**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Haha damn macys bear is still laughing and got that same smirk as the polo.com version. RL beating people in the head this season LMAO
He got the "gotcha" face . We thought we was coming up for $245, nope!
roll.gif
at the Polo Bear changing clothes in the Macy's fitting room.

LMAO!

not the same, still cool to me to be honest tho.
so what if this was the rl.com bear?
There's nothing wrong with the sweater but following most of our logic, we though we would be getting the same RL.com "executive" bear $55 cheaper from macys. Now with the lil missing details, you see why it was $55 cheaper. Add that to the fact that macys is using the RL.com pics to sell the cheaper one, and you'll understand why some may feel hoodwinked lol

It would have still sold out even if they used the actual pic

not the same, still cool to me to be honest tho.

so what if this was the rl.com bear?

There's nothing wrong with the sweater but following most of our logic, we though we would be getting the same RL.com "executive" bear $55 cheaper from macys. Now with the lil missing details, you see why it was $55 cheaper. Add that to the fact that macys is using the RL.com pics to sell the cheaper one, and you'll understand why some may feel hoodwinked lol

It would have still sold out even if they used the actual pic
was sparking convo. i agree 100%

Frankly, Ralph could have drawn the bear on a Fruit of the Loom tee three sheets to the wind with a Sharpie, and if it was $15 cheaper than the Macy's bear, cats would be justifying it. Tons of folks talk about they love detail and quality, etc. but when the rubber meets the road, they are just trying to spend as little as possible to be cool. There's nothing wrong with the Macys bear, but to me it plays like a takedown sneaker model. If this is the only Bear sweater you have, you're coming off like one of those kids in '94 with the Tommy oxfords with 4 different patterns on them who begged their parents to buy them anything at all Hilfiger, so they pulled the cheapest, ugliest joint of the clearance rack instead of just copping a simple, normal outfit for The Gap or something.

Honestly I prefer the look of the Macys bear. I like the fact theres less details and the proportions of the bear look better imo. Advertising it as something different on their website though is pretty questionable.

I went to cop the Macy's version earlier and the Polo cashier insisted to wait until the 11/7 presale where you can get 25% off. She said they can order your size if it's not in store.

went to marshalls and saw the rugby pieces all in the $30-$50 range are any of them worth it?

Last edited:
and a medium popped up on rl.com…. still no discount, not even for employees

Damn it, my size in that RL bear too.

Snagged what yall are calling the Macy's bear up here in Canada today too. Is it 100% confirmed that what Macy's is shipping out is this bear and not the RL version on their site? Kinda had my fingers crossed that I'd find that RL one in a Macy's tomorrow when I hit Upstate NY.

Last edited:
Good looks bro @moundraised

@icopjordans82 I definitely remembered that ,Happy Birthday to you as well homie!!! Fell on a Saturday this year, enjoy it bro.. last bday in the 20's for me :x

Good looks my dude...word we have been waiting for a Saturday bday for a couple years now...lol I'm turning 31 so I def know that feeling

Last edited:
no doubt my guy, yea i remember that. where's my pic floating around? lmao

i'm not sold on the hunt scene, but i know that fits your steez.

did u pick up the eagle hoody yet?, for some reason i'm not sold on that knit either lol. must be the fair isle across the shoulder, waist and cuffs that's screaming "holiday". i think it would've looked a lot better with more detail in the eagle and take out the fair isle waist and cuffs.
I agree with you on this 100000% jay I'll stick to to my eagle k t neck. And I hate this cotton blend bull on RL knits now. I'm not surprised at all about the bear cause I was told at the RL party I attended last year this is what was going down. They are not going to be the same and the price most defiantly will be more. And when it's done it's done. Also I was told that Ralph will not be "retroing" the classics,we will get nods here and there but not a straight up repro. We got "plates" but for a whole new lane (canoe/kayak = track/olylimpics ) but most importantly to the vagaurd of us rockers (1)you guys keep all your classic/power pieces (2) cause they will not be coming back!!! This I was told by several male and female RL corporate that I was introduced throughout the night. Ralph focus is on the japan market witch is his strongist market and the black label.

Last edited:
Macy's bear sweater controversy aside, as of 4:30 AM Central time, Macy's has restocked every size (S-XXL). I confirmed that the sizes were available by placing them each into my cart. Also, don't forget to use code TXTCLB for 15% off. Goodluck

*EDIT* Sizes S, XL, XXL are now sold out. M and L are still available

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom