The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

[emoji]128530[/emoji] You know you had to go to the ER on that play quit lying
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Come see me youngsta

Does anyone have a image how Chicago (White Red Black) XXX1 look like? I like Fine Print over Banned but want to see Chicago color before buy these. 

Last edited:
Another negative YouTube review. This time from Foamer Simpson.

His negatives were the traction (major issue), the ankle area cutting and breathability.
I never watch performance reviews, but I went and watched his. I wouldn't really say his review was negative.

He stressed the areas you mentioned, but was basically torn on the sneaker because there were some things he really liked about it (lockdown, cushioning, etc).  Wouldn't say he completely trashed the shoe at all.

However, as noted, I don't ever watch these, so maybe compared to most of his vids that is trashing it.

Breathability can't really be seen as a negative when it comes to Foamer because he pretty much finds all bball shoes these days lack breathability as he mentioned in the vid itself.

He also mentioned that the fit simply didn't work for his feet while his brother didn't have the same problem.

It's funny how subjective these reviews are because he reeked heavy excitement over the XXXs, which, to many including myself, were inferior to the XX9s and a letdown for the new flagship.

Quote:
Anyone have this issue with their pair:
I didn't check my pair but I'm not surprised. I copped the Banneds. First time I've even thought about buying a new (non retro) Js since like the 19 or 20s. I thought the design was dope but the quality is utter trash. Returned mine yesterday.

Last edited:
The negatives that are being pointed out in these reviews are mostly centered on the on-court traction, since the summary from most of the YouTube reviewers is that they would still recommend the Jordan 31s despite the inconsistent traction.

The reviewers haven't bashed it the point where they would never recommend the shoe for anyone from what I have seen, but the traction has been the #1 eyesore so far mentioned.

It's funny how subjective these reviews are because he reeked heavy excitement over the XXXs, which, to many including myself, were inferior to the XX9s and a letdown for the new flagship.

True. Everyone has different experiences with shoes. Not sure why he loved the XX9s and XXXs. I didn't really like either.

I find the XXXI traction fine most of the time - seems to work well on the courts I play on (range from good to very good) with minimal wiping. My traction related issue is that the shoe can skip a bit before the traction locks onto the floor . This happens when planting on some cuts right above the edge of the zoom bag and it hasn't compressed enough for the sole above the zoom bag to be in line with the rest of the sole. Those situations suck and have caused me to practically fall down a few times.

I also experienced Achilles pressure/pain. Not sure if it's the pair I have or more a problem with my anatomy.

True. Everyone has different experiences with shoes. Not sure why he loved the XX9s and XXXs. I didn't really like either.

I find the XXXI traction fine most of the time - seems to work well on the courts I play on (range from good to very good) with minimal wiping. My traction related issue is that the shoe can skip a bit before the traction locks onto the floor . This happens when planting on some cuts right above the edge of the zoom bag and it hasn't compressed enough for the sole above the zoom bag to be in line with the rest of the sole. Those situations suck and have caused me to practically fall down a few times.

I also experienced Achilles pressure/pain. Not sure if it's the pair I have or more a problem with my anatomy.
That sounds like the same traction issues that KickGenius described on their performance review on the Banned XXX1s.

So I don't think it is you, it is pretty much on par with what most of the sneaker reviewers have been saying about the 31's traction.

Those Fine Prints are so dope man...gonna be a struggle to try and wait for the disco.

XXX1's fast becoming my fav JB sig since the XX3.

Last edited:
Ya he does, square up Grizz [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Ready for clear pics of the SBB pair

Last edited:
Really wish fine prints didn't have clear outsoles.

I'm really done buying clear soled shoes. At least the red banned soles will stay nice looking

Wont be using these for basketball. So cant really comment on the performance aspect of it. But aesthetically, i really dig these. Havent been so drawn to a # Jordan since the 23 like someone said in here. Glad i was able to pick up and even better with a bit of a discount.

Back
Top Bottom