action if your mother daughter sister etc get beat by a dude please do first ask them if she provoked them first.

he still gotta catch the fade. but afterwards, you have to tell your mother daughter sister that they should know better.

my boys can't even catch the fade in my presence. aint no fair ones round here.

This is why people should ask questions instead of hopping on Twitter and attacking somebody. And using that ugly rape comparison people like to use to push their point.

I would ask what happened. Just like I did with my sister, just like I did with my mom.

Rationality blud.

he still gotta catch the fade. but afterwards, you have to tell your mother daughter sister that they should know better.

But why if you are saying that a women can provoke a man into hitting her = justifiable beating?

But why if you are saying that a women can provoke a man into hitting her = justifiable beating?

That's the thing. It isn't justifiable.

But there ARE two sides to every story. And you gotta hear both sides.

Yeah...that's won't be happening You will always defend your family if they are right or wrong.

Outside of that...it's different.

If I'm out side of a bar. I see a young lady strike a man 3 or 4 times and he finally turns around and slaps her, what am I supposed to do? I saw her strike him and he struck her back.

Yeah...that's won't be happening You will always defend your family if they are right or wrong.

If I'm out side of a bar. I see a young lady strike a man 3 or 4 times and he finally turns around and slaps her, what am I supposed to do? I saw her strike him and he struck her back.

They are both wrong but what in saying is if you think a woman can provoke a man to hit her then went would you be mad at him for doing what you thought it was a just and possible out come?

They are both wrong but what in saying is if you think a woman can provoke a man to hit her then went would you be mad at him for doing what you thought it was a just and possible out come?

i've seen some chicks full out fight dudes and as soon as he bucks back. you got somebody running in about "that's a female." but it' all jokes and look at this soft ***** until he retaliates.

This threads still going.

Neither side is willing to move just a slight bit on their position and so much as even try and understand the other sides viewpoint and you got some of those, I'm 100% right and your 100% wrong niketalkers who have that stance on almost everything they post on.

He shouldn't have had to apologize though. If people want to think otherwise then fine but some people get offended way too easily.

Going back to the Michelle Beadle part, the way she handled this makes me question the sincerity of her outrage.

If a coworker who I have access to talk to directly said something which I felt was inappropriate or felt he was unaware of what he's saying, I could contact them directly, explain why I feel the way I do and keep it in house and give them some insight on what they said and it can be a learning expierence. Or I could neglect to do that altogether, air them out on twitter or Facebook (assuming I'm friends with or follow my coworkers and vice versa) Make my coworker look bad in the process because he said something I don't like, and potentially lose the trust of my other coworkers for airing grievances out like that and creating an akward work environment.

Regardless of how you feel about what Stephen A Smith said, it wasn't said with malicious intent. This was something she could've discussed behind closed doors and he probably would've been more open minded to hearing Beadles view on it had she went about it that way.

why can't both parties be wrong?

See now you're just saying words. You don't have anything really to say, but you just want to disagree and keep the debate going.

If yelling provokes me, my woman shouldn't be surprised if I lay the hands?

If you are someone that's prone to violence when someone yells at you, then no your woman shouldn't.

So the root of all this is basically what provokes someone to violence. What may push your buttons may not to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom