The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Watched the first two episodes. It had moments of brilliance and moments where I rolled my eyes.

I'll keep watching.
laugh.gif
You know, I feel like 10 years ago or even 3-4 years ago I would have felt the same way, a naivete if I must condemn myself.

I used to hate sci-fi and things like this for the pure lack of understanding or willing to accept or believe in something I wasn't raised with or programmed to remain open about.

So, there weren't many "roll my eyes moments" tbh, I want to believe, I do think all of this and more, is possible.

However, I think I was bias towards the Lead actress going in because I had read up on her and became immediately intrigued, with her as much as her work, so I'm going to Love this show regardless, almost.

She is a very interesting Woman, to me.  (post from the Movie thread when I started OA)

post #58041  of 58051

12 hours, 32 minutes ago

• 27,292 Posts. Joined 4/2014

Man, I had to stop for a minute because I got stuck on IMDB checking the credits for OA. Seeing Pitts name led me there and then I started checking up on Brit Marling, Creator, writer and lead Actress in OA.

This Woman is pretty impressive to say the least.

She's graduated Georgetown with a degree in economics and was offered a job at Goldman Sachs. She turned it down to become an artist and then moved to Hollywood to pursue acting. She taught herself to write after learning that the only way to get good lead roles was to write them for yourself.
She started on 2 movies, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, they both premiered at Sundance in 2011, and now here we are.

Her works all seem to carry the same story of intrigue from beyond, other Worlds, other demensions.

Needless to say I am pretty excited about this series, now.

Back to it.

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

Can't wait to start the OA, I LOVE Brit Marling in pretty much everything she does, her movies def deliver

I feel about the same, 7.5-8/10 for me. Finale was underwhelming. Interest story though that has my attention.

Best Netflix Movies/Shows to watch when stoned? After Dazed and Confused, Don't be a menace, and Wild Hot Summer, I've run out..

I think I see The Waif bae from Game Of Thrones in this "Hated In The Nation" black mirror episode.

Can't wait. Trailer looked good. They replaced the black actor right? Someone said he had a disagreement and wasn't going to be in the next season.

Can't wait. Trailer looked good. They replaced the black actor right? Someone said he had a disagreement and wasn't going to be in the next season.
I just started it this morning and had to stop 5 minutes in where Capheus (the Black guy) was at his JCVD bus and I was like 'this isn't the same guy from last year' but I thought maybe I was tripping, I wasn't. He definitely got replaced with a new face.

Amanita so fine.

Seems like some of them are in trouble. One is shooting up, another is pounding drinks because his girl is on a yacht with another guy. My Korean bae looking good walking around in her underwair and jail shirt.

Wife got us watchin' Shameless, Frank is something else. Season 1 down, just started season 2

Wife got us watchin' Shameless, Frank is something else. Season 1 down, just started season 2

Im on Season 6 Episode 7

Show is wild lol. Its crazy how you see Carl, Debbie & Liam grow up before ya eyes tho

Emmy Rossum really is a great actress

Im on Season 6 Episode 7

Show is wild lol. Its crazy how you see Carl, Debbie & Liam grow up before ya eyes tho

Emmy Rossum really is a great actress
Season 6??!?!? Jeeeezzzz. Man Idk how we get sucked into these shows that's been on for so many years so late

Debbie at the end of the first season started looking so much older already it's gonna be crazy that far out.

That black chick is fiyaaaaa

Back
Top Bottom