The Official Lloyd Banks Thread **Halloween Havoc 3 Out Now**

Banks has one classic, and thats The Hunger For More album. Rotten Apple was pretty terrible IMO. HFM 2 was good but it was somewhat lacking. he needs to release an album immediately, his discography is pretty weak aside from his mixtape catalog.
no, that was actually a great album...he didn't promote it like that cuz his father died and he got all emo for a few years....

it was better then his leaked album turned mixtape "da big withdraw"

Banks has one classic, and thats The Hunger For More album. Rotten Apple was pretty terrible IMO. HFM 2 was good but it was somewhat lacking. he needs to release an album immediately, his discography is pretty weak aside from his mixtape catalog.

Not a classic

no, that was actually a great album...he didn't promote it like that cuz his father died and he got all emo for a few years....

Ninja's my guy. Rotten Apple was cold. I played the hell out of that album. HFM is a classic in my book. HFM2 was a let down.

HFM1 a classic? Word?

But anyways I really mess with this tape, listened to it agian this morning.

V6 is the best Lloyd Banks project.

"Highlights like an athlete I need clips
Everything takes a backset to V6" :pimp:

HFM1 is the best album to come outta G-Unit.  Banks just doesn't have that aura behind him but track for track it's the best album.

Banks = Kiss with the consistency too

GRODT, Straight Outta Cashville, The Documentary >>> Hunger For More

Pretty sure I even spinned Thoughts of a Predicate Felon more than HFM >D not a knock on that album either, but shows how strong their discographies were

Last edited:

noooooooo waaayyyyy. The Big Withdrawal is better than Rotten Apple. but man, if The Big Withdrawal never got leaked and you combined that with the strong points from Rotten Apple... Banks history wouldve been COMPLETELY different.

that album would've been a problem. dammit man.

HFM 1 stands the test of time with GRODT, Straight Outta Cashville & The Documentary. Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon & Rotten Apple might be the weakest out of all of those but it had it's moments.

I went back and listened to some of his recent tapes...while being under the radar he's released some of the best projects over the last couple of years

sour out the nose and bottle clicks
urban model chicks,
lifes a rumor dollar ****
sliding in ferragamo slips,
top of the metropolis
looking down on your confidence,
hooking up with your confidant
cooling feel like the comp is gone,

uhh

**** in my sweaters
**** be overzealous,
hold it down dirty as hell we roll the town
sup with all the clowns
i gave you years how dare you doubt me….

My Flight 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Did Banks purposely switch up his flow, or did it just gradually happen? He sounds so different comparing something like Banks Workout to Playboy 2. Is it just age?

Lloyd Banks - “FNO: Failure’s No Option” (Mixtape Review) DX Consensus: “EP-Worthy”

As Rap’s more mainstream iteration heads into a strange period defined by globalism, an expanded notion of what makes for great production and a bevy of unproven upstarts laying claim to the throne, veterans like ex-G-Unit luminary Lloyd Banks rule the industry’s underground ranks with an iron fist. As long as emcees practice the art of storytelling, know how to spit an air-tight 16 bars and can remain commercially sustainable by any means necessary, they occupy the important space of being the protectors of Rap at a time where its classic standard is arguably in its greatest need for aid. In naming his latest mixtape project “FNO (Failure’s No Option),” it leaves absolutely no question as to Banks’ intentions as an “old school” king in a new school age.

Eight producers contribute 16 tracks of material to the project. For those expecting some sort of 808 and Trap-Rap laden rehash of his performance on stellar 2003 G-Unit debut Beg For Mercy, you’re listening to the wrong mixtape. The bulk of the work here is handled by Doe Pesci, a Queens-based producer who has been working with Banks since 2010’s Hunger For More 2. However, the overall cleanest and production given the best lyrical treatment is Beat Butcha’s staccato drum and double bass loop for Banks and Harlem emcee Vado’s “Paint the Sky.” At the point where dominant New York emcees stopped being drug dealers with an ear to the streets and became 21st century corporate cash kings, rappers like Banks and Vado became also rans insofar as their mainstream relevancy. There’s something to their ability to stay grounded—as opposed to daring to touch the ground for fear of causing an earthquake—that makes their performances particularly ear-worming. Yes, Vado’s descriptions in particular of “[wanting to be a] King like Coretta’s marriage,” and daring haters to come at his crew because “we put a hole-in-one, we like golf, too” don’t exactly tread new lyrical territory for Rap music, but are delivered with a level of efficiency and charisma that make them nevertheless worthwhile.

Banks is clearly more than able to handle himself as a performer. Putting out a mixtape at this point is the equivalent of making public the results of one’s yearly physical examination. The free download is the audio equivalent of saying, “I’m alive. I’m well, my rhymes are still tight, and yes, I am available for bookings.” Picking any one of the 16 tracks on the mixtape—say, “Keep Up,” track 11’s ode to having so many **** but so little time—Banks effortlessly utilizes a rare (to his defined skill set) double-time flow over a melancholy half-time beat, and executes with perfection.

With artists like Lloyd Banks making mixtapes and the Rap music community waiting for Trinidad James’ debut album to finally drop via Def Jam, one of the Rap industry’s greatest flaws at its most culturally dominant moment is exposed. Rap has become a culture driven more by promise than results and by assumed expectations than clearly-defined abilities. In making a corollary to the National Basketball Association, the issue with that theory is made readily apparent. Every year we get excited about a team like the Los Angeles Clippers with their trend-driven, fast-break happy highlight reel flair. However, at the end of the year, it’s always the San Antonio Spurs—an older, fundamentally sound and defensively solid team that wins. If you are still a fan of artists like Lloyd Banks, you believe like Banks that “failure’s no option,” and hope for a return to an era before Rap arguably lost its way. Thus, in erring more on the side of substance over style, this mixtape is a welcome anathema from what is arguably, for the classic Rap fanatic, a terrifying era.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album...nks-f-n-o-failure-s-no-option-mixtape-review-

This is a top 5 Lloyd Banks project.
nah b.

someone just uploaded a sponsored a "freestye king" best of ish banks tape and his OG flow from da more money in da banks days >>>>>*
But the new flow Banks puts out much better music. Mo Money in the Bank Part 4 might be the only old banks Project seeing this tape.

New Banks> Old Banks
how is new banks better when da old banks did hunger for more? and thats better than anything he's done outside of his money in da bank series, thats indisputable.

old banks had some swag, his raps had range, hell his damn octaves had range.

when you listen to more money in da banks flow it was PERFECT...i heard da victory freestyle da other day and it still sounds smooth as ****.

"now da vehicles is long enough to stash da streetsweeper, da **** can get uglier than a master p sneaker"

now only was that line FIRE, but da way he SOUNDED was alot better too, his flow was PERFECT...i hate da way he sounds now...he can still write, but now his

flow is boring as hell, combined with his hit or miss production and you got a cat that i dunno how he tours.....

V5 and V6 are better than Hunger For More though......

I totally disagree on the hit or miss production also, especially all the beats from the Jerm, thats the best producer for his new flow IMO and they have yet to miss.

To each his own though but I prefer new Banks at this point. Only so far punchline after punchline can carry you word to Cassidy and the old Fab

Back
Top Bottom