Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

Funny how you'd focus on one word in which SAS already said was wrong and not EVERYTHING else he said for that 10-15mins. Throw all that out the window and pretend he already said nobody should out their hands in anyone, let's just act angry and some how throw in rape their too. :lol:
this.

Soooo was the apology about his usage of words, or his 15 minute domestic violence segment? I thought he apologized for using the word provoke. If that's what the apology is based on, why would the focus be elsewhere?

I thought we already agreed that she had an agenda in doing what she did

Some people see it otherwise.

Ill say this though, had she made effort to contact him one on one initially to voice her opinion about that word and her being a former abuse victim speaking on it, and if he were to blow her off and disregard what she had to say, then she would have a reason to air him out.

But since she jumped the gun, I do feel she went about it the wrong way.

Soooo was the apology about his usage of words, or his 15 minute domestic violence segment? I thought he apologized for using the word provoke. If that's what the apology is based on, why would the focus be elsewhere?
LoL ... The notion of them understanding scare me.

But my manhood being questioned, told I piss sitting down, emotional, beta, feminist aren't low blows all because I disagree? I hear you my g

Where did I say it wasn't? For whatever reason you saying he's that way because his ex was a thot stood out to me because it seemed like you were trying to hit a spot with that one.

But those shots you mentioned at you were uncalled for also, but I do recall you calling other people emotional and ignorant in past threads when they didn't say anything slick to you initially though as well, so would you be in the wrong for that?

I would be wrong and I wouldn't feel any way if they responded back

:lol: it's a give and take I'm not complaining at all

He issued his state t because out what beadle said. Beadle only brought up the use of the word provoke. YES the apology was for the use of the word provoke.

But you'll argue against it anyway. Nothing new here.

For the record SAS has talked about domestic violence a number of times saying the same thing and only now has anyone said anything about it because of the word provoke.

LoL ... The notion of them understanding scare me.
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

You got it bro

So we teach our kids not to go out there and provoke anything to return a violent act, but we're offended by the same advice as adults?

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

You got it bro
Buahahhaha how lame are you that u try doing what I did to you earlier mm. Weak on my knees .. . in not 7 3

Last edited:
Buahahhaha how lame are you that u try doing what I did to you earlier mm. Weak on my knees .. .

What you did to me earlier? Read that as see if you fit the bill or not. Half of your responses are comprised if insults, the other filled with dancing around the topic but not saying anything definitive about it.

It's ironic that you'd call anyone a troll

Last edited:
He issued his state t because out what beadle said. Beadle only brought up the use of the word provoke. YES the apology was for the use of the word provoke.

But you'll argue against it anyway. Nothing new here.

For the record SAS has talked about domestic violence a number of times saying the same thing and only now has anyone said anything about it because of the word provoke.

So let's get this straight

SAS apologized for using the word provoke

You agree he used the wrong word

This thread's topic is about him apologizing for using the wrong word

So what are you arguing?

So we teach our kids not to go out there and provoke anything to return a violent act, but we're offended by the same advice as adults?

They ain't hearin you fam. In this thread woman can do no wrong.

A chick getting the hands laid on her because she yelled and in someone's mind that = provocation? Nah sorry I don't hear that

Expand on the context of this yelling, I haven't been following this thread.

A chick getting the hands laid on her because she yelled and in someone's mind that = provocation? Nah sorry I don't hear that

Because that's the only way someone is "provoked" right? You and the others bring up the worst case scenario to prove your point.

One yell and the girl gets knocked out

Every guy on earth is stronger than every girl

Domestic violence only happens to females

Your examples are extremes yet you argue other only use extremes.

Situations can work both ways. Both parties can be in the wrong. Both parties can contribute to the violence. In some cases the girl is the one bringing it on herself. In some cases the guy does.

This is real life

Last edited:

They ain't hearin you fam. In this thread woman can do no wrong.

Expand on the context of this yelling, I haven't been following this thread.

The whole problem with the verbiage he used is that he can be interpreted so many different ways. Saying you can't be surprised if someone hits you because you provoke them is the wrong thing to say. Who are we to determine what provoke means?

Because that's the only way someone is "provoked" right? You and the others bring up the worst case scenario to prove your point.

One yell and the girl gets knocked out

Every guy on earth is stronger than every girl

Domestic violence only happens to females

Your examples are extremes yet you argue other only use extremes.

This is real life
Saying yelling is provocative is extreme? Ok dude you got it

What you did to me earlier? Read that as see if you fit the bill or not. Half of your responses are comprised if insults, the other filled with dancing around the topic but not saying anything definitive about it.

It's ironic that you'd call anyone a troll
Stop it .. Your ASVAB was a 36 you think I take you seriously? Man please ...

How many guys in this thread have been hit by a woman? How many guys in here hit her back?

If a woman hits a man, she deserves whatever may happen after.

NO WOMAN DESERVES TO BE ABUSED.

Women have gotten to the point where they believe they can say and do whatever they please with no recourse. Women have to understand this. This is what I will teach my daughters, "if you start swinging on a man, you better hit and run because he may beat you"

No I don't believe in beating women. I believe there's a better way to resolve an issue rather than using your fists.

Last edited:
The whole problem with the verbiage he used is that he can be interpreted so many different ways. Saying you can't be surprised if someone hits you because you provoke them is the wrong thing to say. Who are we to determine what provoke means?
Saying yelling is provocative is extreme

? Ok dude you got it

It is when it's your ONLY example of why abuse happens.

It is when it's your ONLY example of why abuse happens.

It's not extreme to automatically assume everyone is suppose to think provoke means a woman hitting you? and be flabbergasted when someone interprets the word as something else

Like I said you got it, and I asked you a question. You agree he used the wrong word and the topic is him apologizing for using the wrong word. What are you arguing about?

The rape comparison made by Beadle and whoever brought it up in here is disgusting.

There are ZERO ways to provoke rape.

Provoke in the context of domestic abuse is up for interpretation and that's where Stephen A messed up.

It's not extreme to automatically assume everyone is suppose to think provoke means a woman hitting you? and be flabbergasted when someone interprets the word as something else

Like I said you got it, and I asked you a question. You agree he used the wrong word and the topic is him apologizing for using the wrong word. What are you arguing about?

Who said provoke only means hitting? Quote that. Provoke doesn't mean solely one or the other yet for some reason in here you have to assume it's whatever best fits your argument and only that.

That's what im discussing or "arguing".

What are you arguing about?

Last edited:

Who said provoke only means hitting? Quote that. Provoke doesn't mean solely one or the other yet for some reason in here you have to assume it's whatever best fits your argument

That's what we're discussing.

Again

It's not extreme to automatically assume everyone is suppose to think provoke means a woman hitting you?

Back
Top Bottom