THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

When did PT 1 & 2 come into the projects Dame released without his consent? Never heard that. Thought it was just MCC. Btw I've NEVER heard that album. Its the ONLY Curren$y project I've never listened to. From the sound of it, it sucked lol. Dude was supposed to make a movie to that album too lol

Also Sean O Connells production on Da$hs Caveman Files mixtape was nice

Cathedral is FIRE!

Five Deuce Four Trey is nuts

T.Y. :x :x :x

Got me over here bout to pull over and roll up instead of heading to work :lol:

Everyone hyping Cathedral, still need to take a listen.

Dame screwed everyone. Think he had a fallout with Mos too. Not sure about Ski. But during that, I remember they announced a Mos/Jay Elect/Spitta project tho... :smokin

the good ole days...i can't believe it ended like that considering this video dame was spitting some real to all the independents...guess curren$y was the only one that learned anything from this speech...

Everyone hyping Cathedral, still need to take a listen.

Dame screwed everyone. Think he had a fallout with Mos too. Not sure about Ski. But during that, I remember they announced a Mos/Jay Elect/Spitta project tho... :smokin
Center Edge Territory. What could have been...

Anybody that's heard MCC knows that it was not finished. Mixing was terrible on some tracks and some didn't even sound anywhere near done. Soundbombing is the only track I still listen too.

I remember Spitta camp saying PT1 and 2 were released without consent or the paperwork wasnt right. Seeing dude's personality, he probably had some handshake deals with Dame initally. But when it came time for folk to get paid thats when the suits started popping up.

I was pulling for DD172. Dame was bringing in talent and putting out some good music. Like seriously, who ever thought the Black Keys would produce a track for Raekwon?

Yea Dame had a good thing going with CC and DD172 but he got greedy again. They were really making moves between $pitta, Ski, Black Keys, and The Senseis. I remember going to the Blu Roc showcase at Brooklyn bowl that Curren$y headlined and it was great. Dza, Stalley, and K.R.I.T. did sets. $pitta performed all his songs backed by The Senseis. It all had an organic feel and Dame blew it. :smh:

I have the CD from the showcase. Jetsetter by Tabi Bonney sounded crazy live. The Senseis rendition of Go :x. Wish I could have been there...

Yea Dame had a good thing going with CC and DD172 but he got greedy again. They were really making moves between $pitta, Ski, Black Keys, and The Senseis. I remember going to the Blu Roc showcase at Brooklyn bowl that Curren$y headlined and it was great. Dza, Stalley, and K.R.I.T. did sets. $pitta performed all his songs backed by The Senseis. It all had an organic feel and Dame blew it. :smh:
All that greatness in one room [emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji] spitta owned 2010

I thought he was signed to Warner Bros tho? Or was that a one album thing for Stoned Immaculate?

Also Creative Control was special. So much talent and their vids & music were great

I have the CD from the showcase. Jetsetter by Tabi Bonney sounded crazy live. The Senseis rendition of Go :x. Wish I could have been there...

All that greatness in one room [emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji] spitta owned 2010

It was a blast. They fire department showed up because the smoke was so thick it set off the alarm. :lol:

I thought he was signed to Warner Bros tho? Or was that a one album thing for Stoned Immaculate?

Also Creative Control was special. So much talent and their vids & music were great

Both Atlantic Records & Warner Bros. Records are subsidiaries of Warner Music Group. So he basically moved to a different room in the same house :lol:. But I'm guessing that the Warner Bros. deal was only 2 albums (Weekend At Bernies & The Stoned Immaculate). So far only Even More Saturday Night Car Tunes has had the Atlantic imprint.

Creative Control [emoji]128531[/emoji][emoji]128531[/emoji][emoji]128531[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji] I miss 2010......King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

pimp.gif

#SPITTASUNDAYS [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]. He redeemed himself on this tape for me jet life yuuuuuuuuup :smokin :smokin :smokin

damn I haven't listened to king kong in a minute...got me goin thru old tracks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom