Team USA Shin/Calf Skins worn by Durant & Gay

your getting hit on the shin even possesion? really? there no need for those on the court, i expected that from you since ive seen pics and videos from those pickup games and you wear them. cool but no one needs those on the court. If your worried about getting hit on the shin then dont play.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

your getting hit on the shin even possesion? really? there no need for those on the court, i expected that from you since ive seen pics and videos from those pickup games and you wear them. cool but no one needs those on the court. If your worried about getting hit on the shin then dont play.

wow ok...so how often do you think Lebron or kobe get hit in the thigh....or the ribs for that matter...so if we dont get hit every possession then there is no point in having it huh...well what about that one time you fall on the floor on your tailbone...get a knee to the thigh...catch an elbow to the ribs...i'd much rather be wearing it when i play all the time so that for the one time I get hit...i will have to worry about it a little less...you have you're thinking and others have their own...so if a big time player came to where you ball at, you had no idea who he was, decided huh let's laugh at him and not pick him up because he is wearing that...then runs you are your homies off the court...who's going to have the last laugh in that situation?

wow ok...so how often do you think Lebron or kobe get hit in the thigh....or the ribs for that matter...so if we dont get hit every possession then there is no point in having it huh...well what about that one time you fall on the floor on your tailbone...get a knee to the thigh...catch an elbow to the ribs...i'd much rather be wearing it when i play all the time so that for the one time I get hit...i will have to worry about it a little less...you have you're thinking and others have their own...so if a big time player came to where you ball at, you had no idea who he was, decided huh let's laugh at him and not pick him up because he is wearing that...then runs you are your homies off the court...who's going to have the last laugh in that situation?

what is the purpose of these things. guys who wear the iverson shooting sleeve, the mcdavid tops and bottoms, and now these shin things are usually the biggest scrubs in my neck of the woods and the NEVER EVER get picked up and when they do they suck!!!!!!

what is the purpose of these things. guys who wear the iverson shooting sleeve, the mcdavid tops and bottoms, and now these shin things are usually the biggest scrubs in my neck of the woods and the NEVER EVER get picked up and when they do they suck!!!!!!

can't believe this thread has come to this argument. hey, next let's talk about how low-cut sneakers leave players more prone to spraining their ankles.

can't believe this thread has come to this argument. hey, next let's talk about how low-cut sneakers leave players more prone to spraining their ankles.

dude, all it takes is that one good hit and your %#* is messed up, and like Fresh said.  Whats wrong with a person protecting themselves from reckless players??  Lately there are more and more people out there THINK they know how to play ball but dont know squat and are liable to hurt other people.  I have seen it too many times.  Personally i would like to have a pair cause on my cases im taller than everybody, but i like to drive to the hole quite often.  Since the likelihood of everybody being shorter than me is high, the chances of everybody else's knees are at the height of MY mid/upper shins are high as well (you see alot of taller slimmer players wear them).  Therefore, it would be a good idea for me to protect myself just in case.  I hear there are also good as for shin splints (which can turn into something worse) and knee tendonitis (something i have in both knees) if you were them right above your knee cap or on your knees as knee pads/sleeves.  I mean if you feel like you dont need them thats great for you, but to say people are going to get laugh off-court makes me smh.

dude, all it takes is that one good hit and your %#* is messed up, and like Fresh said.  Whats wrong with a person protecting themselves from reckless players??  Lately there are more and more people out there THINK they know how to play ball but dont know squat and are liable to hurt other people.  I have seen it too many times.  Personally i would like to have a pair cause on my cases im taller than everybody, but i like to drive to the hole quite often.  Since the likelihood of everybody being shorter than me is high, the chances of everybody else's knees are at the height of MY mid/upper shins are high as well (you see alot of taller slimmer players wear them).  Therefore, it would be a good idea for me to protect myself just in case.  I hear there are also good as for shin splints (which can turn into something worse) and knee tendonitis (something i have in both knees) if you were them right above your knee cap or on your knees as knee pads/sleeves.  I mean if you feel like you dont need them thats great for you, but to say people are going to get laugh off-court makes me smh.

ok ill wear an arm sleeve next time im at the gym because my shooting hand might be a little cold...

ok ill wear an arm sleeve next time im at the gym because my shooting hand might be a little cold...

indifferent.gif
....ok?

Im all for the UA tight sleeveless shirts with the padding on the sides and compression shorts with the padding around the thigh but...
When was the last time you got hit in the shins during a basketball game? Maybe if those shin sleeves helped with shin splints, but as far as protecting your shins, you dont get hit in the shins very often at all.

Im all for the UA tight sleeveless shirts with the padding on the sides and compression shorts with the padding around the thigh but...
When was the last time you got hit in the shins during a basketball game? Maybe if those shin sleeves helped with shin splints, but as far as protecting your shins, you dont get hit in the shins very often at all.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

exactly

exactly

exactly

i did...running after a loose ball the other dude ran into me and kicked my shin...hurt like heck

exactly

i did...running after a loose ball the other dude ran into me and kicked my shin...hurt like heck

i dont know why anyone cares about what others want to put on when they play...in the end its their money let them spend it as they see fit. no point in making fun or whatever, the guy just asked info on where to get them.

its like saying why buy sig shoes when you arent even at that level or play...might as well wear flip flops or pro wings right???

i dont know why anyone cares about what others want to put on when they play...in the end its their money let them spend it as they see fit. no point in making fun or whatever, the guy just asked info on where to get them.

its like saying why buy sig shoes when you arent even at that level or play...might as well wear flip flops or pro wings right???

People actually wear the elbow pad for playing pick up games.. Its pretty funny because pick up games usually aren't even that serious.

People actually wear the elbow pad for playing pick up games.. Its pretty funny because pick up games usually aren't even that serious.

Back
Top Bottom