System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

not liking the new ones so i'm gonna stick with last years model since they going for 30 a pair. just picked up the blue florida joints and the black washington huskie shorts

went in on the deal! got the black dukes, black oregon and red arizona joints... all 29! and i got the dri fit bball practice shirts for all 3 schools, and some arizona colored elites and the breast cancer pink elites too! cant wait! :smile:

Finally picked up my new Gtown shorts. I'm pleased very please with them. Didn't think I would like the white pair that much but the contrast in colors makes them look pretty sweet. Wish they still used the old version of the dri-fit, however, it does feel less silky than last year's black Gtown shorts.

Whats funny is I didn't realize how small last year's black Gtown shorts were until I took the comparions pic. All this time I thought I had a gained a couple pounds. :smh:

Pics below show comparison between last year's black Gtown, this year's white Gtown, and grey Gtown from 2 years ago. Quite a difference in sizing. FYI- All three of sz L.

Last edited:
Does anyone ever wonder or care why Nike never takes small market teams like Nevada, Army, Montana, Montana State, and Wyoming and produce authentic game shorts locally for their schools.  At least in the bookstores or campus apparel stores near campus.  This has always vexed me since why sponsor these teams if you can't make a little extra money off of them.  That and as a fan of these schools it's such a pain to try and hunt these shorts down.

You can get lucky and find some on ebay. If you know the right people, that definitely helps. Just have to ask around

The price of team issued stuff has come down substantially in the last 3-4 years since Nike moved to SOD and then HE.  You can get most pairs for under $150.  Some for under $100.

A few years back anything worth a damn from a top flight school was $250-$300.

Finally picked up my new Gtown shorts. I'm pleased very please with them. Didn't think I would like the white pair that much but the contrast in colors makes them look pretty sweet. Wish they still used the old version of the dri-fit, however, it does feel less silky than last year's black Gtown shorts.
Whats funny is I didn't realize how small last year's black Gtown shorts were until I took the comparions pic. All this time I thought I had a gained a couple pounds. :smh:
Pics below show comparison between last year's black Gtown, this year's white Gtown, and grey Gtown from 2 years ago. Quite a difference in sizing. FYI- All three of sz L.

so the sizing went back up to before the hyperelites? I used to wear L before the hyperelites, but had to get XL in them. Would you mind measuring the length of the new ones? Much appreciated

The price of team issued stuff has come down substantially in the last 3-4 years since Nike moved to SOD and then HE.  You can get most pairs for under $150.  Some for under $100.

A few years back anything worth a damn from a top flight school was $250-$300.

absolutely agree on all points.

if i didn't have a hook up, from time to time i would easily pay $300. i have some of the Jordan Cincinnati Bearcats shorts that i paid even more than that.

the newer shorts just don't feel as nice.

I enjoyed these when i had them, had to let them go, they were too small.

You can tell compared to my other pair.

Last edited:
The blacks are beautiful in person.

They make a great addition to the immediate family.

Last edited:
Ok, we are a couple of months into the new style ( thin material, pockets, screened graphics, higher prices ) - is it safe to say that Nike really killed this market? Besides the pics of the new Georgetown shorts and andfattoo's game worn shorts, this thread is dead. No pics, no new pick ups - nothing.
Personally I was good to pick up 4-5 (or more) pairs each season, but this year not one. Saw a lot of schools at Campus Colors in Chi-town and was disappointed in them all.

Ok, we are a couple of months into the new style ( thin material, pockets, screened graphics, higher prices ) - is it safe to say that Nike really killed this market? Besides the pics of the new Georgetown shorts and andfattoo's game worn shorts, this thread is dead. No pics, no new pick ups - nothing.
Personally I was good to pick up 4-5 (or more) pairs each season, but this year not one. Saw a lot of schools at Campus Colors in Chi-town and was disappointed in them all.

In a nutshell...they suck. Too thin, too long, pockets, overpriced.

Does anyone ever wonder or care why Nike never takes small market teams like Nevada, Army, Montana, Montana State, and Wyoming and produce authentic game shorts locally for their schools.  At least in the bookstores or campus apparel stores near campus.  This has always vexed me since why sponsor these teams if you can't make a little extra money off of them.  That and as a fan of these schools it's such a pain to try and hunt these shorts down.

there's really not much mystery behind it. college licensing is very expensive with little return.

Nike scaled back the number of smaller teams it sponsors and along with that limited the available gear for the small schools.

i know it's not the answer you want, but it's the reality of the business.

And there are only three user reviews on Eastbay.  No one is buying these things and rightfully so.  Also interesting is that the usual eBay vendors aren't selling these shorts this year.  That's got to be a sign...

I doubt Nike will bother changing things up for something that presumably sells as little as college game shorts but who knows.  I'll pick up any new UConn shorts in the future but besides that I'm probably done unless Nike changes things up for the better which I doubt they will do.  I don't know where else they can go from here - they're now using the lightest/thinnest material they've ever used.  Are we going to be balling in wrestling unitards in 2-3 years?

Last edited:
Its a shame that the market for these are in trouble, but all we can do is wait now. I will continue to hunt down class team issued stuff regardless. I'm still on the hunt for these.....any help??

it really is depressing. like many of you, im a huge college apparel fanatic and nike has really dropped the ball the past few years. i came around to the lighter material a few years ago but the special uniforms from last year and the olympic shorts were just terrible and cheap. on the other hand, nike is saving me a ton of cash.

i wish we could go back to the heavy mesh, dri fit years.

it really is depressing. like many of you, im a huge college apparel fanatic and nike has really dropped the ball the past few years. i came around to the lighter material a few years ago but the special uniforms from last year and the olympic shorts were just terrible and cheap. on the other hand, nike is saving me a ton of cash.

i wish we could go back to the heavy mesh, dri fit years.

Agreed. Makes me wonder what's next in uniform technology...this stuff can't get much lighter or thinner.

Not related to any team shorts, but the last time I was at Foot Locker, I saw some regular Hyper Elite shorts in a rather unusual light mint green color. Has anyone seen these? I can't find them anywhere online, unless they are exclusive to HOH. Actually thought about getting a pair just for lounging around the house. That color really caught my eye.

Back
Top Bottom