^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

Movie was ill. I only saw the first Iron Man out of all the movies of superhero's in this one and have not a clue about the comics but I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway. A lot of funny moments. Scarlett had me thirsty all 2 and a half hours.

I missed the scene after the final credits, didnt miss the one before it though everyone was hyped about that villain

BTW never seen a sold out 9:15 am showing and people clapping for multiple trailers. IMAX 3D for $10 beans is the way to go.

Movie was ill. I only saw the first Iron Man out of all the movies of superhero's in this one and have not a clue about the comics but I thoroughly enjoyed it anyway. A lot of funny moments. Scarlett had me thirsty all 2 and a half hours.

I missed the scene after the final credits, didnt miss the one before it though everyone was hyped about that villain

BTW never seen a sold out 9:15 am showing and people clapping for multiple trailers. IMAX 3D for $10 beans is the way to go.

Saw the Avengers, and even as a comic book "elitist" I loved it. I appreciate the fact that they didnt deal too much with background story (because they usually butcher it)

my only problem is (highlight to read, i dont know how to create spoilers)

If Thanos is going to be the villain in the next movie, what will they do with Hawkeye, Black Widow and Captain America? In the Marvel U there is a very short list of people who are even remotely in the same league as Thanos, ie: Adam Warlock, Galactus, Phoenix, Silver Surfer at his peak, The Beyonder, and maybe a couple others. I can see Thor, Hulk and Iron Man fitting into the story, but the scale becomes a little too big for the other heroes. Also, if you are going to do a Thanos story, you HAVE to include ATLEAST the Silver Surfer

Saw the Avengers, and even as a comic book "elitist" I loved it. I appreciate the fact that they didnt deal too much with background story (because they usually butcher it)

If Thanos is going to be the villain in the next movie, what will they do with Hawkeye, Black Widow and Captain America? In the Marvel U there is a very short list of people who are even remotely in the same league as Thanos, ie: Adam Warlock, Galactus, Phoenix, Silver Surfer at his peak, The Beyonder, and maybe a couple others. I can see Thor, Hulk and Iron Man fitting into the story, but the scale becomes a little too big for the other heroes. Also, if you are going to do a Thanos story, you HAVE to include ATLEAST the Silver Surfer

Originally Posted by dhart48

has anyone actually seen the film in 3D and can confirm it isn't worth it??? My boy saw it weds morning at a company event and it was in 3D. said it put Avatar to shame. He said the depth of field was amazing. He described this scene where someone put a briefcase down and then walked behind it, said the case was up in your face and when whoever walked behind it you could see the distance between them and the case. seeing it at 7:15 but its not in 3D, but my 2nd time seeing might have to be if it's that good.

I saw it in 3D last night and it wasn't anything special. Would have been just as good in 2D, but I definitely have to see it again in IMAX for sure.

has anyone actually seen the film in 3D and can confirm it isn't worth it??? My boy saw it weds morning at a company event and it was in 3D. said it put Avatar to shame. He said the depth of field was amazing. He described this scene where someone put a briefcase down and then walked behind it, said the case was up in your face and when whoever walked behind it you could see the distance between them and the case. seeing it at 7:15 but its not in 3D, but my 2nd time seeing might have to be if it's that good.

I saw it in 3D last night and it wasn't anything special. Would have been just as good in 2D, but I definitely have to see it again in IMAX for sure.

Like jQQQQQ was saying earlier I was impressed by the balance of screen time each character got. I didn't feel like anyone got overlooked

All the characters were getting off
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and it was a pretty funny movie too

Scarlett
smokin.gif

Really good movie

Highlight for spoiler

There was another scene after Thanos?! What was it?
Man my friends were ready to book after that one so I didn't get to stay for the very end

Like jQQQQQ was saying earlier I was impressed by the balance of screen time each character got. I didn't feel like anyone got overlooked

All the characters were getting off
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and it was a pretty funny movie too

Scarlett
smokin.gif

Really good movie

Highlight for spoiler

There was another scene after Thanos?! What was it?
Man my friends were ready to book after that one so I didn't get to stay for the very end

3d was definitely worth it. Its like 3 bucks more. I can't imagine not seeing that film in 3D

3d was definitely worth it. Its like 3 bucks more. I can't imagine not seeing that film in 3D

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Official Avengers #

The film raked in an impressive $18.7 million in midnight tickets, making it the highest grossing midnight showing for a superhero title thus far, besting The Dark Knight’s $18.5 million take in 2008 (your move, The Dark Knight Rises).

Eh, Avengers price were supposedly inflated with inflation. Plus it has 3D, which TDKR won't. TDKR will still likely beat it.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Official Avengers #

The film raked in an impressive $18.7 million in midnight tickets, making it the highest grossing midnight showing for a superhero title thus far, besting The Dark Knight’s $18.5 million take in 2008 (your move, The Dark Knight Rises).

Eh, Avengers price were supposedly inflated with inflation. Plus it has 3D, which TDKR won't. TDKR will still likely beat it.

there are 2 different 3D's guys. Real3D and IMAX 3D. In my experience, the IMAX 3D is just really clean looking. The R3D is the depth of field.

there are 2 different 3D's guys. Real3D and IMAX 3D. In my experience, the IMAX 3D is just really clean looking. The R3D is the depth of field.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Spoiler [+]
cap01.jpg

cap02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom