THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Boy is reaching with that christmas >>> maestro stuff.... But I agree they could have done more with the christmas shoe even with the same upper they could have done a red glow sole and it would have been fire just my opinion. They could have done each signature show like that, Brons all red with a red glow sole, kds all blue with a blue glow sole, and the kobes all green with a glow sole, I think that would have made the whole pack desirable to get. Imo

I like the upper to be honest. The suttle hits of green is just enough for it to be considered a Xmas shoe, but not too much where it can't be worn throughout the whole year. Just my opinion though.

Boy is reaching with that christmas >>> maestro stuff.... But I agree they could have done more with the christmas shoe even with the same upper they could have done a red glow sole and it would have been fire just my opinion. They could have done each signature show like that, Brons all red with a red glow sole, kds all blue with a blue glow sole, and the kobes all green with a glow sole, I think that would have made the whole pack desirable to get. Imo
pretty dope idea. add some little christmas details here and there and that would be a crazy pack. (I just really want a kelly green kobe 9) lol I thought there would be more green on them

Meh. Don't love or hate the red, just feel like they "missed it by that much" yet again. Just a little bit of effort could of had a huge impact on this CW and the Victory, and the Legacy for that matter.

It's the midsole/outsole that makes the Xmas a likely pass for me. I think the rest of the shoe is alright. Plus, with the Chinas, Philippines, and Thrillers, I don't need another red IX, even though I like red based shoes.

Nike seems boring right now if you look across all of the sigs. The only thing getting the fans excited is a small production run, extreme designs like the Slam Dunk/Bel Airs, rereleasing shoes (or taking inspiration like the Roger Federovs so).

I wish we could ask the dude who decides the colorways for the Kobes (Mark Avar)..I think?.. why not make the Flynit upper colorways a "Multi"?..what the reason for not doin them like most other Nike Flynit models?...smh..I dont understand? .not only does a "Multi" Flynit upper rock IMO, but it would sell like Hotcakes!..aka $ MoneyMaker $$ wish I could get that answer?..rrrr!

I wish we could ask the dude who decides the colorways for the Kobes (Mark Avar)..I think?.. why not make the Flynit upper colorways a "Multi"?..what the reason for not doin them like most other Nike Flynit models?...smh..I dont understand? .not only does a "Multi" Flynit upper rock IMO, but it would sell like Hotcakes!..aka $ MoneyMaker $$ wish I could get that answer?..rrrr!
You're thinking of Eric Avar, who's the lead designer. But the guy in charge of colorways I think is Erick Goto.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more multicolor colorways, but even for the other FlyKnit models, there's usually only a couple of multicolor colorways per model. The majority of FlyKnit colorways are still 1-2 solid colors blended together, even if they could probably do more multicolored ones if they really wanted to. With the way things are looking, it seems like if you prefer more FK color variety, the first few Elite high releases were the best.

I'm still hopeful that they'll have a couple more nice colorways before it's all said and done. The 9s shouldn't be done until late Jan/early Feb. If not, I'm happy with what I've picked up so far, or I might just make another iD.

If not, I'm happy with what I've picked up so far
Yeah, keeping things in perspective, I feel the same way - I've picked up more IX's than any other model of anything ever, minus SB Dunks. So really, nothing to complain about.

But, I still will, I'm sure. Complain that is.

I actually picked up less 9s than 8s (but probably because I wasn't as picky).

One thing I'll say compared to last year, we had the WTK and SS to generate interest. There was also the Preludes.

Right now, the Thrillers might be the last pair I get.

Damn, I was hoping to be done with this overpriced shoe line but I'm getting those candy cane joints. My goodness they're sexy.

Elite High tops were not made for looks, they were made for on court performance.   They are basketball shoes, not sportswear.  
In your opinion.

I don't play much ball at all, but I love high tops and enjoy wearing the 9 highs casually.

People getting Fast and Furious with their shoes now
laugh.gif

(yes I know it's a Mag custom)

Sequoia's pics release. Xmas pics release. But we can't get a bright crimson sneak peak ?? I'm totally lost as to why not even a teaser pic of these has dropped....

JS"

I wonder though if it boils down to production numbers or actual hype.

Is it possible that the elites/elite lows are made on a much smaller scale than EMs or is it truly the EMs are made in the same quantity and people just don't like them?

Anyone want to chime in or maybe some actually knows production numbers and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom