**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

:lol:

Can't you hear the button on the tape recorder being pressed at the beginning of the $92M skit? Who actually has a tape recorder in 2014? :lol: Its obvious that they took that recording from something old. Folks are just implying that the $ belongs to him just to have a premise to hate. It's an intro to a track, simple as that. Can't believe its people actually out here thinking that that's his money and that he'd share that type of info on an album... :lol:

Anyway,

Top Ross verses, IMO:

Devil In A New Dress
Angels (Rmx.) (both verses)
Mafia Music I
Mafia Music (Rmx.)
Live Fast, Die Young (2nd verse)
Maybach Music I (2nd verse)

love the album--2 things , doe

instead of random dude on War Ready, I woulda preferred Future yellin like he did on S***

oh, and one more thing.

YOU WANNA WALK AROUND WITH THEM OR YOU WANNA WALK WITH GOD!

this sound bite was so tough, but then Ross casually strolls into his verse
"You gotta come harder than that, son"
i wanted him to jump on that ****-- like his first verse on War Ready

I thought it was smooth the way he came in after that puffy line...It wouldn't sound right to me if he would've came hard. Song flowed perfectly.

I'm going to give this album a third listen.

Last edited:

WOW

roll.gif
Who is this clown Jaywan.

Who actually took that line serious.

INTEREST FROM A BANK IN 2014? Please.

Sidenote, that well executed GIF. Ross is a funny dude.

If that's the hook that they were gonna use for War Ready, Future should've been on line 1.

Spare no expense.

That dude on twitter really has too much times on his hands with that in-depth analysis.
laugh.gif

Not that sales matter, rather have a great album like Ross put out but he only doing a little over 100K after first week :smh: ....That is just terrible, with all they IG promo from fellow rappers, Jay,/Weeknd/Ye features, that is just sad, I think Wale did 150K his first week......

I guess the only rappers moving Units, are Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Jay, and Ye

Last edited:
Funny thing is it's still gonna be the number one album in the country. :\ GFID did double that it's first week.

He should have had a song to appeal to the chicks more. That's really his achilles heel IMO. The last song of his I remember a lot of chicks digging was Aston Martin Music and that had Aubrey on it...

Not that sales matter, rather have a great album like Ross put out but he only doing a little over 100K after first week :smh: ....That is just terrible, with all they IG promo from fellow rappers, Jay,/Weeknd/Ye features, that is just sad, I think Wale did 150K his first week......

I think it's already been proven that you can have loads of followers and other rappers RT your stuff, yet don't sell nearly as much as the followers you have, so all that really means nothing. Ross didn't have a real single, and had like 2 pushbacks, so I'd say a little over 100k is actually good

Funny thing is it's still gonna be the number one album in the country. :\ GFID did double that it's first week.

He should have had a song to appeal to the chicks more. That's really his achilles heel IMO. The last song of his I remember a lot of chicks digging was Aston Martin Music and that had Aubrey on it...
FOH. I hate when dudes say stuff like this.. and we wonder why mainstream rap is complete ***/ damn near dead.. cuz you all want more trash catering to the ladies?  :smh

Last edited:
Stop being simple. Where did you read that I personally wanted that?

Everyone knows that the majority of time you need a good club, chick, and/or pop record to sell records now a days. Personally, I don't even listen to the radio often so it doesn't matter to me. I love good music, period. Regardless of the genre...

LOL @ IG promo

He had no real radio presence this go round and believe it or not radio still sells records.

And dude tweeting about Ross "account" was actually spitting game but that's way too much work to fall on deaf ears.

I did find this line interesting tho "My desire for finer things made me a liar"

Last edited:
Only reason "GFID" did 226,000 first week is because of "Hold Me Back". That track shut down every club, every house party and every car stereo. My gosh, that joint was mean :x

"Hold Me back"?? Did that song even chart? I never once heard that on the radio, nor seen it on radio playlists :lol: I saw the video on Sucker Free a couple times, and that's about it

Stop being simple. Where did you read that I personally wanted that?

Everyone knows that the majority of time you need a good club, chick, and/or pop record to sell records now a days. Personally, I don't even listen to the radio often so it doesn't matter to me. I love good music, period. Regardless of the genre...

Only reason "GFID" did 226,000 first week is because of "Hold Me Back". That track shut down every club, every house party and every car stereo. My gosh, that joint was mean :x

Even still ross was #1 with 185k after delays and no official single

70k more than pharrell who had a single that charted #1 the billboard 100

another number one  
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom