talking to an ex and...

Y'all are off base. Picking up and having a normal carefree convo is moving on and not giving a damn. Of course he cares, but not like he used to and her actions have no effect on his being. Ignoring her call means her words and outcome still matter. And How else was he supposed to convey it to y'all, yell at the screen?

In my relationship experiences, I've found that I genuinely know I've gotten over a woman when I feel more than just indifferent about her... But from the bottom of my heart, only hope that they fill their lives with the people and experiences that will truly make them happy. I try not to look at failed relationships as mistakes because a primary reason relationships become such in the first place is because two people agree to be mutually vulnerable with one another, open up to judgement and present themselves in the most exposed of ways. I could only ask that whatever comes of the relationship, good or bad, this woman would always root for me in life the way I would for her. Jaded hearts are only heavier to carry and to turn cupid's arrow into a splinter only means the pain cuts deeper .

In relationships, you can ALWAYS choose to see the glass as half-full, you can always come out of each and ever relationship a better person you were before the relationship. Doesn't matter if the glass is full of true love, good sex and genuine compatibility or the blood of a thousand rattle snakes, IMO you can always flip those experiences in your favor.

I want to be my best self in each relationship I dive into, I want to wish good vibes on the women who've helped shape me to this point and it damn sure feels nice knowing some of those exes have reciprocated those good vibes back towards me. Indifferent and spiteful exes are unavoidable, but man I can't tell you how nice it is knowing some of your exes are back in the rafters still rooting for you to be your best happy self you can possibly be. Hearing " I'm happy for you" in the most genuine of ways is one of the most under-appreciated things someone you truly care about can say to you.

My late night 2 cents :lol:

Y'all are off base. Picking up and having a normal carefree convo is moving on and not giving a damn. Of course he cares, but not like he used to and her actions have no effect on his being. Ignoring her call means her words and outcome still matter. And How else was he supposed to convey it to y'all, yell at the screen?

I kinda agree with you but I can't imagine having a 1 hour phone call with any of my exes, even with my ex who I'm still friends with and who puts me on her female friends.

I totally got what Ricky was saying, the only part that was strange was the length of the convo

its so crazy when you talk to an ex so srs time flies like crazy you could talk to her for an hr and it would feel like 10-20mins

Every female I have ever took serious has hit me up this week....2 in Cali and one in DC. DC was the most serious, almost married this girl. We haven't spoke in 2 years. She hits me up saying she was in town this past weekend and wanted to caught up(I was outta town). Then Tuesday she sent a link to The Weeknd new song to my work email ...mad random. So being sarcastic I hit her with "be honest, you miss me." I know it would make her uncomfortable bc she has a hard time expressing affection. One of the reasons for our breakup. She response back around 1130 am with "do I have a gf." I asked "why you asking." She didn't response back the rest of the day. So this morning I text, "I must've said something you didn't want to hear yesterday." Meand this lady have major history, we basically raised each other when it comes to love and relationship. Been together off/on since the age of 17 damn near 30. Im currently dating somebody and its great, this new chick is amazing. Not gonna lie, I miss my ex still and want to establish a relationship of when she comes in town or im in DC to see fam and friends if we are open we can kick it and smash. She's not that type of girl, she gonna want some strings, and im not ready to go back into that situation with her again.

torn man, im trying to do good with this new girl but this new girl will never take my ex place. I don't think no female ever will. Plus my ex...shes a flat out stunner, shes crazy in the looks department.

Last edited:
In my relationship experiences, I've found that I genuinely know I've gotten over a woman when I feel more than just indifferent about her... But from the bottom of my heart, only hope that they fill their lives with the people and experiences that will truly make them happy. I try not to look at failed relationships as mistakes because a primary reason relationships become such in the first place is because two people agree to be mutually vulnerable with one another, open up to judgement and present themselves in the most exposed of ways. I could only ask that whatever comes of the relationship, good or bad, this woman would always root for me in life the way I would for her. Jaded hearts are only heavier to carry and to turn cupid's arrow into a splinter only means the pain cuts deeper .

In relationships, you can ALWAYS choose to see the glass as half-full, you can always come out of each and ever relationship a better person you were before the relationship. Doesn't matter if the glass is full of true love, good sex and genuine compatibility or the blood of a thousand rattle snakes, IMO you can always flip those experiences in your favor.

I want to be my best self in each relationship I dive into, I want to wish good vibes on the women who've helped shape me to this point and it damn sure feels nice knowing some of those exes have reciprocated those good vibes back towards me. Indifferent and spiteful exes are unavoidable, but man I can't tell you how nice it is knowing some of your exes are back in the rafters still rooting for you to be your best happy self you can possibly be. Hearing " I'm happy for you" in the most genuine of ways is one of the most under-appreciated things someone you truly care about can say to you.

My late night 2 cents :lol:

View media item 1093069
Needed to read something like this in the worst way man. Good stuff :pimp: .

what you aspiring to be?

:nerd:

Quality post though :pimp:
getting my MS in Finance next month...

I want to go into banking, and eventually private equity and Consulting... I want to stimulate the black community in Finance...

Im also Trying to bring more black men into Finance, so I want to start a program called BMF (Black Men in finance)...

I think most of the issues of any community stems from lack of economic knowledge... I want to spread that knowledge to my people...

Brah, I been saying this for a while. I don't have the background to help and inspire the way I want to though

Talking to an ex for an hour doesn't strike me as "not giving a damn" about them. 

+ making a thread about them
Of course it would be you two with these type of responses.

Especially hll... Dude always comes in to be that guy...

Ex girlfriend called... I was avoiding her calls like a punk...

But if I can't control my emotions enough for a damb phone call,.. Then im losing

@youngdoc: I was sitting in my office late night... Didn't have much to do...

Plus, I been knowing her since I was 9... I'll be 25 next month...

I got off the phone surprised at the time... But it was natural conversation...

We're talkative people so that was easy...

Last edited:
Brah, I been saying this for a while. I don't have the background to help and inspire the way I want to though
all you have to do is learn first bro... I'm learning a lot in school...

But I think school just sets the baseline... I learn so much at work, and just having conversations with smart people...

Try to talk with smart people as much as possible and it will help you out tremendously..
When it comes to helping the people... You have to understand that not everyone will want help...

Just gotta chalk them up as lost causes...

But if you help one person become more financially aware, you've done more than many others

all you have to do is learn first bro... I'm learning a lot in school...

But I think school just sets the baseline... I learn so much at work, and just having conversations with smart people...

Try to talk with smart people as much as possible and it will help you out tremendously..
When it comes to helping the people... You have to understand that not everyone will want help...

Just gotta chalk them up as lost causes...

But if you help one person become more financially aware, you've done more than many others

Yea I've been learning on my own to teach myself how to invest and build financially for my family and my future. What I learn I pass it on. They need to teach financial literacy in schools .

Last edited:
Yea I've been learning on my own to reach myself how to invest and build financially for my family and my future. What I learn I pass it on. They need to teach financial literacy in schools .
naw... Dumb spenders make the economy crank.

They're never going to do that because people would realize how bad we're being screwed while the government, charities, and elite reap the benefits

But if I can't control my emotions enough for a damb phone call,.. Then im losing

:lol: I'm just joking man boredom gets the best of me on late night shifts

I know I'm over my ex when we converse and the convo is boring AF, got me thinking wth we use to talk about before? nothing in common

Yea I've been learning on my own to reach myself how to invest and build financially for my family and my future. What I learn I pass it on. They need to teach financial literacy in schools .
naw... Dumb spenders make the economy crank.

They're never going to do that because people would realize how bad we're being screwed while the government, charities, and elite reap the benefits

Truth. Gotta keep em in the rat race

what you aspiring to be?

nerd.gif

Quality post though
pimp.gif
getting my MS in Finance next month...

I want to go into banking, and eventually private equity and Consulting... I want to stimulate the black community in Finance...

Im also Trying to bring more black men into Finance, so I want to start a program called BMF (Black Men in finance)...

I think most of the issues of any community stems from lack of economic knowledge... I want to spread that knowledge to my people...
That's a great idea champ.  Not sure where you live, but you should think about coming to the Congressional Black Caucus here in DC Sept. 24-27 and meet some great contacts and get your initiative up and running. 

http://www.cbcfinc.org/what-we-do/alc.html

Something similar happened to me she broke up with me deleted me from Facebook and all social networks changed her number and all six months later I got a friend request from her the worst thing I ever done is accept it
Look through her page seen her new dude a come to find out she was cheating the whole time we where together didn't even know it [emoji]128553[/emoji] bought this bish all types of sheet just for her to look good for this dude

Then she instant msg me on Facebook talking about "how is life" told her fine without your cheating *** and unfriend her man these females not loyal there an ex for a reason move on do go backwards in life
The bish had your boy sick listening to love songs losing sleep it's not worth it fam

Talking to an ex for an hour doesn't strike me as "not giving a damn" about them. 

+ making a thread about them

@youngdoc: I was sitting in my office late night... Didn't have much to do...

Plus, I been knowing her since I was 9... I'll be 25 next month...

I got off the phone surprised at the time... But it was natural conversation...

We're talkative people so that was easy...
Sorry man, just telling it like it is. 

if you're not mature and strong enough to talk to an ex...

That's a you problem...

Step your emotional security game up.

And sorry HLL...

I ain't try to attack you bro.

Last edited:

That's a you problem...

And sorry HLL...

You've known her since you were 9 so it's different.

I'm also not a phone person so I wouldn't want to talk to a current gf for an hour let alone an ex :lol:

That's a you problem...

And sorry HLL...

I'm not sure where I discouraged talking to an ex in my post, I'm just wondering why you would spend an hour talking to an ex that you allegedly have no feelings for. Maybe I'm just not understanding what "not giving a damn" means in this context. Your OP just comes off like you're trying to prove to NT that you're over your ex.  

Back
Top Bottom