THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Elite highs should have never been released :lol:

I wish this was 6-7 years ago. I would have been able to pick up probably every elite high on clearance. In 2014, people want what no one else can get or want to try to flip or get a few likes on IG even if they don't like the shoe. 90% of this thread was ******** on the highs before the Masterpiece came out. Found out it was limited and suddenly everyone wanted them. The elite highs are the best shoe Nike has created in the last 10 years. Most original and futuristic shoe they've made. If you don't like the highs, don't buy them. It's that simple. I don't own a single pair of low 9s.

Maestros are overrated. Had them but that green sole is a joke. Would have looked much better with a red, gold or black sole. The mint green just looks dumb. Sold them after a few weeks.

I agree with you with the fact that the EM lows should be more popular than they are because of their performance. However I wouldn't say that this line has been mismanaged at all. This years model is all about introducing flyknit to a basketball shoe. They have focused the line around this and have given us a plethora of colorways to choose from. However I don't agree that they should have only released that few of colorways and went with em lows. The marketplace is a great indicator on what people are looking for.  As of now the elites sell out and the EMs sit.

You could make the argument that they should have gave us better colorways for the EM's. In that case I definitely agree. They have dropped the ball with the EM colorways this year.

You are correct when saying that they been marketing the elites this year more than the EM's. I just don't agree with it being mishandled. Im actually a big fan of all three models and want each one to get their shine.

Elite highs should have never been released
laugh.gif

I wish this was 6-7 years ago. I would have been able to pick up probably every elite high on clearance. In 2014, people want what no one else can get or want to try to flip or get a few likes on IG even if they don't like the shoe. 90% of this thread was ******** on the highs before the Masterpiece came out. Found out it was limited and suddenly everyone wanted them. The elite highs are the best shoe Nike has created in the last 10 years. Most original and futuristic shoe they've made. If you don't like the highs, don't buy them. It's that simple. I don't own a single pair of low 9s.

Maestros are overrated. Had them but that green sole is a joke. Would have looked much better with a red, gold or black sole. The mint green just looks dumb. Sold them after a few weeks.
Man this post is full of nothing but the truth. I agree with everything said here. I personally didn't like the idea of the highs before they released. After seeing them in person I completely changed my mind.  Repped.

I don't like lows for the most part, only 5 kobe lows have ever caught my attention Chaos 6, Grinch, Thrillers, YOTS black ext 8, BL9 so yeah the highs IMHO are better and I hope they either continue the high's for the X or go to mids

Boy is reaching with that christmas >>> maestro stuff....
How am I reaching?? Its my opinion old man. 
I share your opinion and i'll take it as far as to say I like them better than all but 2 other kobe 9 (ext mid #1 ext high #2) but red is my fav color so yup these are better than the MP, Details and every other one y'all would like to say

laugh.gif

They managed the release of the shoe wrong.  They should have released the EM's first.  Then, later on, introduce the Elite High's and Lows. 

I guarantee if the EM's came out before the Flyknits, they would have sold better.  The problem with the EM's are the design of the shoe.  The colorways they came out with are overall lackluster.  I can only think of 3 EM CW's that I would buy (Hyper Cobalt, Phillipine's, Peach). 

The Elite highs are an innovative shoe, but ever since the Details, it seems like the design team has been very conservative on the colorways, too conservative.  I would like to have seen them take some more design risks, especially with the unlimited possibility of the flyknit.  They could have sniped a few colorways from the Flyknit Air max/Racers and we would have been happy. 

The Elite lows are a good shoe, I think they handled it well, except for the ID options.  We are paying $245, the flyknit should not be spray-painted on.

They managed the release of the shoe wrong.  They should have released the EM's first.  Then, later on, introduce the Elite High's and Lows. 

I guarantee if the EM's came out before the Flyknits, they would have sold better.  The problem with the EM's are the design of the shoe.  The colorways they came out with are overall lackluster.  I can only think of 3 EM CW's that I would buy (Hyper Cobalt, Phillipine's, Peach). 

The Elite highs are an innovative shoe, but ever since the Details, it seems like the design team has been very conservative on the colorways, too conservative.  I would like to have seen them take some more design risks, especially with the unlimited possibility of the flyknit.  They could have sniped a few colorways from the Flyknit Air max/Racers and we would have been happy. 

The Elite lows are a good shoe, I think they handled it well, except for the ID options.  We are paying $245, the flyknit should not be spray-painted on.
well said repped

laugh.gif

bruh I understand your opinion, but you're looking at it only from your opinion, Nike wanted to push the FLYKNIT simple as that, in Nike's eyes its almost like EM is a takedown or venomenon upgrade, they gave the EM for fans sake but that was it, the elite lows easily could have been the regular edition, there could've not been an EM this time around but they did for people like yourself that have a fondness for it and that its easier to do IDs at this time, if Nike gets the FK right goodbye EM bcuz there won't be a need for it on the Kobe, look at the 8s there were only regular and elites not 3 models (ext mids not withstanding), they'll push the EM to Harden who likes lows don't he got a shoe coming up
nerd.gif

overall what's everybody's favorite model? The em , elite high or elite low?
My personal favorite is the elite low model

I like the elite highs. I got 5 of those, and that's without the MP and ASG which I'll definitely cop in the future. I like the beethovens the most though

If we're speaking in hypotheticals...I'd probably take the Elite lows, assuming all the CWs of the high were released as lows.

But I'm glad they made three versions, because I like each of them for different reasons.

I passed on the Gumbos today for 250$ shipped

Poker Aces better woo me

Last edited:

Elite High tops were not made for looks, they were made for on court performance.   They are basketball shoes, not sportswear.  

In your opinion.

I don't play much ball at all, but I love high tops and enjoy wearing the 9 highs casually.
No it's not my opinion dummy , it's a fact. They are MADE for basketball.
no need for name calling period, you need to edit that, that can get you banned, regardless of the fact that they're basketball shoes made for basketball first and casual 2nd doesn't give you that right

@tigo0240  he is right though they are made for basketball, the ext and lifestyles not so much but the regular inline is performance based that is not an opinion

I am always a little amused when people think a model variation should not have been made, or that it might have somehow interfered with the CW's offered on the models they prefer. I agree there could be more EM's I like, but I have 5, and no reason I should expect to like them all. I have 6 highs, so I passed on some. And I have 2 elite lows, so I passed on one. Is it possible that if some of the Elite High CW's released as elite lows I would have bought them? Yeah, but I actually like the high better. The highs I passed on I would not have bought as lows. Would I like more elite low CW's? Yeah. But I'll live without them ,or with them, if they release more.

Dunno, I just look at it like the more models and CW's they release of each, the more options I have, not the less options I got of the one I like best.

Damn, I was hoping to be done with this overpriced shoe line but I'm getting those candy cane joints. My goodness they're sexy.
Yep, that's two upcoming Elite Highs; good as bought in my book.

In your opinion.

I don't play much ball at all, but I love high tops and enjoy wearing the 9 highs casually.

EM - to ball in (indoor), casual
ELITE LOW - casual
ELITE HI - to ball in (indoor)
It's hard justifying "balling" in a near $250 shoe, but hey do you. Especially if it provides desired comfort.
It's EMs (or CP3s; they don't get enough credit for comfort-level) for balling,
while all elites are strictly for casual wear.

I passed on the Gumbos today for 250$ shipped

Poker Aces better woo me
You've seen the leaks (I assume), if you ain't wowed, then I wouldn't hold my breath.

Back
Top Bottom