TEAM PENNY is LIVE!!! - We made it to 100

Thanks a lot! Been a Penny fan and collector since 96! It means a lot to me!

The Penny I home version are really missing in my collection. It is like a crown jewel or the missing piece of the puzzle!

can the upper be somewhat restored?
I've seen some people restore old nubuck uppers, but I haven't a clue how to do it. Check out the sneaker restoration post.

If you're patient you should be able to find the retro for $80-120. Keyword is patient as most everyone wants $150+ for them.

The Penny I home version are really missing in my collection. It is like a crown jewel or the missing piece of the puzzle!
I hear you bro. The crown jewel of my penny collection is the OG blk/blk/roy (wish they would retro) but I already have those haha so I'm good. I want some white/royals in much better condition though.

love this thread 
pimp.gif

nthat.gif

So today I've started working on a new project and I'd like to enlist the help of NT.
Anything with a question mark is data that I'm missing.

- Colorway?
I'm looking for the exact colors as they appear on the box label.

- Price?
I'm looking for the original MSRP.

Original Penny 1's ONLY!!!

1995 "Orlando" Original
Black/Varsity Royal/White
130241-041
- Price?

1995 "Orlando Home" Original
White/Varsity Royal/Black
130241-141
- Price?

1996 "Orlando Away" Original
Black/White/Varsity Royal
130241-011
- Price?

Any information you can contribute would help me out a lot.

Once all my data is compiled I'll be sure to share with everyone!

Last edited:
I have those too but my air bubble is coming off on the right shoe. My shoebox for them is also pretty bad but still intact. Very nice. Also, I am still interested in joining Team Penny still! Sorry, I haven't contributed much lately. I will post my collection once again and also my latest Penny purchases as well. Great to see all the Penny love on here lately.javascript:void(0);

Sorry I haven't contributed much the last few months but I will start to post all my latest stuff soon. I've been busy with a new job and new work schedule so I haven't been able to share my latest additions as often as I would like. I am still interested in joining Team Penny. I've been a Penny fan for forever now. My first pair of expensive Nikes were the Zoom Flight 96 which he wore to the Olympics. Since then, I've always tried to get all his shoes, posters, etc. I was lucky enough to finally see Penny in person at the Nike Las Vegas Sole Collector Penny Hardaway Event on Halloween Weekend back in 2011. I was able to get his autograph as well! Here are the main pictures that I think summarize my Penny shoe collection. The first picture is the latest shot I took of my complete collection about a 8 months ago. I also included different angles and closeups. Since then, I've added more shoes to my collection. The last pic in this group of pictures is what I've added so far. I'm waiting until the Memphis Tigers Penny V's come out until I take an updated full shoe collection shot again. And of course, I'm including my photography (mainly on shoes or other collectibles) which I call PaparazZEE Photography. The name is basically because my nickname is Zee. I usually take pictures of either my Penny collection, Jordans, Air Maxes or other memoribilia. I will be sure to post more of my Penny collection soon such as my authentic Penny jerseys as well as replicas, Lil Penny figures, Penny Hardaway light switch cover, Orlando Magic VHS tapes, Starter jackets, pregame gear, etc. Hope you like my collection and photography!

javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);

Last edited:
Reactions: Ube
topkuya, thanks for posting the picture of the White/Varsity Royal 1's. Had the official colorway info I was missing for the OG pairs.

So now the ONLY thing I'm missing is the MSRP of the Original Penny 1's. Does anyone know the price?

topkuya, thanks for posting the picture of the White/Varsity Royal 1's. Had the official colorway info I was missing for the OG pairs.
So now the ONLY thing I'm missing is the MSRP of the Original Penny 1's. Does anyone know the price?
No problem!

My girlfriend surprised me this morning with a pair of the "Sprite" Penny II's and filled up the Christmas tree with Sprite cans! Pretty awesome way to surprise me for Christmas!

javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);

whats up, team penny?

looks like the photos of my collection, and pretty much all contribution didn't make it through the move lol. no worries , i needed to take updated pics of my collection. lots of additions lately. ill need to re-apply for team penny too.

until then, here's a group shot of my collection(as of June 2012.. i think)

take care guys

Last edited:
Here are some more pics.  First is my old Anfernee Hardaway book made by Beckett.  You'll also see my 2 Lil Penny figures.  I actually got Penny's autograph on one of the Lil Penny dolls at the Nike x Sole Collector Penny Hardaway Event in Las Vegas.  Next couple pictures are of my latest pickups.  There are 2 non Penny shoes in the pics but I got the Stealth & Pink Foams and just picked up the Memphis Tiger Penny V's this morning!  Love that shoe so much I had to take a better shot of it.

javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);

^ How do you take a photo like that? I'm assuming you're using some kind of imaging software? Clean shots.

Memphis Tigers are looking real nice. I think I'll take my Suns V's and exchange them for Tigers unless somebody wants my pair. (sz 10.5)

^ How do you take a photo like that? I'm assuming you're using some kind of imaging software? Clean shots.

Memphis Tigers are looking real nice. I think I'll take my Suns V's and exchange them for Tigers unless somebody wants my pair. (sz 10.5)

Thanks, man. I have this frosted glass table in my kitchen that I like to take pictures on. It always turns out pretty well on it. I usually use Photoshop to enhance the lighting and sharpness on my tagged photos. I also propped the shoes up from underneath to make them look like they're elevated a little.

I think the Memphis Tigers colorway is my new favorite out of the V's now.

Here's a newly updated shot of my Complete Air Penny Collection.  I actually excluded a few extra pairs for the picture just so my rows could be lined up better.  Excluded are my black Penny IV's, white/black/silver Penny IV's, white/silver Penny I's and my duplicate pairs.  I'm sure the shoe collecting will continue but this is all I've got for now.

javascript:void(0);

I made these shirts for my son to wear with his Pennys. I feel like with Nike releasing the V and other apparel they are missing out on producing "lil' Penny" stuff for us dads that grew up watching him.

P.S. I know the Total Foamposite Max aren't Pennys but they are the only foams for kids.

Sole Collector featured my complete Air Penny Collection shot on their Instagram yesterday. I'm so happy to see that many people still appreciate Penny Hardaway and his shoe legacy as well. Looks like they decided to cut my widescreen shot into 3 separate parts instead.

Back
Top Bottom