THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I recently place a towel under the gas/brake pedals to prevent dark marks/dirt from getting on the heel of my light colored soles as I haven't cleaned my all-weather black mat in awhile. IDK about wearing beaters then changing into something nicer, that's taking it too far.

Sad but true fact of my life. If ive got 5 or 600 plus in a pair of shoes no way im driving in them. I usually just make the wife drive to avoid it all together.

This makes no sense to me.

What kind of driving are you doing that would "damage" your shoes...?

WHEN I WAS STARTING OUT, I DIDNT DRIVE IN MY SHOES EITHER.

AFTER A WHILE, I SAID F___ THAT S___. TOO MUCH HASSLE SWITCHING SHOES AND WHATNOT.

Last edited:

Sad but true fact of my life. If ive got 5 or 600 plus in a pair of shoes no way im driving in them. I usually just make the wife drive to avoid it all together.
This makes no sense to me.

What kind of driving are you doing that would "damage" your shoes...?
Not damage, dudes do that not to get their soles dirty if the cars mats are also dirty.  Some also do it to avoid wrinkles.

I've done this a few times back in the all white air force 1 days but haven't cared enough to swap shoes in years.

Last edited:
I recently place a towel under the gas/brake pedals to prevent dark marks/dirt from getting on the heel of my light colored soles as I haven't cleaned my all-weather black mat in awhile. IDK about wearing beaters then changing into something nicer, that's taking it too far.

this is exactly what i do, too much work to clean the mats often.

changing into "driving shoes" is a bit much for me, i'm lazy ha.

laugh.gif
 Don't wear shoes if you don't want to get anything on the soles or get any creases.

Some of y'all are ridiculous, man.

Last edited:
Does anyone have comparison pictures between the red ID knit vs the GR knit? From what I can see there is no black with the ID and it looks stale, I'd just like to have the GR shoe minus some of the gitd stuff. It's growing on me though.

and yall thought I was crazy to bring it up, I noticed on my LeBron Xs that I would get marks on the toes when I use to drive my sts-v but I haven't noticed since switching to the charger, now the soles getting dirty from the floor mats I can fully believe bcuz I don't clean my floormats often

I just wear my shoes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I guess that makes you better than everyone else? My car is super clean the problem is using the clutch over and over causes mad creases on 1 toebox..... Looks horrible
Grand majority of people drive automatics and so many have never even driven manuals, they'll never be able to sympathize.

I haven't driven a manual since the early 2000s and couldn't wrap my head around driving one as a daily driver.  It'd be old after a week of stop and go traffic.

Grand majority of people drive automatics and so many have never even driven manuals, they'll never be able to sympathize.
I haven't driven a manual since the early 2000s and couldn't wrap my head around driving one as a daily driver.  It'd be old after a week of stop and go traffic.
Ive never owned an automatic and im almost 30 but I grew up in a "racing" home so Im sure you might be right

Depends on the shoe. The first Mike Vick sneaker creased at the toe like no other. That shoe and maybe another 1 or 2 I wouldn't wear while driving. Everything else is good.

Depends on the shoe. The first Mike Vick sneaker creased at the toe like no other. That shoe and maybe another 1 or 2 I wouldn't wear while driving. Everything else is good.
True i drive in most of my kobe 8s. But almost all Js crease like a B. Even though i rarely wear Js now I never dropped the habit

After I get fully dressed I Saran Wrap my entire outfit. Gotto look fresh. Ya dig!

Jp

Last edited:
I also drive a manual... Manual>automatic. Not even close.

I try to keep my shoes clean/fresh, but I don't go too far out of my way to do so. They're just shoes.

I just wear my shoes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I guess that makes you better than everyone else? My car is super clean the problem is using the clutch over and over causes mad creases on 1 toebox..... Looks horrible

I feel that.....I haven't driven a manual since 09 and honestly its depressing
I also drive a manual... Manual>automatic. Not even close.

I try to keep my shoes clean/fresh, but I don't go too far out of my way to do so. They're just shoes.
the problem is lazy people have destroyed the manual and fewer and fewer American models are being made with manuals, they dropped the manual on the cts-v the only reason why I ever wanted one, that was the last American manual sedan, if my shoes creased crazily from driving than i'm not gonna front that would be the only time i'd have driving shoes and destination shoes as if I rode a bike or something

Admittedly, some shoes just don't work well while driving a stick. My size 15 Lebron IXs don't work out too well
laugh.gif

The Kobe 8s and 9s actually do just fine. But nothing like a nice driving moccasin.

Back
Top Bottom