Switching barbers in the same shop?

I just let my barber know if I'm going to another dude when he is there. Just a sign of respect.

If you don't have the OG barber's # in your contacts, then you're good fam....

I wouldn't sweat it.

*OT, there was a barbershop across from St. John's when I went called Headquarters. One of the barbers, named Mouse, was the most unsanitary dude I've ever seen cut hair in my life. He smelled like a trash can and one day, I saw him eating tasty cake powdered donuts...licking his fingers, then putting his hand on the head of the person while using the clippers... :x

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] bruh

Been going to the same guy to cut my hair for the past 10 years.

Recently made a switch since I moved and the commute back to the barber doesn't seem worth it.

Was nervous as hell when I went to the new guy..but he does a pretty solid job. Not to mention it's $5 cheaper :smokin

My barber wears those black gloves and he switches them with every client.
According to the lil "macho gangsta real man barbershop" crowd here your barber is "mad germaphobic B" 

Nothing wrong with an Edward Doo Doo hands type barber cutting your hair ....it gives the fresh cut more character
laugh.gif

If your barber aint handling twinkle dookie and  washing his hands before he cut your hair....you mad soft B..word is bond dun!
roll.gif

Last edited:
Curious to if dude is black. In my 25 years, I've never seen a barber wash his hands between cuts.
I'm in LA. My barber is black. He washes his hands after EVERY cut AND he wears gloves. I thought it was odd at first but I'm glad he does it. 
laugh.gif

Ive never been to a barber in the NYC area that washes their hands between every cut. No one does that b.
laugh.gif
My entire life I've never seen a barber wash his hand after cuts until I started going to my current barber of 4 years.

You good op since you only went to the shop once, all your doing is playing musical chairs to find the best barber for your money

I stopped going to my old barber 3 years ago cause he went up on the price for the same cut i always get, the new barber i go to

accepts appointements and cut hair better so it was a necessary decision between me and my money

Curious to if dude is black. In my 25 years, I've never seen a barber wash his hands between cuts.

I'm in LA. My barber is black. He washes his hands after EVERY cut AND he wears gloves. I thought it was odd at first but I'm glad he does it. :lol:

Ive never been to a barber in the NYC area that washes their hands between every cut. No one does that b. :lol:

My entire life I've never seen a barber wash his hand after cuts until I started going to my current barber of 4 years.

U have nice hair fam

Saw u at da summit

I've switched a few times. That **** is kind of awkward but oh well. It's not personal, just want my **** right.

It's very awkward switching barbers. At my shop, 1 guy does appointments only and the other guy does walk-ins only. I have too hectic of a schedule to set up an appointment weeks out so I ALWAYS go to the walk in guy, for years. One time I had an important event planned months out and I knew I would have time freed up so I went ahead and scheduled something with appointment guy. Sat down in the shop, walk-in guys chair opened up, "what will it be fam?" told him sorry I already made an appointment, walked past him into the other dude's chair., felt that cold hurt/saltiness creep over his face as I walked past. He just sat there all upset while I got my cut while doing the weebay gif

View media item 1511588

Last edited:
Nothing beats the feeling of just sitting in the chair and your barber knows your cut and you don't have to say a word, I don't even look in the mirror anymore my guy alway gets me right (||)

Yessir...**** is routine now. Good feeling

It's very awkward switching barbers. At my shop, 1 guy does appointments only and the other guy does walk-ins only. I have too hectic of a schedule to set up an appointment weeks out so I ALWAYS go to the walk in guy, for years. One time I had an important event planned months out and I knew I would have time freed up so I went ahead and scheduled something with appointment guy. Sat down in the shop, walk-in guys chair opened up, "walk will it be fam?" told him sorry I already made an appointment, walked past him into the other dude's chair., felt that cold hurt/saltiness creep over his face as I walked past. He just sat there all upset while I got my cut while doing the weebay gif
Lol.... Have you used the other walk in guy since then? Even though I went to the other guy once I still kind of feel messed up for some reason changing already, but really I didn't pick him, he just had a open chair for the time I needed. Hop he forgot my face by now.. lol.. its been 2 weeks

So you fools mean to tell me you let your barber put his nasty hands on your head and face after he done cut some dandruffed clients head with the clippers hes touching and swapping out blade heads with?????

Lemme guess yall also getting straight razor shaves from them too????

:lol:
Be careful.
One of these days, you might just offend the wrong barber..
He gone look at you with the

View media item 1511671
Face.
And reply with the "I got you, don't worry".. :evil:

Last edited:
It's very awkward switching barbers. At my shop, 1 guy does appointments only and the other guy does walk-ins only. I have too hectic of a schedule to set up an appointment weeks out so I ALWAYS go to the walk in guy, for years. One time I had an important event planned months out and I knew I would have time freed up so I went ahead and scheduled something with appointment guy. Sat down in the shop, walk-in guys chair opened up, "what will it be fam?" told him sorry I already made an appointment, walked past him into the other dude's chair., felt that cold hurt/saltiness creep over his face as I walked past. He just sat there all upset while I got my cut while doing the weebay gif

View media item 1511588
Fam, you chose his best friend over him and cheated right in front of him lol. Dude was probably thinking about you all day wondering what he did wrong to lose you.

It's awkward but it passes with time.

I swear the relationship black people have with their hairdressers/barbers is unequivocal in any other racial group.

Nothing beats the feeling of just sitting in the chair and your barber knows your cut and you don't have to say a word, I don't even look in the mirror anymore my guy alway gets me right (||)

Yessir...**** is routine now. Good feeling

Been with my barber since 08. Knows exactly what I want, I know the cut will be perfect, and he gets me right into the chair. Son... I will never cheat.

Great post, this has been a nightmare of mine. Luckily never had to switch up. But that feeling of your barber knowing your cut is lovely.

and I love pulling this jerk move...I'm sitting there with an appointment (om next), and he's finishing up with a cut. There's some random dude in there sitting all close to my barber, paying attention to where he's at with the cut. As the cut is finishing up and dude is getting brushed off and the cape comes off, random Dude starts getting ready to get up and get in the chair. I purposely remain seated to let it unfold. Random walks up to the chair thinking he's next, then my,barber like "oh nah I got an appointment ahead of you" and then he points to me and I slowly walk ulcer there with the HEAVY lean...swaggin on the cornball *** dude. He lookin like wtf. Yeah bro....u mad. Lol

And the guy that's cutting my hair tomorrow is actually a celebrity barber. He's on his IG giving snoop dog a lineup.. Who wouldn't want to say they get their haircut by a celebrity barber. The first guy who cut me is good but not well known.
How does it taste?

Back
Top Bottom