Teen Racially Profiled By Barneys, NYPD After Buying $300 Belt

Well on the positive side dude was spending behind his means on a tacky belt so at least he got his money back to waste on something more useful and maybe even come up from using the store.

I don't even know why ppl even shop there. You should be able to get the item cheaper elsewhere

Step 1: Go to Barneys and purchase something really really expensive.

Step 2: Lure these racist pigs into profiling me, and hopefully abusing my civil rights, via my minority-ness.

Step 3: Hire a lawyer

Step 4: Profit!!!!

Step 5 (Optional): If step 2 doesn't go as I would hope, which is to say that they don't harass me, eventually return high priced item and take the L (here, we define the L as having been treated fairly and equally as any other--see white--customer, in the eyes of the law...:lol: x :smh:).

That's not cool... I have no further words.

:smh:

How do you think someone is scamming when they use a debit card and provided a state ID? Wow those employees are real idiots and probably can't afford anything in there.

Well, in the case of one of these individuals, there was no name on the card being used. How do you get a match in that case? Also, debit cards can often be run as credit. If they were like "can I run it as credit?" AND there's no name on the card? Come on. That has fraud written all over it. The SA can't do much about it though, other than alert security to possible fraudulent activity.

Usually go their for my denim but never again, atruim will be the only store I shop at now for my expensive taste

WWHD Indeed
If that means what I think it does, stop it 
mean.gif

This is a horrible situation. I hope the kid gets everything he deserves. What they did to him was really uncalled for.

Vote with your dollar...I've always been good off Barney's, although they did give 3Stacks his shot.

Sidenote: I hope everyone saw that Ye interview and now understand what he was saying about black folk and high fashion.

Last edited:
I wasn't even aware it was still that bad in America.

Here in Belgium the racism towards black people died out a while back. It's all geared towards muslims etc now.

Last edited:
I've been followed around plenty of department store's and **** but I can't even imagine leaving after making a purchase thinking you about to get fresh only to get hemmed up by the laws saying you used a fake card :smh:

I would've been TOO damn pissed :smh:

Last edited:
Mental distress is just a way to get more money. I've sued someone for like $500 based on "mental distress" because he punched me in the face.

Christian is saying the incident has caused him great physical and mental distress.

:stoneface:

Who's to say it didn't though? Have you ever been handcuffed and arrested and detained due solely to the color of your skin?

Mental distress is subjective (even though he's a college-age student living in NYC so I would assume he has an idea of how racial profiling is up there), but getting handcuffed? Unless he was slammed on the hood of the cop car like it's Transformers I don't see how getting handcuffed leads to great physical distress.

Like how you left out detained. You think the pig uncuffed him and let him ride shotgun down to the precinct? They had my guy in the back shackled like he was a common criminal. All for what? Buying a belt while black?

Nah that claim of mental distress ain't no legal jive.

Being a hard working kid trying to stay on the straight and narrow, then having your human rights and freedom interrupted so abruptly definitely inflicts a psychological scar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom