THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Finally saw these in person on foot, all I can say is GOOFY. Maybe it was the guy, but man. The shoe itself isn't bad but the cut is horrible looking when on foot

The Gumbos appear to be everywhere. I was surprised that a footlocker that doesn't get any limited crap got these. Did my rounds on raffle tickets, got 8 tickets in total to different stores. Hope people are trying to hop on that gator king and not these Maestros/Devotions.

Unfortunately no time for me to grab tickets today or tomorrow.  Gonna have to take a shot at the one FCFS location and online on Friday

Finally saw these in person on foot, all I can say is GOOFY. Maybe it was the guy, but man. The shoe itself isn't bad but the cut is horrible looking when on foot
funny thing is that is how the majority of casual wearers will look with this shoe....it takes a right amount of dare i say "swag" to pull em off and make em look fresh!..........some folks got it.
pimp.gif
..... some don't..
mean.gif

Great first impression from @XplosiveJeff
 a few pages ago

yeah i just heard the guys in kix genius go off about not being able to cop, I feel the same way (salt lake) I mean if your a ball player not being able to get the latest tech shoes cus of some hypebest shhh I mean thats just sickening. Nike stores should be puttin tickets hoop high and those who can jump up and take a ticket deserve 1st cop....... all im sayin8)

Wheres nightwing ? i thought he was all over these or is he watin for that footaction paycheck to clear?

Last edited:
just did a chat with nike

Me: Will the Kobe 9 All-Stars releasing on Friday be a twitter link only release?
Ariel: It shows it will release on Nike.com.
Ariel: Is there anything else you need/
Me: Yes, I know but will phone orders be allowed?
Ariel: It does show that they are.
Me: Thank you very much
Ariel: Thanks for contacting Nike. Have a great week.
You have disconnected.

Picked up my tickets for the whole ASG pack. Need the 9s the most!

Did the same. Not sure why they raffling the crescent city. They had like 10 different shoes on raffle. Didnt know so many releases. Just gimme Kobe Kd Lebron.

how does the FTL VIP rewards work? i have a code for $10 off and another for my birthday ($25 off $150 or more). they don't stack so i'd give them away to two people. I won't be using either so I'm thinking of donating them one of you guys on here who wins the raffle. is this possible? can a VIP member here buy on their VIP membership but still use my coupon code for $25 off?  

I'm not really feeling the look of the ASG compared to the MP. I'm still on the hunt for the MP's since my order got canceled.

Did the same. Not sure why they raffling the crescent city. They had like 10 different shoes on raffle. Didnt know so many releases. Just gimme Kobe Kd Lebron.
My local HoH only raffled KD LBJ KD & both Retro VI. Only one person other than me got tickets at opening this morning. Liking my chances on copping all 4.

From what I understand, the upper ankle collar is similar to the Kobe VII PlayStrong - it provides tactile support but not actual structural support that a brace would give. It only gives you that mental piece of mind in what is essentially a low top. It's like a convertible with a soft top lol.

I could be wrong but people I know who have them and have hooped in them conveyed this general sense to me when I asked about the performance factor of these kicks... at least in what little time has passed in a still young release.
Bologna. The upper part is nothing like the 7. It's very restrictive. I have them and already posted an initial review. There's a huge difference between the little thin piece of cloth on the 7 and the 9 that laces up fully. Completely different

Last edited:
View media item 792554

saw someone post this in a sneaker group thinking they're flexing :x . this is exactly how i pictured people to try and wear these performance shoes in public. DON'T BE THIS STUPID PEOPLE! :rofl:

thats ur opinion. Just to remind u even chucks, superstars, air force 1 were performance shoes back
When they were released.
When the air jordan 8 - 13 released many people also claimed they would be too futuristic to wear casually.
its up to your own taste.
i personally bought most jordans for casual because i rarely play basketball anymore and dont wanna wear out expensive shoes on the court anymore.

awful comeback

O look everyone the cool kid who signed up last week and has the "swag" to pull off kobe 9s casually :smh:

I dont have an issue with retro Js for casual wear cus we all know what to expect with them on court at this stage, but on a new performance shoe some guy could be puttin them to better use. We concede on retro Js at this stage but leave the performance stuff to those who can use em theres enough in the mix for everyone.

Last edited:
how does the FTL VIP rewards work? i have a code for $10 off and another for my birthday ($25 off $150 or more). they don't stack so i'd give them away to two people. I won't be using either so I'm thinking of donating them one of you guys on here who wins the raffle. is this possible? can a VIP member here buy on their VIP membership but still use my coupon code for $25 off?  
Yes anybody can use your bday coupon, I use them all the time and they can normally be found in the coupon thread along with other useful coupons too

thats ur opinion. Just to remind u even chucks, superstars, air force 1 were performance shoes back
When they were released.
When the air jordan 8 - 13 released many people also claimed they would be too futuristic to wear casually.
its up to your own taste.
i personally bought most jordans for casual because i rarely play basketball anymore and dont wanna wear out expensive shoes on the court anymore.
If someone pays $225 + for some kicks they can wear them anyway that they want to. Who is anyone else to judge?

I want the perspective and the detail and the mike jackson pair but if I can get the all star easily I won't pass. I just sucks thinking I may giving darn near 800 for 3 shoes

I wonder are the mike jackson gonna be a low top or high. I honestly at this point want to see more lows. When I see officially photos I know it will put these high elites to shame

Back
Top Bottom