TEAM MALIYAH--HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY MALI (on 4/13/13)

Well Well Well Miss Maliyah Made It Thru 3 1/2 Weeks Of Radiation!! Congrats Baby Girl! You Are Just Moving Right Along!! She Gets her scans next week to check and see how things are progressing! I ask that all of her supporters (family, friends and fb) say a special prayer for her as she approaches her Antibody Therapy which will be super intence from January-June! THE LITTLE BIT OF CANCER THAT WAS LEFT IN HER MARROW NEEDS TO BE OUT so I ask that you send special prayer for her as she gets her scans done! You have all been so very kind and really helpful thru this journey! I couldnt get thru the days w/o you or my mali girl smiling at me all the time!! [emoji]9829[/emoji] I ASK THAT GOD CONTINUES TO BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WITH GREAT STRENGTH AND HEALTH!! [emoji]9829[/emoji] HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL! :smile:

from her moms facebook.

you guys are great. thanks alot

Merry Christmas Mali

382872_541066662571064_614598539_n.jpg

well, Mali got some bad news. Her mom told me that they ran some tests, and expected her to be cancer free, but they found some neuroblastoma cells still in her bone marrow...this is basically an indication that the bone marrow stem cell transplant didnt work as well as expected.

Mali has started a 6 month treatment regiment, so she really needs everybody's prayers

this is the current update
*we got admitted to the ICU
*she started her antibody therapy
*she had a reaction (hives), so they slowed it down to go in her for 20hrs instead of 10...
*she caught a high fever yesterday (which is expected with this treatment) and they did blood Coulters on her. She has an infection in her central line.
* Unfortunately, because the antibody therapy already makes her feel like she has the flu, continuing the treatment WITH A INFECTION would probably make her extremely ill!...
*RIGHT NOW, we are waiting to hear back from the chairman of the immunotherapy study. Its going to take a few hours bc its in san diego & they have a different time frame...Basically we need to know if they will stop the treatment, send her to a regular floor, treat the infection then when it is cleared finish up the 3 days left in this round, then move to round 2 in 2weeks......OR stop the treatment, send her to a regular floor, treat the infection then when it is cleared up skip the 3 days she missed and move on to round 2. OR possibly keep the treatment going while she has an infection WHICH WOULD BE A VERY BAD IDEA!!!!!

and I know this thread is about Mali, but I dont think her mother gets nearly enough credit. Being a parent is hard....being a single parent is hard....being a young single parent is really hard...but I cant begin to imagine being a young single parent with no help with a baby who is going through what Mali is experiencing...and through it all, her mother (Tazz) maintains an incredibly positive attitude. She reeeeeaally goes hard for her baby. Both ladies deserve the world

Last edited:
and I know this thread is about Mali, but I dont think her mother gets nearly enough credit. Being a parent is hard....being a single parent is hard....being a young single parent is really hard...but I cant begin to imagine being a young single parent with no help with a baby who is going through what Mali is experiencing...and through it all, her mother (Tazz) maintains an incredibly positive attitude. She reeeeeaally goes hard for her baby. Both ladies deserve the world
I think about this as much as much as I think about Maliyahs well being.

This thread always brings tears to my eyes. I was hoping for more happy tears again this time. So sad to hear this but she's come this far and I have faith she'll get over this hurdle as well. Those photos just make me want to hug her. Definite props to her mom. I can't even begin to imagine what this must be like for her. They are both in my prayers.

Last edited:
I hope she gets well soon!

Nobody said parenting was easy. she made the choices in her life, she maybe chose the wrong guy, she maybe chose the wrong time. Does she not have any other family?    How did all these celebs find out about her?

I'm not sure about the tone of this post....

But no she doesnt really have any family who can really help. Her mom passed away 10 months ago, her sister is younger. And those "celebs" go visit the Childrens Hospital here on a pretty regular basis, so I'm assuming thats how. Polamalu goes every week

But no she doesnt really have any family who can really help. Her mom passed away 10 months ago, her sister is younger. And those "celebs" go visit the Childrens Hospital here on a pretty regular basis, so I'm assuming thats how. Polamalu goes every week

I dont trust you. maybe thats the tone you picked up. 

I am very sorry to hear about her mother.         However She made the choice at a young age, with no help, to have a baby.  

Obviously you dont know the story, and thats cool. And idk why you're sorry to hear about the mother, when the baby is the one with cancer? Obviously pregnancy out of wedlock is not ideal, but its a reality in MY community. This thread was to draw awareness to Maliyah's condition, not to have a debate over premarital pregnancy

I dont trust you. maybe thats the tone you picked up. 

I am very sorry to hear about her mother.         However She made the choice at a young age, with no help, to have a baby.  

In all seriousness, please don't post in this thread. Maliyah's mother posts in here and this is not a place for you to pass judgement. You're being very disrespectful. This is about a baby fighting for her life and all of us posting in here care about her well being. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we'd all like to keep it positive. Thank you!

Obviously you dont know the story, and thats cool. And idk why you're sorry to hear about the mother, when the baby is the one with cancer? Obviously pregnancy out of wedlock is not ideal, but its a reality in MY community. This thread was to draw awareness to Maliyah's condition, not to have a debate over premarital pregnancy
 I respect everyone's struggle.  

What story?  we all have a story.  I care about everyone. I care when people suffer, that is why I was sorry to hear about her mother.  Its not just your community its all over the world. You are the one who brought up "single mother"  "young single parent"  ect.  I just asked whos fault is that? my first reply was wishing her good health, YOU brought attention to her mother and said she dosent get enough credit.
And your response is to try and dimish her contributions to her daughter and make it seem like she made a mistake by having a kid in the first place? Is this making you feel good about yourself? Shut up and leave the thread.

And your response is to try and dimish her contributions to her daughter and make it seem like she made a mistake by having a kid in the first place? Is this making you feel good about yourself? Shut up and leave the thread.

woah there. You all are putting words in my mouth. when did I try to "dimish her contributions to her daughter" ?    She didnt make a mistake?  did she had a secure life? and secure household to raise a child?  that is what I said. 

I should have PMd op with this   but I feel this thread was about money the whole time.

She actually lives a pretty decent quality of life, she is just dealing with an ill child....and you dont have to PM me home boy, you can PM her if you'd like, she'll tell you everything you'd like to know.

And I'm not sure if you know this....but plenty of people grow up in single parent homes. She had family support until her mother passed away....

but why am I even wasting keystrokes explaining this?

Its about money? Meanwhile you can scroll through the thread and see the pics, and comments.........

I'm logging off for awhile

woah there. You all are putting words in my mouth. when did I try to "dimish her contributions to her daughter" ?    She didnt make a mistake?  did she had a secure life? and secure household to raise a child?  that is what I said. 

I should have PMd op with this   but I feel this thread was about money the whole time.
QSYCE

So what if it was? Lets not sit here and act like cancer treatment is cheap, if she wanted to come here and do that, that is her own business and from there it would be up to NT to decide whether or not they would give. Guess we should be going after Method Man and the rest of the NT staff becuase they ask for chartable donations from time to time too. I mean theyre just after money right?

I dont know where you got the basis for that assumption in the first place seeing as how shes never mentioned the costs of her treatment once. Unless youre going to talk about her asking for toys. "OMG ITS A SCAM, A CLEVER RUSE SO HER DAUGHTER CAN GET FREE BARBIES". Theres no longer a need to "put words in your mouth" cause you just put the icing on the cake for your list of offensive things you've said to this girls mother. Not even going to entertain this any further, you have fun with your self righteous BS and enjoy your thread ban.

Last edited:
The only reason this thread was made is because I posted her picture in TAN, and somebody suggested I make a thread and tell her mom to make a Paypal for donations. If my dude Piglove can understand, then anybody should be able to lol

The only reason this thread was made is because I posted her picture in TAN, and somebody suggested I make a thread and tell her mom to make a Paypal for donations. If my dude Piglove can understand, then anybody should be able to lol
haha true. well either way I just wanted to speak my mind, didnt mean to go all ksteezy on you all.   Didnt mean to down anyone. to the baby and the mother I am sorry for derailing this thread  it was not my intent.

Back
Top Bottom