Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

Yeah...that's won't be happening You will always defend your family if they are right or wrong.

Outside of that...it's different.

If I'm out side of a bar. I see a young lady strike a man 3 or 4 times and he finally turns around and slaps her, what am I supposed to do? I saw her strike him and he struck her back.
see that's the difference .. She hit him that was just can he have handle that better ... Yes by walking away and calling cops but it is what it is .... However if you saw the woman causing a scene cursing at him taking about his family and then he turned around and smacked her .. Would you have done something?

what about me provoking her?
she doesn't have the right to hit you ... I'm not talking about you hitting a woman is wrong although it can be handled different what in saying is that a person can't provoke another person to hit them. You yourself make that choice ... Walk away and let them be by themselves.

"Oh he disagrees with me so he he must not like women or have resentment towards them" What a silly assumption to make.

Then to bring lakersman's situation with his ex into this thread which has nothing to do with the topic at hand is an unnecessary smug low blow.

Man, you do FAR more damage to a woman by walking away. Far more. If she can illicit an emotional response, she knows she has you. Walk away and chuckle...

This threads still going.

Neither side is willing to move just a slight bit on their position and so much as even try and understand the other sides viewpoint and you got some of those, I'm 100% right and your 100% wrong niketalkers who have that stance on almost everything they post on.

He shouldn't have had to apologize though. If people want to think otherwise then fine but some people get offended way too easily.

Going back to the Michelle Beadle part, the way she handled this makes me question the sincerity of her outrage.

If a coworker who I have access to talk to directly said something which I felt was inappropriate or felt he was unaware of what he's saying, I could contact them directly, explain why I feel the way I do and keep it in house and give them some insight on what they said and it can be a learning expierence. Or I could neglect to do that altogether, air them out on twitter or Facebook (assuming I'm friends with or follow my coworkers and vice versa) Make my coworker look bad in the process because he said something I don't like, and potentially lose the trust of my other coworkers for airing grievances out like that and creating an akward work environment.

Regardless of how you feel about what Stephen A Smith said, it wasn't said with malicious intent. This was something she could've discussed behind closed doors and he probably would've been more open minded to hearing Beadles view on it had she went about it that way.

Michelle Beadle is an idiot. She chose her target knowing that no one would truly question her intent because of the sensitivity of the subject and her being in an abusive relationship beforehand ,she felt as though she had enough merit to deem Stephen A. Smith's comment as wrong. She's now made it known that she is prone to speaking out the side of her head with bias.

Man, you do FAR more damage to a woman by walking away. Far more. If she can illicit an emotional response, she knows she has you. Walk away and chuckle...

Your right about that. If you can walk away, or laugh at her when shes acting reckless and irrational it will piss them off. Hell not even just with women, if a person is pissed at you flipping out and you don't get angry back, it just infuriates them more.

However not everyone got that levelheaded discipline and people know that and purposely try and get a reaction out of those who don't have the best self restraint which I'm not a fan of.

I see the point SAS was trying to make but not the best time to make this point when youre speaking on a video of an NFL RB dragging his unconscious wife out of an elevator. The fact that he said she may have provoked that is what's getting people nuts. Not the actual statement,

see that's the difference .. She hit him that was just can he have handle that better ... Yes by walking away and calling cops but it is what it is .... However if you saw the woman causing a scene cursing at him taking about his family and then he turned around and smacked her .. Would you have done something?

A woman hits a man, cool. A man hits a woman...he could've handled that better.

The double standard is disgusting honestly. But I'm a man so I'm in favor of it. I can marry as many woman as I want, woman can never be president, this is a man's world. :rolleyes

Men should never be deemed as sexist as long as the ideology of a woman putting hands on a man is acceptable

Michelle Beadle is an idiot. She chose her target knowing that no one would truly question her intent because of the sensitivity of the subject and her being in an abusive relationship beforehand ,she felt as though she had enough merit to deem Stephen A. Smith's comment as wrong. She's now made it known that she is prone to speaking out the side of her head with bias.
She's an idiot because she was a victim and when she hears that she shouldn't have provoked her man to beat her she relives the moment?

The logic ... Look in the mirror before you call someone an idiot.

The double standard is disgusting honestly. But I'm a man so I'm in favor of it. I can marry as many woman as I want, woman can never be president, this is a man's world. :rolleyes

Men should never be deemed as sexist as long as the ideology of a woman putting hands on a man is acceptable

What in the **** are you talking about? :lol:

A woman hits a man, he might be bruised maybe black eye if she's heavy handed.

A man hits a woman, her face is DONE FOR. Complete rearrangement. I dunno, maybe you're a soft puncher, but I'm just a regular dude and I'm fully aware that if I hit a woman she could end up far more seriously injured than if she hit me.

This thread is officially full of a bunch of dudes ON BOTH SIDES just typing to see their own words on screen. Ya'll are arguing for the sake of argument, and not to reach any enlightened conclusions.

Last edited:
I get that, but everyone's definition of the word provoke is different.

I really think this could've went about in a much different way had beadle just contacted him directly. Being that she was a former abuse victim, I'm sure Stephen A Smith would be sensitive and understanding to that. She would be the ideal person to explain that some people would take the word "provoke" certain way.

Rather then air him out publicly, she could've privately educated him on the word "provoke" and explain how those who've been in abusive relationships might take it a certain way. That would be way more productive in my eyes

A man hits a woman, her face is DONE FOR. Complete rearrangement. I dunno, maybe you're a soft puncher, but I'm just a regular dude and I'm fully aware that if I hit a woman she could end up far more seriously injured than if she hit me.

This thread is officially full of a bunch of dudes ON BOTH SIDES just typing to see their own words on screen. Ya'll are arguing for the sake of argument, and not to reach any enlightened conclusions.

Because Every man is bigger than every girl? :lol:

If you're try to make a point at least think it out

Then you call people idiot but can't comprehend what I said.

I never said of a woman hit a man is cool ..

I said if a woman hit a man and then he hits her back so let it be ... However before he she hits them back there are better ways to handle it instead of retaliation with violence . you are comical ...

The double standard is disgusting honestly. But I'm a man so I'm in favor of it. I can marry as many woman as I want, woman can never be president, this is a man's world. 
eyes.gif

What in the **** are you talking about? 
laugh.gif

And that's exactly why these chicks should know not to swing on a man...

She's an idiot because she was a victim and when she hears that she shouldn't have provoked her man to beat her she relives the moment?

I won't go as far as calling her an idiot, but you don't think she could've handled this better?

Its easier to say something reckless or unintentional off a potential poor choice of words then it is to think out and press send on a tweet let alone numerous tweets.

Do you think what Stephen A Smith said was malicious?

[QUOTE name="lamekilla" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/602004/stephen-a-smith-apologizes-about-domestic-violence-views/480#post_21245350[/URL]"]

The double standard is disgusting honestly. But I'm a man so I'm in favor of it. I can marry as many woman as I want, woman can never be president, this is a man's world. :rolleyes

What in the **** are you talking about? :lol:

[/quote]

That's why they do it. They know people and the law will side with them regardless.

The fact that you're assuming their is no woman that could rearrange your face if she laid hands on you is comical. But let's not get into a discussion over if a woman could beat up a man because we would be derailing an already convoluted thread. Let's just settle this with VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANSWER. EVER.

[QUOTE name="lamekilla" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/602004/stephen-a-smith-apologizes-about-domestic-violence-views/480#post_21245350[/URL]"]

The double standard is disgusting honestly. But I'm a man so I'm in favor of it. I can marry as many woman as I want, woman can never be president, this is a man's world. :rolleyes

What in the **** are you talking about? :lol:

[/quote]

This is true.

Chicks should know not to swing on a man, because that man can destroy her.

Dudes should know not to swing on a chick, because he can destroy her.

Funny how you'd focus on one word in which SAS already said was wrong and not EVERYTHING else he said for that 10-15mins. Throw all that out the window and pretend he already said nobody should out their hands in anyone, let's just act angry and some how throw in rape their too. :lol:
this.

That is true how people disregarded alot of other stuff he said and just looked at one word an vilified him.

If that word "provoke" really bothers some people though, Beadle should've pulled him to the side and educated him about it if that's the case though.

Again, most people are receptive and willing to hear you out, if you contact them privately, pull them to the side and discuss things one on one without publicly shaming them.

I won't go as far as calling her an idiot, but you don't think she could've handled this better?

Its easier to say something reckless or unintentional off a potential poor choice of words then it is to think out and press send on a tweet let alone numerous tweets.

Do you think what Stephen A Smith said was malicious?
I don't think he said it maliciously and that's why he apologized but being a TV personality that can reach millions of people what he says has different effects on people. Thus before he sits in a TV show and blame the victims of domestic violence by saying they shouldn't have provoked their attackers (broad statement) he should of have invested sometime in how to word it to just point out people male females should just keep their hands to themselves.

I do believe that he went a stepped further and blame some woman for talking screaming and pushing buttons ... Which is wrong .

That is true how people disregarded alot of other stuff he said and just looked at one word an vilified him.

If that word "provoke" really bothers some people though, Beadle should've pulled him to the side and educated him about it if that's the case though.

Again, most people are receptive and willing to hear you out, if you contact them privately, pull them to the side and discuss things one on one without publicly shaming them.
I thought we already agreed that she had an agenda in doing what she did

Then you call people idiot but can't comprehend what I said.

I never said of a woman hit a man is cool ..

I said if a woman hit a man and then he hits her back so let it be ... However before he she hits them back there are better ways to handle it instead of retaliation with violence . you are comical ...

Yes, Michelle Beadle is an idiot to assume that any woman who may have been hit by a man may not have (magic word) "provoked" or antagonized the assault. I don't know about her personal situation and sympathize with the fact that she had to go through a traumatic experience that no woman should go through but if you want to live in a world where all women do no wrong and label them as never ending victims that's an irrational thought process.

"Oh he disagrees with me so he he must not like women or have resentment towards them" What a silly assumption to make.

Then to bring lakersman's situation with his ex into this thread which has nothing to do with the topic at hand is an unnecessary smug low blow.

But my manhood being questioned, told I piss sitting down, emotional, beta, feminist aren't low blows all because I disagree? I hear you my g

But my manhood being questioned, told I piss sitting down, emotional, beta, feminist aren't low blows all because I disagree? I hear you my g

Where did I say it wasn't? For whatever reason you saying he's that way because his ex was a thot stood out to me because it seemed like you were trying to hit a spot with that one.

But those shots you mentioned at you were uncalled for also, but I do recall you calling other people emotional and ignorant in past threads when they didn't say anything slick to you initially though as well, so would you be in the wrong for that?

Back
Top Bottom