**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

roll.gif
That's what I told him, I was like did a damn kid make this, when I first saw those pics I was like WTF I could've done this my self with a soldering gun, yeah It was horrible, but whatever its over and done with

I am already thinking about sending Rey my 17mm 14k wg 155 gram bracelet from Daniel's  to melt it down, throw some $ on top and have make me another bracelet 16mm 18k either rose or white with flag on clasp
How long is your bracelet? That's the same weight as our 7" 17mm. bracelet

Yea, I didn't want to laugh but those pics were kinda funny lol.

Sorry you had to go through that, man.
Did that piece have any sentimental value/history?
Thanks bro no worries, that one no it has no sentimental value I would've never tired in the first place if it did for this exact fear, but that piece I actually bought, the part thats outlined in red, from Daniel's about 2.5 year ago, its called Nuestra Senoria Caridad del Cobre (Our Lady of the Charity) the patron saint of Cuba.  when I first purchased it years back, I don't have the original pics anymore unfortunately, it was a full sized Caridad, which means it has the boat, three fisherman and ocean scene, it was big and awkward (it looked like a snowman almost because of the shape, so at that time I took to a local jeweler who cut the boat and ocean part off and created the yellow gold plate, mounted the Caridad to it and did the flag on the back.  I posted pic of it years back when it was first done in here and explained what I did, I even later talked about adding the bezel and few people on here told me not it looked fine the way it was, but unfortunately I just felt that the piece looked unfinished so that is why I contacted Daniel's to see if they could do the bezel, new bail, fill in the gold and basically make it look like one cohesive unit and not a Frankenstein piece

roll.gif
That's what I told him, I was like did a damn kid make this, when I first saw those pics I was like WTF I could've done this my self with a soldering gun, yeah It was horrible, but whatever its over and done with

I am already thinking about sending Rey my 17mm 14k wg 155 gram bracelet from Daniel's  to melt it down, throw some $ on top and have make me another bracelet 16mm 18k either rose or white with flag on clasp
How long is your bracelet? That's the same weight as our 7" 17mm. bracelet
Hey @GoldenSun  , both the bracelets are 8 inches, white is 14k 17mm 155gram from Daniel's (I wouldn't say made by, but from, cause I'm pretty sure some else is making them) and yellow 18k 13mm 121gram by Rey's

Last edited:

Thanks bro no worries, that one no it has no sentimental value I would've never tired in the first place if it did for this exact fear, but that piece I actually bought, the part thats outlined in red, from Daniel's about 2.5 year ago, its called Nuestra Senoria Caridad del Cobre (Our Lady of the Charity) the patron saint of Cuba.  when I first purchased it years back, I don't have the original pics anymore unfortunately, it was a full sized Caridad, which means it has the boat, three fisherman and ocean scene, it was big and awkward (it looked like a snowman almost because of the shape, so at that time I took to a local jeweler who cut the boat and ocean part off and created the yellow gold plate, mounted the Caridad to it and did the flag on the back.  I posted pic of it years back when it was first done in here and explained what I did, I even later talked about adding the bezel and few people on here told me not it looked fine the way it was, but unfortunately I just felt that the piece looked unfinished so that is why I contacted Daniel's to see if they could do the bezel, new bail, fill in the gold and basically make it look like one cohesive unit and not a Frankenstein piece
That piece was seriously fuego... shame it had to go...

^ Thank @WhatCanISay yes in deed 
nthat.gif

And I just want to make it clear, I think there's some confusion floating around and I don't do the Instagram thing only NT, so I'm just gonna say it here and be done with it so we can get back to the jewels

I just wanted to share my story so others would be aware and proceed with caution, most importantly was the customer service and communication skills and the blatant fact that it took OVER FOUR freaking months and it looked like crap when it was all said done, Rey texted me earlier telling me that this cat is on instagram denying it, look I never said he engraved the flag on the back, like I said before its been documented in this thread when I got the engraving done, I detailed above exactly what I asked him to do and none of it had to do with the engraving anything, nonetheless whatever your thoughts on the engraving it was not the issue that I had with their work, the issues where what I outlined above and marked in red.  

He can deny whatever he wants and say how bad the piece looked when I gave to him but bottom line is no **** dumbass thats part of the reason that I m paying you so you can fix it, and bottom line the "work he did" which was the bezel looks horrible and it is not what I wanted nor expected 

I gave him this 

Front

Back

He gave me back this

So again, aside the opinions of the engraving, his work on this based on what I asked for and described to him is straight garbage IMO

Last edited:
Can someone show or explain to me how Cubans and gold pendants are made? Just out of curiosity. I looked at Rey's IG and I see he often starts off with a long strip of metal that he passes through a machine. What is this? :lol: I'm just interested in what goes into making these pieces.

In regards to pendants, I know that majority of em is made out of wax molds right?
1) how do they shape that chunk of wax into something so precise?
2) how do they get the gold to take that shape?

Can someone show or explain to me how Cubans and gold pendants are made? Just out of curiosity. I looked at Rey's IG and I see he often starts off with a long strip of metal that he passes through a machine. What is this?
laugh.gif
I'm just interested in what goes into making these pieces.

In regards to pendants, I know that majority of em is made out of wax molds right?
1) how do they shape that chunk of wax into something so precise?
2) how do they get the gold to take that shape?
If you look back a few pages I pretty much posted the process from start as Rey text it to me, I'm sure there are parts of the process they will not want to reveal so others don't steal the technique.

But basically first he has to mix the gold to get the karat, then he process it to get its shape, winds it into a coil, cuts the pieces of the coil into links, joins the links, welds or solders the links, process it few more times to get its shape (turning the links once they are all joined), then they file it down to get it flatter and give its final shape, they attach the box clasp and then buff and polish it.  Of course I'm just guessing on this I am not a jeweler, but based on the pics he sent me and that I have seen previously I am pretty sure I'm missing a few steps in there but in general over all that is the process in a nut shell.

As far pendants I have no idea, I have seen online before jewelers designing and working on molds, and yes they are out of wax and they use all different kinds of methods and tools to get the final shape and now even more with 3D printers and other technology, but I guessing they take the wax mold make what would be equivalent of a negative of the mold, and then pour the gold into that and let set, then do what ever finishing touches on it, but again I am just guessing on this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom