THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

tom-hardy-as-bane-in-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

pimp.gif

the "Come at me bro" for this thread

4391-dark-knight-rises-trailer-reveals-banes-genius-batmans-doom.JPG

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

im callin it now TDKR>The Avengers

and i seen The Avengers...
I mean, fans already think that TDK and TDKR are two of the best movies ever made and one of them hasn't even come out yet.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I honestly can say these trailers are meh.I hate the fact Nolan always adds these random characters to the movies .He really can't shoot comic book movies at all
Wheres the Joker
indifferent.gif
 gif?

Another thing Nolan don't show all the action in the previews....

If you look close enough you see as some said Bruce in a wheelchair possibly being "broken", He's captured, Bane is in the cave, and Gotham is at it's worse state ever.

If this movie is near 3 hours we will see in depth the anarchy Bane brings that trumps the chaos Joker brought.

All I ask is to hear Heaths voice in a cell, maybe seeing his cell open at the end of the movie to show it will never end. Nolan is good at that.

Momento-Still don't know what the freak is true
Begins- Batman flies off after talking to Gordan
Prestige-Twins
TDK- Batman rides off taking the blame
Inception-top still spinning
TDKR-?????

Originally Posted by shogun

im callin it now TDKR>The Avengers

and i seen The Avengers...
I mean, fans already think that TDK and TDKR are two of the best movies ever made and one of them hasn't even come out yet.
And how is it different from Marvel fanboys saying the Avengers will break Titanics billion dollar box office and Harry Potters DH2's weekend record? And that the Avengers is the best superhero film even before it even came out? Plenty were saying it even before the film finished shooting the same way people say it with TDKR. Just got to take the statements lightly, not a big at all.

I heard that the few higher ups that were already allowed to see the movie were crying at the ending. I mean the TDK ending was one of the best movies I have seen and if this tops it my mind will be blown. It is amazing how much I have seen in preview and spoilers but I have not the slightest clue how this movie is truly gonna pan out. The Avengers was great movie but I knew they were coming out on top while even though The Dark Knight Rises it looks extra bleak for Bruce and Batman.

Originally Posted by Hazat50

I heard that the few higher ups that were already allowed to see the movie were crying at the ending. I mean the TDK ending was one of the best movies I have seen and if this tops it my mind will be blown. It is amazing how much I have seen in preview and spoilers but I have not the slightest clue how this movie is truly gonna pan out. The Avengers was great movie but I knew they were coming out on top while even though The Dark Knight Rises it looks extra bleak for Bruce and Batman.

I agree about TDK ending being one of the best movies.  I get instant chills when I watch it

I feel that the Avengers and TDKR (or Nolans Batman series for that matter) is just two completely different movies even though both falls in the comic book genre. Avengers felt likes an action filled, summer blockbuster film. Like Michael Bays film if it actually made sense. It felt epic in a way that we got to see the heroes we grew up with together on film and actually just go all out, beating a plethora of aliens w/o consciousness is just a perfect set-up for the Hulk and is why the other films never seem that good.

Nolans Batman series has a lot more depth though, it depends highly on the story-telling aspect and drama instead of the action. While the Avengers was a simple story of getting all the heroes together and getting along, Batman is a bit more complicated and challenges you to think more. And it looks like this final film will have layers upon layers depth, plus it is simply a lot darker. There wouldn't be much one-liners that will make the audience laugh that you miss the next few lines in the film. It'll deliver more shock and awe than cheers and laughter.

Both will likely be great films, they will just deliver two different kind of movies with two completely different feelings.

^Great post. I've been trying to get the point across for weeks now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

I feel that the Avengers and TDKR (or Nolans Batman series for that matter) is just two completely different movies even though both falls in the comic book genre. Avengers felt likes an action filled, summer blockbuster film. Like Michael Bays film if it actually made sense. It felt epic in a way that we got to see the heroes we grew up with together on film and actually just go all out, beating a plethora of aliens w/o consciousness is just a perfect set-up for the Hulk and is why the other films never seem that good.

Nolans Batman series has a lot more depth though, it depends highly on the story-telling aspect and drama instead of the action. While the Avengers was a simple story of getting all the heroes together and getting along, Batman is a bit more complicated and challenges you to think more. And it looks like this final film will have layers upon layers depth, plus it is simply a lot darker. There wouldn't be much one-liners that will make the audience laugh that you miss the next few lines in the film. It'll deliver more shock and awe than cheers and laughter.

Both will likely be great films, they will just deliver two different kind of movies with two completely different feelings.
Couldn't have said it better myself,great break down.

Originally Posted by Hazat50

eek.gif
nerd.gif

I agree with everything you just said.  It's definitely a matter of taste and appreciation for what both films are trying to convey thematically.  But at the same time, with the contrasts you've highlighted, I'm looking more forward to TDKR.  I think more skill is involved when writers try to elevate the comic book genre into something deeper than the cartoonish, action-packed gimmickiness that are characteristic of comic books.
But, like I said, that's just me.  The Avengers will definitely be a movie that I will be watching in theaters...but I'm more hyped to watch The Dark Knight legacy unfold.  
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

And how is it different from Marvel fanboys saying the Avengers will break Titanics billion dollar box office and Harry Potters DH2's weekend record? And that the Avengers is the best superhero film even before it even came out? Plenty were saying it even before the film finished shooting the same way people say it with TDKR. Just got to take the statements lightly, not a big at all.
I know I shouldn't take stuff written on nt too seriously 
laugh.gif
.  But Nolan has achieved an almost cult-like, God status on this board.  Same can be said about his movies now.  It's well-deserved of course but it seems like most won't even be open to the thought of other movies being better than his.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

I honestly can say these trailers are meh.I hate the fact Nolan always adds these random characters to the movies .He really can't shoot comic book movies at all
Wheres the Joker
indifferent.gif
 gif?

It looks generic and drab nothing about this is interesting to me personally .Bat plane looks weak,CatWomans costume is wack doesn't even seem remotely CatWoman like .Bane isn't really imposing or intimidating at all to me .Its just Average but you guys will like it since its christopher Nolan.

Pretty much nailed it on the head

Wheres the Joker
indifferent.gif
 gif?

It looks generic and drab nothing about this is interesting to me personally .Bat plane looks weak,CatWomans costume is wack doesn't even seem remotely CatWoman like .Bane isn't really imposing or intimidating at all to me .Its just Average but you guys will like it since its christopher Nolan.

Now film directors have "stans"?

C'mon son. First 2 films were great. "Can't shoot comic book movies"?

A trailer is a trailer. From what I've seen of the trailers, it looks like they're intentionally leaving a lot out.

I'm not in here trolling because the film is still too far away. I'll save my opinions for the FILM and not the trailers.

You sound like you just want to be a contrarian.

This movie is going to be nothing short of amazing. I like Batman Begins more than The Dark Knight but my top 2 Comic films overall. This will almost certainly be in my top 3.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Wheres the Joker
indifferent.gif
 gif?

Now film directors have "stans"?

C'mon son. First 2 films were great. "Can't shoot comic book movies"?

A trailer is a trailer. From what I've seen of the trailers, it looks like they're intentionally leaving a lot out.

I'm not in here trolling because the film is still too far away. I'll save my opinions for the FILM and not the trailers.

You sound like you just want to be a contrarian.

I dont like what Nolan has done to the batman movie rights .Everything that made batman who he is as a character he stripped it away to me

*slow claps* I was trying to get that across to a guy in the line for The Avengers. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DMoney82

This is what I'm trying to explain to people too.

While I loved the Avengers and thought it did a great job at what it set out to do, I'm a Nolan/Batman girl all the way and I'm more excited for TDKR and hope it blows everything this year out of the water, for all the reasons you just listed.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Exactly.. good post..

Back
Top Bottom