Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

is this a true story?
Yes, it's loosely based on Greg Oden.
eek.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously, I don't want to watch another movie because I know I'll be let down. I'm still in awe. Ending was so sad though. That clock was pimpthough, I'd love to have something like that in my house.

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

I liked it.

I thought it was a hour too long.

QFT...just got back from it and had no idea that it was going to be almost 3 hours...smh at me not checkin the time first...but overall it was a good movie...

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Seriously, I don't want to watch another movie because I know I'll be let down. I'm still in awe. Ending was so sad though. That clock was pimp though, I'd love to have something like that in my house.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My dude is ridin' HARD(pause) for this movie. I mean, it is a greatmovie, but damn.

After the movie, after I sat down and tried analyzing the movie, I thought to myself how similar the pacing and some of the story elements were exactly likeForrest Gump. Then I looked up about the movie to find out that it was written by the same screenwriter that did Forrest Gump. Comparing the two films, I wouldsay that the Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a rung below Forrest Gump, which is meant as a compliment since that movie was disgustingly good. Still myfavorite movie I've seen this year in theaters, along with Wall-E. Batman being the next level down.

Some similarities I noticed between Benjamin Button and Forrest Gump:
- Progression of the story told through life events
- Use of historical events to frame timeline
- Man's life being shaped by his circumstances (Benjamin's reverse aging, Forrest's disability)
- Main female lead going off to do her own thing, making mistakes and the like, before coming back home to realize what she really needs
- Litany of supporting cast members, major and minor, playing a role in the main character's life
- First half of film being light and then laying on the the heavy stuff during the second half of film.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

The lightning parts had me
roll.gif
those were great
everytime he would say, "did i tell you i got hit by lightning 7 times, one time..." and it went all the way from like brad pitt's ummchildelderhood and then when he came back home.
and yeah that one part where he talks about the 100 different scenarios that could have prevented from that " accident" was brilliant. it made youthink like with all the occurences that happened in your life, that one slight hurdle could have changed the outcome. good or bad.

and it was depressing throughout the movie, but not the end. it just leaves you to ponder.
and this is imo pitt's best performance.

this movie was amazing. i just saw it and i am moved. it said a lot about life and love. i'm just soaking it in right now...but definitely guys, gowatch the movie.

on a side note: the movie didn't even seem 3 hours long to me. seemed like 2 hours.

Didn't the Titanic sink in 1912? So how could the boat they saw be the Titanic if BB was born after World War I???

The part that choked me up was at the end when they showed the major characters of the movie. I'm still depressed
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Air Bonilla 23

Didn't the Titanic sink in 1912? So how could the boat they saw be the Titanic if BB was born after World War I???

The part that choked me up was at the end when they showed the major characters of the movie. I'm still depressed
frown.gif
Yea I got my ships mixed up or that was a plothole. I kinda wanna know what ship that was though.

frown.gif
Yea I got my ships mixed up or that was a plothole. I kinda wanna know what ship that was though.
I thought it was just a random ship... considering the Titanic hit an ice berg, and was not the victim of a submarine attack
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

frown.gif
I thought it was just a random ship... considering the Titanic hit an ice berg, and was not the victim of a submarine attack
roll.gif
Yuo're thinking of the Chelsea. I'm talking about the cruise ship Benjamin sees while he's aboard the Chelsea. Around the time he goesto the brothel.

I was thinking of right before they were under attack, there was a ship they came across that they saw in two pieces, sinking with many dead bodies floating.Thats when the attack took place.

Otherwise I'm not sure what other ship they showed going down? I'll be sure to check it out next time I see the film.

I enjoyed the whole movie even though it was 2 hours and 47 minutes
laugh.gif

It was both interesting and sad. I think they did a great job showing the process of him growing younger and the experiences that came with that.

I've been wanting to see this movie till the moment I saw the trailers. This movie looks very interesting.

frown.gif

word man i teared up such a good movie .. this was definitely Pitts best movie and also hensons she played queenie so well im glad to see her get a major rolein a movie then just a sideline character seems like she is getting alot of these good roles lately.. I loved the captain for some reason he was so ill to melike a stand up guy you look up too despite his rough exterior.. overall it was a great movie kinda drawn out but great overall.. anyone else thought button inthe 50's-60's before and after mama died was a slick cat like if i could go back to thoese days and those styles id be great.. dude had some flyoutfits

i also liked the captain...he was the same dude from Mr. Deeds (the editor of the tabloid media company)
laugh.gif

i personally hated this movie....

dragged on way too long. the idea is kinda weird.... we all knew what was gunna happen. it took soo long for it to happen too.

i just didnt like it

my guess is the lusitania

Back
Top Bottom