Sucker Punch

Originally Posted by AG 47

This is clearly a movie you either love or you hate. I didn't walk into the theater and expect excellence...I save those expectations for Nolan, Tarantino, and Scorcese films. But I was pretty
entertained.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This is exactly where i am. The movie was entertaining, i really liked the visuals, storyline (as much that was thrown in at once) does make sense and i liked it. The soundtrack was dope, fight scenes i liked. This isn't a movie that was gonna get an oscar or two. It's almost exactly what i expected, and i pretty much figured everyone would dump on it. I personally liked it.[/color]

Friends were dying to see this...Read online and this thread that it was terrible, gave them that Seinfeld GIF...Next time guys 
laugh.gif

Friends were dying to see this...Read online and this thread that it was terrible, gave them that Seinfeld GIF...Next time guys 
laugh.gif

This movie was terrible. Story was stupid. The women were hot but that is all. That is all.

This movie was terrible. Story was stupid. The women were hot but that is all. That is all.

Sucker Punch...first time.
mad.gif
When I heard that garbage cover of The Pixies, I was almost done (and that was 10 min in).

If they would've said this was from the director of Jennifer's Body, I'd be looking out for whatever else she was working on next, but this is Zach Snyder... Same dude who was a couple castings away from making Watchmen work?
30t6p3b.gif
Is he M. Night with special effects? And they gave him Superman?
tired.gif

I think he thinks he's Tarantino or Scorcese with his music choices. But they just sound random, forced and wrong.

It was more disappointing than I thought it'd be. I mean I heard about the bad dialogue and it being a really sexist failure at feminism, but...I thought the action would save it, at least make parts of it cool like Matrix Reloaded...nope. In Kill Bill that Crazy 88s fight was ridiculous, but they grounded it, gave it rules and made it real enough. Even Scott Pilgrim, found a common ground. There's nothing grounded here. It's just random abstract fights.
This...really badly wants to be a bad-@$! Pan's Labyrinth, where the line between what's real and imagined keep you guessing until the end. Don't watch this, watch that instead, because the real world with the Spanish Civil War and the fantasy with that dark fairytale both work. Nothing in this does and even the cg stuff, looks well done, but boring. There's a scene where people are crying and you won't understand why no one can act, except Carla Gugino.

Funny thing...the last 10 minutes are real good. It's like Smokin Aces, where they're a great way of ending a different and better movie you didn't just see. They hurt, because for the first time in the movie, you can imagine what a good Sucker Punch could've been.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whiterails

[h1]The 9 Most Scathing Critical Responses to Sucker Punch[/h1]7. “Sucker Punch is a scorched-earth PG-13 epic, making any possible return to these heights of excess utterly distasteful to financiers and visionaries alike, while failing every opportunity to deliver the sexy, bloody payload promised by the film’s very existence: girls in fetish outfits, kicking @+# and taking names.

Sucker Punch...first time.
mad.gif
When I heard that garbage cover of The Pixies, I was almost done (and that was 10 min in).

If they would've said this was from the director of Jennifer's Body, I'd be looking out for whatever else she was working on next, but this is Zach Snyder... Same dude who was a couple castings away from making Watchmen work?
30t6p3b.gif
Is he M. Night with special effects? And they gave him Superman?
tired.gif

I think he thinks he's Tarantino or Scorcese with his music choices. But they just sound random, forced and wrong.

It was more disappointing than I thought it'd be. I mean I heard about the bad dialogue and it being a really sexist failure at feminism, but...I thought the action would save it, at least make parts of it cool like Matrix Reloaded...nope. In Kill Bill that Crazy 88s fight was ridiculous, but they grounded it, gave it rules and made it real enough. Even Scott Pilgrim, found a common ground. There's nothing grounded here. It's just random abstract fights.
This...really badly wants to be a bad-@$! Pan's Labyrinth, where the line between what's real and imagined keep you guessing until the end. Don't watch this, watch that instead, because the real world with the Spanish Civil War and the fantasy with that dark fairytale both work. Nothing in this does and even the cg stuff, looks well done, but boring. There's a scene where people are crying and you won't understand why no one can act, except Carla Gugino.

Funny thing...the last 10 minutes are real good. It's like Smokin Aces, where they're a great way of ending a different and better movie you didn't just see. They hurt, because for the first time in the movie, you can imagine what a good Sucker Punch could've been.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by whiterails

[h1]The 9 Most Scathing Critical Responses to Sucker Punch[/h1]7. “Sucker Punch is a scorched-earth PG-13 epic, making any possible return to these heights of excess utterly distasteful to financiers and visionaries alike, while failing every opportunity to deliver the sexy, bloody payload promised by the film’s very existence: girls in fetish outfits, kicking @+# and taking names.

Yeah the movie was whackkkk.

The the women & action scenes were above average. What the heck happened to the girl in the end. Jus' starin' into blank space.

Yeah the movie was whackkkk.

The the women & action scenes were above average. What the heck happened to the girl in the end. Jus' starin' into blank space.

Originally Posted by RFX45

When does this come out on BluRay so I can download it?
seems to be out already
nerd.gif
  I'm about to check it out tomm although I'm starting to doubt I should even waste my time.

seems to be out already
nerd.gif
  I'm about to check it out tomm although I'm starting to doubt I should even waste my time.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

seems to be out already
nerd.gif
This. 

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

seems to be out already
nerd.gif
This. 

I thought the movie was pretty good and left a lot of room for different interpretations. Seeing the interview with the director, Im not sure if it was intentional haha. Aweswome that someone else thought about pans labyrinth.

I thought the movie was pretty good and left a lot of room for different interpretations. Seeing the interview with the director, Im not sure if it was intentional haha. Aweswome that someone else thought about pans labyrinth.

I honestly tried to sit down and watch it but it's so bad and boring it shortens your attention span.

The transitioning of attaining the things on the list were so bad especially since the catalyst was her mesmerizing onlookers with her dancing that I just stopped watching when it went in to that war setting.

I honestly tried to sit down and watch it but it's so bad and boring it shortens your attention span.

The transitioning of attaining the things on the list were so bad especially since the catalyst was her mesmerizing onlookers with her dancing that I just stopped watching when it went in to that war setting.

Two quick questions for anyone who still remotely cares about this film:

Is it worst than The Spirit?
Should I even bother watching the Blu Ray extended version?

Spoiler [+]
14853272532587369.jpg

Two quick questions for anyone who still remotely cares about this film:

Is it worst than The Spirit?
Should I even bother watching the Blu Ray extended version?

Spoiler [+]
14853272532587369.jpg

Back
Top Bottom