Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

You basically said a woman can "provoke" a man to rape her because he got sexually aroused.  Trust and believe that no one is taking you seriously after such a comment.  There's no need for anyone to try and debate with you. 
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA your reading comprehension is atrocious .....

this is coming from a dude that doesn't even know what feminist mean!

BUAHAHAHHAHAHA pure joke here!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why you don't attempt to have a debate with feminists, especially male feminists. Just look at the statement above, they use irrational examples to try and win their argument. They are beyond idiotic and should be treated accordingly.
You do know the definition of a feminist is believing in equal rights for men and women right? EQUAL.
Sounds more like an equal rights advocate to me, but to answer your question I AM in favor of equal rights for men and woman.  Go Nats!!

Last edited:
If any of yall's mothers got raped yall wouldn't be using the word provoked.

I can't side with the, "provoked rape" card.

I will say this though, women sometimes leave the house is clothes that they have NO business wearing in public but that is a different story. :nerd: - The attire of prostitutes and regular girls (when going out) are SO blurred right now it isn't funny.

I do have boy that always says, "See that's how people get raped" whenever we see a woman dressed as though she is "working."
And if any of your mothers got abused I doubt you rocking with the she provoked him card.

You missed my point.

Is it just for equal RIGHTS?

Does it deal with equal punishments for crimes committed?

If a woman "rapes" a man, should she serve as much time as a man that "rapes" a woman?

Equal rights, opportunities - which leads to a bunch of different things.

Sentencing is a weird thing in America, there's no set, set standards. A white man could rape a black woman and get X amount of years. A black man could rape a white woman and get Y amount of years. It's stupid. But yes, if a woman rapes a man, she should serve as much time as a man. Same for a woman that molests a child. Or a man that rapes a man. It's all disgusting, life-ruining and dangerous stuff. Yes in a perfect world, feminism deals with equal punishments for crimes committed.

There's no feminist that will defend a female rapist.

And if any of your mothers got abused I doubt you rocking with the she provoked him card.
No, I can believe a woman can provoke a man to get hit. If she hits him, or she comes out of her mouth the wrong way, that is a provocation.

Getting hit and getting raped, not the same class. Same rules don't apply.

Sounds more like an equal rights advocate to me, but to answer your question I AM in favor of equal rights for men and woman.  Go Nats!!

Sounds like you're a feminist, you just didn't know the definition. Be proud, Deuce

I got hit by the same girl twice 
tired.gif

Last edited:
If any of yall's mothers got raped yall wouldn't be using the word provoked.

I can't side with the, "provoked rape" card.

I will say this though, women sometimes leave the house is clothes that they have NO business wearing in public but that is a different story.
nerd.gif
- The attire of prostitutes and regular girls (when going out) are SO blurred right now it isn't funny.

I do have boy that always says, "See that's how people get raped" whenever we see a woman dressed as though she is "working."
People don't understand the word provoke is different to people .. that's the entire argument .. dudes cant think is possible that a dude hits a woman by simply not liking what she said and state she provoked him the same way a dude would rape a woman because she dress a certain way and say she provoked him .....

extreme cases yes - PROVOKE is not a simple word to everyone ... to me I cant not see how can a man say she provoke me to rape her the same way I cant see a man say she provoke me into hitting her ... we aren't talking about she came at me with a knife or she hit me - we are just talking about provoke .. someone sees it one way and others see it differently - so once again .. was SAS said woman shouldn't provoke men = no he did not just say that because to me it meant something differently to the next dude!

No, I can believe a woman can provoke a man to get hit. If she hits him, or she comes out of her mouth the wrong way, that is a provocation.

-slaps forehead, do you know what abuse is?

Last edited:
I don't think anybody in this thread thinks rape is provoked.

Violence can be provoked.

It shouldn't be....but lets be real.

Some guys can get yelled at, slapped, hit and not do a thing.

Some guys have those same things happen and react.

No matter what that situation is provoked.

If I go up to another male and start yelling screaming and pushing him and he clocks me...I BROUGHT THAT ON. All I had to do was leave it alone.

I mean if its provoked, its provoked. Call em like I see em.

That doesn't mean there won't be repercussions though. Dudes thinking recognizing provocation means the situations gonna slide? Doesn't work like that. :lol:

Recognizing provocation does not equate to justifying the situation either.

you don't see it that way but you even admitted that your boy said it thus it is possible that some people think that a woman can provoke a man into rape ....

I understand you don't think that way and I don't think that way but you have to think others might - or is that not a true statement?????

its not about what we believe is about what others believe by the word PROVOKE!

i heard the apology this am on the podcast catching up

i really didnt like it and i dont think he should have done it 
mean.gif

Ray rice was the clear topic? Right, correct?

Stephen A says women shouldn't provoke? Referring the ray rice situation right? Which in this case you can interpret provoke as a woman hitting a man, etc their situation

Right? Not as if ray rice wasn't the topic right?

Though it may have been worded incorrectly I think everyone was smart enough to figure out what he was referring to, what he meant via the ray rice situation, where it's said she strict him first right?

It seems like there was one person in this situation who was a lot more wrong for her actions and not being professional as she should've been being his co worker. She definitely tried to twist everything he was saying it make it something it was not.

In the public eye at that. From someone on the same net work. Not like she's with another company.

Now, he used this provoke word in 2012 right? Where was the outrage then if it's really that serious?

It's crazy you can rationalize a chick talking as provocation to get hands put on her

Rationalize or not...it happens.

Nobody is saying its right. But it happens. Some guys can be yelled at and keep calm. Some can't. But that's real life.

Sounds like you're a feminist, you just didn't know the definition. Be proud, Deuce
I consider myself an equal rights advocate, as I consider you and a few others on here to be new aged feminist extremists.  Go Nats!!

Worded incorrectly or not...the reason why this blew up was because of the other woman bring rape into this.

Rape had nothing to do with it and folks ran with it.

Ray rice was the clear topic? Right, correct?

Stephen A says women shouldn't provoke? Referring the ray rice situation right? Which in this case you can interpret provoke as a woman hitting a man, etc their situation

Right? Not as if ray rice wasn't the topic right?

Though it may have been worded incorrectly I think everyone was smart enough to figure out what he was referring to, what he meant via the ray rice situation, where it's said she strict him first right?

It seems like there was one person in this situation who was a lot more wrong for her actions and not being professional as she should've been being his co worker. She definitely tried to twist everything he was saying it make it something it was not.

In the public eye at that. From someone on the same net work. Not like she's with another company.

Now, he used this provoke word in 2012 right? Where was the outrage then if it's really that serious?
Ummm no he was talking about Ray Rice, started talking about his family, and then summarize his entire thought using provocation

It's crazy you can rationalize a chick talking as provocation to get hands put on her
How is that crazy exactly? Because we were raised to NEVER do anything to hit a woman?

Now, I am NOT saying I would, so don't take this as me saying I would.

But I can EASILY see how a woman going off at the mouth to a dude being enough to motivate him to hit her. I can easily see that.

I consider myself an equal rights advocate, as I consider you and a few others on here to be new aged feminist extremists.  Go Nats!!
if you're for equal rights, you're a feminist champ, get over it.

Last edited:
You can say awful things to someone which results in violence. All it takes is something that cuts deep for someone to fly off the deep end.

@Keko Jones

Everything you have said about intepretation has been spot on over the last few pages. I get exactly what you mean. THere is no clear cut definition of provoke so you can't say what it is and what it isn't. I got you

Back
Top Bottom