THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Well these weekend around Barcelona I could to find these... 180€ at the Nike Store... these are very nice to look on feet! Some people say that these are too high but if you compare the shoe with another high basketball shoe, in this case the Adidas Artillery Lite Hi retro (1992) you can decide right now.  The kobe 9 is wearable with jeans or chinos without problem. I like these sneakers.

but I guess it's just a sneaker term kinda like "deadstock" instead saying new/unworn for example.
Deadstock is not exclusively a sneaker term. For example, there are many high end denim manufacturers that make jeans out of "deadstock" fabrics, fabrics no longer in production, that will not be made again. This lets them offer limited production pairs with unusual fabrics that you won't see duplicated. There is a tie company that does the same thing - they shop textile wholesalers for "deadstock" stuff that they make limited run ties out of.
Yes they do wrinkle. They still look amazing though. You should be more worried about the outsole lol I have had mine for like a month and a half and still haven't worn them. Probably won't till next summer.
Anyone got a really worn/beat up pair of highs they can post a shot of? Curious if they start breaking in and slouching a bit, like a well worn pair of jeans. Once winter passes, I'll probably try to beat up my Inspirations, since the black outsole won't show the damage as much.

but I guess it's just a sneaker term kinda like "deadstock" instead saying new/unworn for example.
Deadstock is not exclusively a sneaker term. For example, there are many high end denim manufacturers that make jeans out of "deadstock" fabrics, fabrics no longer in production, that will not be made again. This lets them offer limited production pairs with unusual fabrics that you won't see duplicated. There is a tie company that does the same thing - they shop textile wholesalers for "deadstock" stuff that they make limited run ties out of.
Yeah, but deadstock isn't used that way within "sneaker culture" these days. It's pretty much just a synonym for new/unworn now, even if the original definition is closer to what you're referring to, that a shoe is no longer available in stores or the "stock" is "dead".

Anyway, my point wasn't even that deadstock itself is exclusively a sneaker term. I never said that. I only threw deadstock in there as an example of another term that's been used in sneaker culture for years since people kept asking if "team bank" was a real term.

Yeah, but deadstock isn't used that way within "sneaker culture" these days. It's pretty much just a synonym for new/unworn now, even if the original definition is closer to what you're referring to, that a shoe is no longer available in stores or the "stock" is "dead".

Anyway, my point wasn't even that deadstock itself is exclusively a sneaker term. I never said that. I only threw deadstock in there as an example of another term that's been used in sneaker culture for years since people kept asking if "team bank" was a real term.
Yeah, was just trying to give some info for folks who may think it's an exclusively sneaker related term, and how it is applied in other areas. I like that kinda stuff.

Yeah, was just trying to give some info for folks who may think it's an exclusively sneaker related term, and how it is applied in other areas. I like that kinda stuff.
Gotcha. Yeah, it's interesting to me how deadstock is just used as new/unworn nowadays. Not sure why or when that started happening, but I think a lot of people these days don't know the original/"proper" definition.

You're telling me I should have kept those cardboard inserts?
I personally have a hard time throwing away any of the packaging until I move a shoe into the "beater" category (and I wear stuff to death at that point), then I get rid of the box and paper, but if it had good inserts instead of just the wadded up paper I usually move them to another pair. OCD sneakerhead here. 

Last nights game..Kobe took 37 shots, the rest of the Lakers as a team took 35..lmfao...Kobe is looking to pad his stats thats pretty much it for the next 2 years cause he knows the Lakers are goin nowhere.......... he should focus on bettering his FG%, cause 40%ish is not good.....lol also bring on them "Multi-Clorine Blues" Nike!!!

Originally Posted by Sprite Remix  

snakeskins are fire if pulled off right 

Yeah like this
wink.gif
:

But if your referring to those Kobe EXT......................NOPE

Speaking of that , I wonder if someone has ever made shoes with a black mamba snakeskin..

Last nights game..Kobe took 37 shots, the rest of the Lakers as a team took 35..lmfao...Kobe is looking to pad his stats thats pretty much it for the next 2 years cause he knows the Lakers are goin nowhere.......... he should focus on bettering his FG%, cause 40%ish is not good.....lol also bring on them "Multi-Clorine Blues" Nike!!!

is this the sports section?

Check Lebrons shooting percentage this year.  I do gotta say that I want to see what they clorine blues are all about though They should be nice.

Highly disapointed with the lunarlon cushioning in the 9's.  The forefoot in my University Reds bottomed out already, and they released in September.  I heard people say in the thread that the lunarlon lasts longer.  That is not true at all from my experience.  Shame because the elite lows are amazing basketball shoes.

Originally Posted by Sprite Remix  

snakeskins are fire if pulled off right 

Yeah like this
wink.gif
:

But if your referring to those Kobe EXT......................NOPE
I would actually rock these Louboutins. Too bad they cost an arm and a leg

Back
Top Bottom