System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

They could have at least ironed the uniforms for the player photo shoots. They look like they were balled up in a hamper before they put them on.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

they probably cant, an iron might melt the material.

Story from NCAA tournament last year... We were told to iron on the NCAA patch, not a great idea. It melted through to the mesh on the inside. Good thing we tried it on a player that never got in haha. BTW the NCAA patch is basically a thick sticker with fabric tape on the back

Wait, isn't that Skywalker in the Cuse jersey, the dude who jumped over the Civic and dunked?

And that material does look terrible, but like he said maybe it's just the wrinkles. To iron materials like this, you put a tshirt over it and iron the tshirt with it underneath.

Question: how do I get my hands on some team issued shorts other than robbing a locker room and what the diff quality wise of team issued vs woven vs twill? Hope this does with no flaming. Oh, and Uconn rocked the new platinum uni in the loss to notre dame...iffy at best, think I need to see in person.

Originally Posted by verbatim2d

Question: how do I get my hands on some team issued shorts other than robbing a locker room and what the diff quality wise of team issued vs woven vs twill? Hope this does with no flaming. Oh, and Uconn rocked the new platinum uni in the loss to notre dame...iffy at best, think I need to see in person.

you arent going to get flamed but what do you mean by woven........ like mesh or the new hyper elite material?  but the team issued shorts have rubberized waistband that prevents your shorts from sliding down.  Twill actually are thicker in the front half of the shorts (twills have a double layer of material and the team issue only has one layer which I have grown to like better) but the back half is the same (that thinner micro-mesh material).  Team issued drawstrings are pre-made unlike the twills where you have to pull out the string out of the little hole and cut it in half to have a normal drawstring.  Some of the logo placement on the twills arent the same as the team issued (i.e. Zona's first S.O.D.) too.  Personally, like i said before, i like team issued better since they are tailored towards the athletic build as opposed to the average build and they come in various sizing.  I like my shorts on the longer side and not your average height so XXLs barely fit me the way i wanted.  Team issued is a lil wider around the legs even if the waist is small (width varies depending style/team)..  I also like the way team issued shorts flow when you move too.  Now on acquiring team issued shorts all depends on who you know and how lucky you get on ebay
grin.gif
.  Hope this helps.  Excuse the typos if any, i didnt feel like proofreading.

^ no need to proofread, im just thankful someone answered without an attitude. I looked in on this thread when it started and just came back. I asked woven because I see in descriptions on some websites that "these are woven " yep, not accurate. I started doing research and damn people are selling team issued shorts for foamposite prices!. Think for now I'll start on eastbay and elsewhere to find them, especially those black gtowns and Miami

For the most part team-issued shorts have come down in price a lot the last two years.  I don't know if it's the SOD & HE style or that the economy is in the ****ter or what.  
I picked up all three colorways of UConn SODs on eBay for less than $300 total last year (the home whites I got for $63 shipped, ridiculous).  The old style they wore before 2007 was basically close to $250-$300 per pair.

Thanks for the heads up, interesting that they don't have all the styles though.  I don't think anyone will be picking these up for $80, hopefully the usual suspects on eBay have them for $30-40 in a few weeks.

i didn't know where else to ask this...

what is the difference between authentic and swingman nba shorts? where is the best place to find these shorts? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom