THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Wouldn't having a true low defeat the entire purpose of creating a high that moves like a low?

They claim to be trying to push the industry forward with this shoe, why would they make a version that's exactly the same as what they been doing?
thats the thing........... what does "high that works like a low" even mean? they said during the press release that the upper moves with you. doesnt that really just mean that it does nothing? all for look?

lets use the high top sleeve from the vii's as an example. those things were completely useless, so much so that they threw it out the next year.

"The Kobe curse" as they call it will make these lows super popular amongst ball players like myself who have already fallen for lows. I call it a curse because once you go low, anything else just seems uncivilized on court

The high is just to make the sensors in your brain or whatever make it feel like it's more support for people who don't know lows do the same. It's a big gimmick :lol:

The height of the show really doesn't make a difference. Shoes don't perform. People perform.
I agree that height doesn't make a big difference, however the appeal of a low vs a high in many cases has to do with weight. Extra material to build a higher cut shoe is going to add weight, plain and simple. People play in shoes of varying weights but some of us just feel more comfortable in a lightweight low top compared to say the bulky Jordan 12.

Hooping in foams
sick.gif
IDK why people do it either.
I've wondered the same thing, but after trying foams out on court a couple weeks ago, there actually are some good court characteristics to that shoe... IMO of course haha.  Form fitting for narrow footers and the court feel and traction were actually decent.  Though heel lockdown wasn't the best and a grueling break-in period too.

Definitely make no sense IMO with all the other options out.

I agree that height doesn't make a big difference, however the appeal of a low vs a high in many cases has to do with weight. Extra material to build a higher cut shoe is going to add weight, plain and simple. People play in shoes of varying weights but some of us just feel more comfortable in a lightweight low top compared to say the bulky Jordan 12.
delete

Last edited:
The LS joints are clean! Well, this particular colorway is clean. Can't say I'm completely on board with the LS joints.

Can't wait for the Kobe 9 "Masterpiece" joints to drop!!!

I just feel like they're biting the super high yeezy type shoe which is off putting to me. I also have no use for a strictly casual shoe. They don't look "that bad" but nothing I'd pay for than 2 bucks for

Back
Top Bottom