The Official Air Jordan XI Columbia Appreciation Thread

my soul burns for a pair of fresh columbias. them anniversary XIs were disrespectful.

I think they will come out this year.......I think they are gonna give us all those lowtops to get people hyped for a mid, then bust our heads for $200 a pair for Christmas.

I pray to god that these come back this year!!! I still have my 2000 pair and they piss yellowed. This would make me joyful!

Yes, I would love a fresh pair of Columbia's, but I wouldn't mind waiting another year for them to drop.  2 of my top 3 shoes of all time (Columbia's, Bordeaux's, and Infrared 6s) don't need to release the same year (if we do in fact get the black/infrared 6s).  I'd still much rather see the 6's release, as finding a WEARABLE pair is getting harder and harder to come by.  

The 11's still hold up perfectly, and haven't had any cracking/separation issues with them, even after long breaks between wears.  I also think I'm one of the few people who ENJOY the yellowing...at least on the patent leather.  Gives it that "creamy" look to it.  Love 'em.

Pardon the sock marks...snapped a pic after work wearing some warm wool knit socks lol.

Yes, I would love a fresh pair of Columbia's, but I wouldn't mind waiting another year for them to drop.  2 of my top 3 shoes of all time (Columbia's, Bordeaux's, and Infrared 6s) don't need to release the same year (if we do in fact get the black/infrared 6s).  I'd still much rather see the 6's release, as finding a WEARABLE pair is getting harder and harder to come by.  

The 11's still hold up perfectly, and haven't had any cracking/separation issues with them, even after long breaks between wears.  I also think I'm one of the few people who ENJOY the yellowing...at least on the patent leather.  Gives it that "creamy" look to it.  Love 'em.

Pardon the sock marks...snapped a pic after work wearing some warm wool knit socks lol.

the sooner the better for me. im not guaranteed to live another year or 2.

the sooner the better for me. im not guaranteed to live another year or 2.
None of us are...that's life my friend.

Personally speaking, I'd rather see one (or two) kicks come out each year that I've hoped to retro, and then some newer CW+.  Maybe its because I'm older (32), and have been collecting since I was old enough to cut grass, collect walnuts, shovel driveways, etc. to buy 'em.  MOST of what I've wanted to own, I've been lucky and blessed enough to be able to have at one point in time.  

I know most "older 'heads" only want to talk about the OG colorways, which do hold higher esteem to a lot of us who owned the original pair, or got to see Mike play in, but I like that JB is coming out with some newer designs.  I'm not a "shoe" guy, I'm a Jordan guy, but some of the things that Nike does with the Lifestyles collections with the Lebron/KD/Kobe models are fun to me.  The EXT models of the Lebron X were great IMO.  JB attempted to do this with the J2K pack last year, but just wasn't implemented well.  The "lab" series is something I'd like to see develop, but I feel it's just rehashing the same concepts, just on a different shroud.  How about a Jordan VI with an all denim upper?  I know most older folks would yell blasphemy, but I'd like to see it...why not?

2013 got to look forward to the Laney's and the 1's, then got to experiment with some of the newer CWs and concepts.  There were other great OG colorways that dropped (Playoff VIIIs, FR3s, HGG's etc.), but I enjoyed some of the newer CWs just as much.  Something fresh and new.  The green glow IVs were one of my favorite shoes that released last year.  Nothing limited/highly sought after, just a nice looking colorway that hasn't been done before on a retro IV.

I hope the Columbia's come out SOON, but I won't be disappointed if it takes another year or two (health permitting HA!).  I'll get excited for the Infrared's this year, and then sit back and watch what JB decides to toy around with.

terrible is an understatement, i liked them more when i dyed the soles blue but even then they were just bad

my soul burns for a pair of fresh columbias. them anniversary XIs were disrespectful.

How? I never got the anniversary XIs. Terrible quality? They look nice in pictures :/

they did some things on anniversary XIs that just smacked people in the face.

1. they made the soles on the GS pair blue and mens sizes clear... Teased us so bad some people dyed their soles blue
2. no jumpmen on the heel/ankle areas... except 23 pairs total.... so wrong
3. the white upper was mesh... should have been leather like the columbias
4. the material on the heel area was some sort of weaved cloth instead of leather

I had them and sold them. I wanted them to be columbias so bad but they were just disrespectful.... the XIs felt naked without the jumpmen and to see that gs got the blue soles was :x

they did some things on anniversary XIs that just smacked people in the face.

1. they made the soles on the GS pair blue and mens sizes clear... Teased us so bad some people dyed their soles blue
2. no jumpmen on the heel/ankle areas... except 23 pairs total.... so wrong
3. the white upper was mesh... should have been leather like the columbias
4. the material on the heel area was some sort of weaved cloth instead of leather

I had them and sold them. I wanted them to be columbias so bad but they were just disrespectful.... the XIs felt naked without the jumpmen and to see that gs got the blue soles was :x

This...

Bought a pair...Took a good look at them once they got delivered...Promptly returned them...

Slap in the face to any fan of the Columbia's...

When's the last time JB used the color "Columbia" on a retro or release?

Could be that they don't have the color any more? :roll eyes

Idk, just trying to make sense of it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gammas aren't a bad shoe but it's a new color is what I'm saying. It's not better than any other XI
Don't see why they wouldn't still release the Columbia's again. 11's have always been hyped and loved, this year didn't prove anything new. They've released the Breds, Space Jams, and Concords multiple times, again and again. No reason not to do the same for the Columbias.

Last edited:
Last columbia was a low top 11 right?

No. The only Columbia retro was when the XI's retroed for the first time and even then the shoes were not a true retro IMO because of the clear soles. If we get them this year they will have the super blue soles. Count on it.

No. The only Columbia retro was when the XI's retroed for the first time and even then the shoes were not a true retro IMO because of the clear soles. If we get them this year they will have the super blue soles. Count on it.
Last columbia was a low top 11 right?

Wasn't saying that the last retro was low top. That comment was in response to [@]FutureDHughes. He asked what was the last shoe to have the color "Columbia" in it

airfrb airfrb As an owner of OG and retro Columbias (as well as other XI CWs). There is no exclusivity with XIs anymore. Just another Nike cash cow they will milk until dry.

Last edited:
man, I don't care about exclusivity... just gimme da shoes. exclusivity died a while ago when it comes to nikes/jordans

i dont want any OG XI to be exclusive, heck id rather them oversaturate so everyone can have them, heck release them a couple times per year but the thing that kills me is the quality and the price hike. no way this shoe should be over 125 especially for the quality. give us OG quality and $200 is a steal

Word. Exclusivity...that one word that ruined buying kicks. If I like a shoe, that's it. I don't care who else has it. If I don't want to rock it at the moment when everyone else has it, I'd put it on ice. If it's a hot shoe everyone will cop regardless. 

Those anniversary XI's were a joke. My cousin copped them thought he was doing it until I broke out my Colombia's and inadvertently hurt his feelings. He tried to be like "nah, they are close enough to the Colombias" and I told him they weren't. After he seen them on my feet, the next conversation we had about that pair he told me he trashed them joints 
laugh.gif
. I told him he was wasting his money with that mess. It's funny how the want for these grew louder, when they were the least desired out of all XI mids, at least around these parts judging from XI threads.

Back
Top Bottom