**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

For RRL, I wanted the roper and black slim- fit denim. Only the jacket is allowed. For PRL, I wanted that Indian head pullover and the usual heavy stock of tees/wife beaters/underwear. The knit pullover isn't allowed, and it seems RL has run into a drought of their all black 3-pack boxer briefs. First time I've ever seen that happen in all my years shopping on their site.
Barneys Warehouse Sale has a pretty good Sz run of the black slim fits for a great price

^ Was looking through it earlier and it's pretty much a pass for me. The two items I was looking to pick up, the Marlow Wingtips and RRL Rucksack, aren't included.

Still debating on the washed canvas duffel and a RRL cardigan...

The rucksack is a core item and most likely will never be included. Only seasonal RRL items will go on sale and your best bet for getting a discount on RRL Core items would be during the Give in Style which was a few weeks ago.

Strange that the Marlow isn't included though because they have always been included in the past. Try calling a store and they may give you a discount for the Marlows.

all good my dude. $1200 fair price. i would've probably scooped it up since i already have the long sleeve.

Yeah, I was actually surprised they weren't asking more. Dudes are paying more than that for Snow Beach fleeces or Snow Beach Mechanics... some dudes, that is.

But, I guess that these pieces don't have the same crossover appeal, and therefore the market is composed moreso of those who veer toward being "purists" so you don't have the fringe folks who widely skew the market.

...Same reason I can get a pair of Deftones Dunks for lesss than a pair of Corks.

Last edited:
i see none of the core rrl items are on sale might have better luck going to brick and mortar store because they usually dont exclude anything or have the ability to override the restrictions.

Yeah core items are usually never a part of the big sale, but I was still hoping. :lol:

For the person that mentioned Barneys, we don't have that here. How much are the black slim-fits going on sale for?

my son, 3 months young.

damn it. no more XL in the red woodblock tee. had to order an L. hope it fits ok.

thanks for the heads up on the sale, gentlemen. :pimp:

and good stuff, SMOKE-DOG. :pimp: :pimp: welcome to NT. hell of a first postings.

What? Hoody of the year imo, i think some stores marked it down majorly because I've seen a couple of people who look like they can't afford the msrp with it on.
Yeah Bloomies marked it down to like 150. They only had it in small and medium though when I went. Still pissed I wasn't able to scoop that hoody. At least I was able to get the Indian head Cardigan that I think was exclusive to bloomies.

Yeah Bloomies marked it down to like 150. They only had it in small and medium though when I went. Still pissed I wasn't able to scoop that hoody. At least I was able to get the Indian head Cardigan that I think was exclusive to bloomies.
which cardigan?

Naw if you wanted something more discounted at what it's listed at your gonna have to take the chance till after the sale when it's on clearance or go to a flagship store because most have bigger savings than online .

Anyone got any fit suggestion for the all black RRL slim fit denim? I have the black D&S and they have stretched out basically a full size. Would the RRL denim stretch just as much? The D&S were the regular black wash and not raw denim just like the RRL denim is. I need them to fit like a 35waist. 36 waist was big on me and 34 waist is a little tight in the D&S. Any help would be appreciated.

Also the RRL light waffle hooded pullover, does it fit slim or TTS? Should I grab my size L I usually get in tshirts or size up? I'm 6'2" 195lbs.

Last edited:
Yeah, waiting for a better sale is risky. I usually use this specfic sale (also the one in Fall/Winter) to get items I really want. Closest to a big discount you'll get, down the line if something bigger pops up I use that for other items.

Anyone got any fit suggestion for the all black RRL slim fit denim? I have the black D&S and they have stretched out basically a full size. Would the RRL denim stretch just as much? The D&S were the regular black wash and not raw denim just like the RRL denim is. I need them to fit like a 35waist. 36 waist was big on me and 34 waist is a little tight in the D&S. Any help would be appreciated.

Also the RRL light waffle hooded pullover, does it fit slim or TTS? Should I grab my size L I usually get in tshirts or size up? I'm 6'2" 195lbs.
RRL denim doesnt really stretch that much. On the black slim fits I would suggest you getting a 36 waist unless you have small thighs, then you could probably do a 34.I heard everyone says the black slim fit run really small and they had to Sz up from their normal slim fit SZ

RRL denim doesnt really stretch that much. On the black slim fits I would suggest you getting a 36 waist unless you have small thighs, then you could probably do a 34.I heard everyone says the black slim fit run really small and they had to Sz up from their normal slim fit SZ
this. even the sales staff that purchased these had to size up. the only rrl denim that will stretch would be the raw , once wash, and rinse. i have over 40 pair of rrl jeans and the only pairs i have that are tight are the blacks.

Typical RL Spring, nothing tha makes me want to spend. I may cherry-pick a few items to help me bring some things back into rotation. I think Ill do better at my local dept stor summer clearance sale.

This was from the Fall collection two years ago. I doubt it will be making a return.
ah damn, figures.  i was curious because i saw a chambray shirt with that suede patch last season in lord & taylor that i've never seen anywhere else.  thought it was some bloomies exclusive or something when i saw it.  thanks for the info man

Back
Top Bottom