The NBA Draft Thread

Kris Dunn playing the media with his "it'd be great to play in Boston" comments along with not giving them his Medical records and the not working out unless against the top guys.

He knows no one will agree to that so his camp is trying to have him end up in Minny. Thibs apparently loves Bender so if he's gone Dunn won't drop past 5 imo

Bender in Minny would be VERY interesting.

Frontcourt of Wiggins/Bender/Towns under control for at least 6 years. :x

Bruh.

Man either they are guessing for Boston or they are throwing everyone off their scent.
I'm pretty sure Boston has been gassing up every player that works out for them in order to try to make the #3 pick seem desirable for a trade partner. If they are truly going to keep the pick, and aren't able to move Bradley or Smart for a big, I think they are going to go with Bender. His bust potential scares me, but if he ends up like an Andrei Kirilenko type, I'll be pretty happy.

I think Bender has a much different floor than AK 47. He's much more offensively skilled and is a legit PF/C

Tough to think of one but maybe a mix between Diaw and Frye (although Frye was a solid rebounder in college if I'm not mistaken)? He's so young and unproven it's tough to really say

Last edited:
I think Bender has a much different floor than AK 47. He's much more offensively skilled and is a legit PF/C

Tough to think of one but maybe a mix between Diaw and Frye (although Frye was a solid rebounder in college if I'm not mistaken)? He's so young and unproven it's tough to really say
Yeah I mean I'm really not sure who to compare him to at this point :lol:

The Celtics looooooove ******* with Ford. :lol:

@chadfordinsider Spoke to several teams that had Cal forward Jaylen Brown in for draft workouts. All 3 said his performance was stellar. Shot the ball really well. Was in great shape. After a shaky freshman season, he may be rising in the draft. He has elite physical tools. Celtics seriously considering him at 3.

NBA draft profile: Kris Dunn

Here is a look at Kris Dunn, one of the best point guards available in Thursday's NBA draft:

School: Providence

Height: 6-foot-4

Weight: 204 pounds

Skinny: Dunn averaged 16.4 points, 6.2 assists, 2.7 steals and 3.5 turnovers last season. He finished the season with his second consecutive Big East player of the year award. Dunn also was the conference defensive player of the year the last two seasons. He is the conference's first guard to win both awards twice.

An NBA executive's take: "With his defensive potential, he has the ability to be a great defender in the league. His athleticism and open-court play stand out. Two things he has to improve on are, No. 1, being a consistent shooter. No. 2, cut down on his turnovers."

An NBA scout's take: "Kris Dunn has the size, speed and athleticism to start from Day 1. He is becoming a better shooter from the perimeter. He needs to be a little bit more consistent with his decision making. But overall, he's a guy that can play at least eight years in the league."
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20160617_NBA_draft_profile__Kris_Dunn.html

Dunn or Murray ends up in Philly for Okafor IMO

Man...having to trade a player as good as Okafor for Murray, someone who is projected to be a microwave scorer off the bench just doesn't sit right with me. It's not equal value, if Oak was in this year's draft, he would compete with Simmons and Ingram for #1. So in essence, it's like trading Ingram/ Simmons or Murray + a role player. There should be future picks along with it.

Bender in Minny would be VERY interesting.

Frontcourt of Wiggins/Bender/Towns under control for at least 6 years. :x

Bruh.

I've been saying this! people think that Bender will fit perfectly in Boston, but I think he will be a better fit in Minny. He seems to prefer to pass the ball and get teammates involved rather than becoming your #1 scoring option, he seems to be the perfect #3 option for teams. Having the ability to setup Wiggins, KAT and Lavine all while being able to spread the floor will be a thing of beauty.

Not to mention kat can rim protect for bender who himself has potential with that great standing reach

He can also spread the floor for Wiggins

@ESPNSteinLine ESPN sources say that the Sixers had their first face-to-face meeting Thursday with presumptive No. 1 overall pick Ben Simmons on Thursday.
@JCameratoCSN Can confirm @ESPNSteinLine Sixers had dinner w Simmons in CLE last night. He has not done a workout, team was looking to meet before draft.
@gonzoCSN League sources confirm ESPN report: Sixers brass had dinner with Ben Simmons & his agent in Cleveland last night. Told it went well
Must've had the meeting before the Cavs-Warriors game.

Man...having to trade a player as good as Okafor for Murray, someone who is projected to be a microwave scorer off the bench just doesn't sit right with me. It's not equal value, if Oak was in this year's draft, he would compete with Simmons and Ingram for #1. So in essence, it's like trading Ingram/ Simmons or Murray + a role player. There should be future picks along with it.

I totally agree with this..After Simmons and Ingram I feel it's a significant dropout..And I know Oak stock somewhat down right Now..but I'm not giving him up for nothing...

I rather keep oak..hope somehow he and Noel can coexist this year..and bring Embiid off the bench until he's healthy enough to to play 35-40 min..I'm not reaching for a guard in this year draft when by all accounts..there are some studs coming out next year draft..both PG and SG position.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom