THE OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Who should I look to go to for saves now that Jim Johnson is headed to the Dodgers?

Ken Giles if he's on the wire (Phillies closer)
Keep an eye on Folty. He's slated to start for Banuelos but he might just take the 9th inning. He's built for it.

David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution thinks Arodys Vizcaino is the "most likely" to take over as the Braves' closer if Jim Johnson is traded.

Soria to the Pirates to be a setup man, which leaves me with one remaining closer on my team, Jeurys Familia :smh:. I'm probably just gonna take the L in that category from here on out :lol:.

Vizcaino is available though. Should I scoop him? Drop Betances or Soria?

Last edited:
:lol: I didn't want to pick him up in my keeper league. I have 2 waiver wire moves left for this week and need them for spot starts but bit the bullet for the long run.

Yeah I think I'm gonna sit tight. Been really satisfied with my pitching lately (aside from saves). Only guys I have that I drafted are Cueto and Price, everyone else is from waivers :lol:.

2 things I found interesting that may help you guys who stream pitchers:

Kevin Gausman is lights out at home and atrocious on the road. Small sample size of only like 50 innings total though.

Anthony DeSclafani is atrocious at home but pretty good on the road, sample size of about 100 innings.

Pretty surprised to see him get demoted. He's been a little inconsistent but before yesterday the most amount of runs he'd given up was 3. I read something saying that he'll probably be back up in the majors next week so I'm just holding on to him for now. Dickey has been throwing well so if you need some help this week I'd swap them.

Do not drop him. It was a calculated move to get a spot starter up for today. Maybe he misses one start but he's a fixture in that rotation.

Am I reaching to offer Shark for Teixeira straight up? Friend who has Mark said he's on the table.

If you have a strong rotation and need another bat not a terrible idea.

I have Fielder in at 1B (Grandal/Headley both 1B eligible as well), so I'm not really hurting for Teix but the possibility of adding him is intriguing.

My staff as it is now: Shark, deGrom, Madbum, Dickey, Buehrle, and Jimmy Nelson

*Willing to drop any of the last 3 if they were to string together a few bad starts in a row*

Eh I'd stay put or try to deal him for another pitcher.

Fair, I'll weigh that option. He's got great stuff when he's on, but his inconsistency worries me going down the stretch and I'm trying to make a leap for a playoff spot currently at 8-8.

In fact, had no choice but to drop Nelson (who gave me a QS tonight) and pick up Brett Anderson for a start tomorrow. At least one spot a week in my staff is a revolving door :lol: .

Last edited:
Yeah main reason I'd look to deal him for a pitcher or keep him. Two great starters and a bunch of average to above average guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom