Sucker Punch

Originally Posted by MrONegative

The extended edition of Sucker Punch is a DRASTICALLY better movie. If you saw the original...about 20 minutes in, you'll be mad about a lot of what the studio cut from the movie. This was fuxed with top to bottom.
To be honest, I heard there was an R-rated extended, so I was gonna just skip around, see what was new in and call it a day.
nerd.gif
grin.gif

And then I find they cut out almost all of the character, setting, theme and action intros. The music in the movie was so abrupt because they cut the start of most of the scenes. One scene in particular when that Queen remix starts blasting...it makes sense now. Literally almost every single important scene has the beginning and the character moments cut out and cut off.
indifferent.gif
How do you do that?

They cut out all of the allegory and the mystery. They killed this movie... I don't think you can really judge a film from the extended edition, cuz people paid money to see it in theaters. The only movie I ever really gave a bye to was Kingdom of Heaven (the extended kinda puts it in the same class as Gladiator)...but this movie is right there with it. Both movies are almost unwatchable in theaters, and so surprisingly solid in full.

I saw Sucker Punch for the first time a few weeks ago, but the entire movie felt new to me. Almost every scene has new meaning and weight to it. Like what if they put Kill Bill into chronological order and then cut about 1/4 of the movie?

They almost cut Vanessa Hudgens and Jamie Chung completely out of this film. The only character that isn't ruined by the studio cut is Carla Gugino's...and maybe Jena Malone's. That's it. They ruined ALL of the girls including Babydoll, they ruined the club owner, the doctor and even Babydoll's father.
30t6p3b.gif
This movie had a heart and a narrative and characters.

They cut all of the action scenes. There's a scene with Nazi robot zombies that was pretty random and blah in the original and pretty bad-@%+ (and full cast-, character- and film-defining) in the extended. They cut up the fire scene so badly that it doesn't even make sense. It's everything. The samurai trolls were supposed to introduce this other world and explain how all of it is gonna work. They erased all of it.
indifferent.gif
How do you do that?

The worst part of it all...the extended comes out to 2 hours and 7 minutes. That's it. This wasn't a 3 hour movie, they cut down to 2. This was a 2 hour movie they cut down to 1 and a half. Bridesmaids...was longer than Sucker Punch...extended.
30t6p3b.gif

tumblr_li20d1Wucx1qh0ahuo1_500.png

This movie is pretty awesome...I like it almost as much as I like Sin City. I can't believe a studio would ruin something like this, that only asked for 2 hours to tell its story. That's amazing to me. And nobody's gonna know. The film is already dead. You can't come back from what happened when it dropped...especially when even the biggest supporters and hypemen for it killed it too. (I was one of em...I genuinely love so many parts of Watchmen, even though it didn't work altogether) It's just a shame.

This would've been one of my favorite movies I saw in theaters all year. Sure some of my hype is because this went from the lowest expectations possible to this. And I mean...the movie is a little slow at times and they could've done a bit more with their themes (sometimes it's too subtle, others too blunt) (sometimes it's too subtle, others too blunt)...but it's solid. So solid. So disappointing what they did to it.
I've just been convinced. I'm watching this extended version someway, somehow

Just watched the extended cut of the movie. Didn't even bother watching the theatrical release and I must say it was a solid movie. I really liked it, the action scenes were a little too fast paced at times for my liking. There would be build ups in the fight scenes but babydoll would handle the boss so easily it just seem anticlimactic 
laugh.gif
 I would be thinking to myself like really she too them out like that??? But I thought the story was very well done.
 I don't even want to see how the studio butchered this movie, just to try and get more people in the seats. They thought with a shorter movie they would have more screenings which equals more money. But if the product sucks people aren't going to watch it, no matter how short you make it. 
30t6p3b.gif

Just watched the extended cut of the movie. Didn't even bother watching the theatrical release and I must say it was a solid movie. I really liked it, the action scenes were a little too fast paced at times for my liking. There would be build ups in the fight scenes but babydoll would handle the boss so easily it just seem anticlimactic 
laugh.gif
 I would be thinking to myself like really she too them out like that??? But I thought the story was very well done.
 I don't even want to see how the studio butchered this movie, just to try and get more people in the seats. They thought with a shorter movie they would have more screenings which equals more money. But if the product sucks people aren't going to watch it, no matter how short you make it. 
30t6p3b.gif

Well thank god I never seen it in the movies .. gonna cop the extended blu-ray version
pimp.gif

Well thank god I never seen it in the movies .. gonna cop the extended blu-ray version
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cornzilla

30t6p3b.gif

Seriously. The movie had to make like 150-200 mil to make money. It made 90.
They're not gonna give someone this type of chance again for a while. Making more shallow movies like the ones this is trying to rise above is safer.
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Seriously. The movie had to make like 150-200 mil to make money. It made 90.
They're not gonna give someone this type of chance again for a while. Making more shallow movies like the ones this is trying to rise above is safer.
30t6p3b.gif

I finally saw this on blu-ray and thought it was actually very good.  I recommend it

I finally saw this on blu-ray and thought it was actually very good.  I recommend it

digging the picture of movie. Copped the extended version on blu-ray and I thought it was entertaining.

digging the picture of movie. Copped the extended version on blu-ray and I thought it was entertaining.

dont wanna bring this back up again since everyone hates it and if you're gonna read it there's some type of spoiler

ok so I watched the bluray extended version yesterday and I thought it was pretty good
I was just wondering how some Nters that actually watched the movie interpreted it.

and I also had a question there was a scene where one of the girls lifted the helmet off of a solider
when they were trying to get the map. He later shows up in the end when sweet pea was getting on
the bus. Was he of some significance in this movie at all?

dont wanna bring this back up again since everyone hates it and if you're gonna read it there's some type of spoiler

ok so I watched the bluray extended version yesterday and I thought it was pretty good
I was just wondering how some Nters that actually watched the movie interpreted it.

and I also had a question there was a scene where one of the girls lifted the helmet off of a solider
when they were trying to get the map. He later shows up in the end when sweet pea was getting on

Originally Posted by theone218

Honestly I have no clue who the kid is. Maybe just a coincidence. 

Spoiler warning....
Ok I was just wondering what everyone thought. Everyone else in the movie had some role during the fantasy realm which made me think I was missing something about the boy soldier.
I saw this as each girl was a part of babydolls personality or whatever that she created in her mind because she went crazy after losing her mom, almost being raped, drugged up, and killed her sister and that's why she didn't say anything to the police or the insane asylum people that she was almost raped and she killed her sister when she tried to protect her.

When she would go into her dance trance

Amber always drove the vehicles 

blondie was always with the heavy machine guns 

rocket and sweet pea had the big sister/little sister relationship babydoll lost which also could be similar to a mother protecting daughter type relationship

Madam gortat was like the motherly figure that babydoll was missing and she was helpless when she was taken away by blue like she was helpless in real life when her mom died

All the evil men were projected because of how bad her step dad was and it just so happened that blue was taking advantage of all the girls too

The doctor and the lobotomy were her only escape from all the crazy stuff that happened and that was why in her fantasy he felt like the good guy to her

What I dont understand is and heres another spoiler..............

If all the events babydoll went through was real because they confirmed it at the end before/during her lobotomy without all the fantasy stuff (like starting a fire and helping sweetpea escape)

What really happened to Amber Rocket and Blondie? Were the girls even real to begin with? They were seen in the beginning right before the burlesque scene but they were in an insane asylum which means they were all crazy of some sort. Did sweet pea really escape or was it some other patient there?

And she mentioned that it wasn't babydolls story but it was sweet pea and sweet pea was being lobotomized during the beginning of the burlesque scene so was the whole movie sweet pea's dream?

and who was that commander/guardian angel/bus driver dude? 

I'm probably making this movie more than it should be but

movie had me on some inception type @##...
ohwell.gif

Spoiler warning....
Ok I was just wondering what everyone thought. Everyone else in the movie had some role during the fantasy realm which made me think I was missing something about the boy soldier.
I saw this as each girl was a part of babydolls personality or whatever that she created in her mind because she went crazy after losing her mom, almost being raped, drugged up, and killed her sister and that's why she didn't say anything to the police or the insane asylum people that she was almost raped and she killed her sister when she tried to protect her.

When she would go into her dance trance

Amber always drove the vehicles 

blondie was always with the heavy machine guns 

rocket and sweet pea had the big sister/little sister relationship babydoll lost which also could be similar to a mother protecting daughter type relationship

Madam gortat was like the motherly figure that babydoll was missing and she was helpless when she was taken away by blue like she was helpless in real life when her mom died

All the evil men were projected because of how bad her step dad was and it just so happened that blue was taking advantage of all the girls too

The doctor and the lobotomy were her only escape from all the crazy stuff that happened and that was why in her fantasy he felt like the good guy to her

What I dont understand is and heres another spoiler..............

If all the events babydoll went through was real because they confirmed it at the end before/during her lobotomy without all the fantasy stuff (like starting a fire and helping sweetpea escape)

What really happened to Amber Rocket and Blondie? Were the girls even real to begin with? They were seen in the beginning right before the burlesque scene but they were in an insane asylum which means they were all crazy of some sort. Did sweet pea really escape or was it some other patient there?

And she mentioned that it wasn't babydolls story but it was sweet pea and sweet pea was being lobotomized during the beginning of the burlesque scene so was the whole movie sweet pea's dream?

and who was that commander/guardian angel/bus driver dude? 

I'm probably making this movie more than it should be but

movie had me on some inception type @##...
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom