**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

If you have common sense and know what's real and what's not, listen to what you want. Have a homie in his 2nd year of Law school bumpin YG and Freddie Gibbs right now, he ain't trippin :lol:

If you have common sense and know what's real and what's not, listen to what you want. Have a homie in his 2nd year of Law school bumpin YG and Freddie Gibbs right now, he ain't trippin
laugh.gif
That's not really the point.

It's just about having a conscience about the cause and effect of the very real nightmare about what's being rapped about...whether it effects you personally or not. This **** been going on for so long we've been desensitized to it. 

Nobody could get away with rapping about walking into a school and shooting 1st graders and get away with it...so sometimes you gotta ask yourself why are we so ok with the **** that's being rapped about that we listen to. It's so normal...and they're using these guys to sell tennis shoes and other ********...that we forget that black genocide has been placed on the market as entertainment. 

Funny thing about corporate america is that they always remind these dudes of what and who they really are whenever they want. Look at the Rick Ross controversy over the molly line. Homie has favors owned to him by drug lords, keeps a chopper in his car, and has murdered about 179 people in his raps...but the minute he stepped outside of the realm of what's deemed "acceptable" in rap...they came for his head. It's incredible that we live in a world that murdering people and selling drugs is "entertainment" but the minute you slip a molly in a girls drink and took her home...YOU HAVE CROSSED THE LINE 
laugh.gif

We're free to listen to whatever we want...and if you listen to it for entertainment...that's fine and dandy...but some of us are tired of the ******** that lies in the bigger picture and it means more to us than others apparently. 

Also...this **** isn't just about rap and black men either. The puppets are getting their agenda out thru some of the female pop stars too

Last edited:
That "My ears are too good for this music" mindset.
laugh.gif

Relax.
If you weren't so quick to snap back with slick little quirks you might could see where some folks are coming from.

It isn't, nor has it ever been about someone's ears being "too good" for something or not.

Again...if you have no problem with listening to it...fine...you're entitled. But to reduce some people having a conscience to their "ears being too good"...you clearly are missing the point.
How did radio let these screaming idiots ruin both our music and our drug cultures with these ******ed mantras. I was at an opening recently, talking about how Andy Warhol was funded by the CIA as part of a “culture war” during the cold war era. Like, the Dark Departments within the Pentagon funded the buying of modern art to set a monetary and thus cultural flag pole.

And it dawned on me, these **** rappers are terrorists. These screaming **** boys were hired by the government to infiltrate our culture and ruin it from the inside out. Rap had become too powerful, and too relevant in current American culture.

Last edited:
Sounds like some people are mad they like this kinda music :smh: but in reality nobody is making u listen to it, if it's not up to the lofty Ivy League standards find out what cornel west or dr Michael dyson are listening to and rock out to that stuff.

Sounds like some people are mad they like this kinda music
mean.gif
but in reality nobody is making u listen to it, if it's not up to the lofty Ivy League standards find out what cornel west or dr Michael dyson are listening to and rock out to that stuff.
laugh.gif

NT...home of extremes.

Ya'll ****** are unreal...I swear. 

Everybody around here (internet talk in general really) is so preoccupied with saying slick **** back and forth to each other and trying to point the finger at who's right or wrong that we all miss the bigger point.

If you begin a discussion about real life....you're cornel west or michael dyson. Incredible.

Last edited:
Sounds like some people are mad they like this kinda music :smh: but in reality nobody is making u listen to it, if it's not up to the lofty Ivy League standards find out what cornel west or dr Michael dyson are listening to and rock out to that stuff.
:lol:

NT...home of extremes.

Ya'll ****** are unreal...I swear. 

Everybody around here (internet talk in general really) is so preoccupied with saying slick **** back and forth to each other and trying to point the finger at who's right or wrong that we all miss the bigger point.

If you begin a discussion about real life....you're cornel west or michael dyson. Incredible.

Y'all going to deep that's why fam, u don't like it don't listen too it...if u enjoy it rock out and relax its just music.

Dude said I graduated top of my class (paraphrasing obviously ) if they hear me listening to this what would my classmates think :rofl:g, that's a real conversation ? I would love to hear that discussion in real life as you say.

Dudes in the park or barbershop or wherever cats meet to chop it up and somebody starts off saying I'm really smart I don't think I should be listening to this, aww man they'd probly get flamed till the point of no return because it sounds ridiculous and that's putting it nicely.

If its too ignant fine don't listen, but to listen and feel guilty for liking it seems silly imo.....it's just music....ENTERTAINMENT.

That "My ears are too good for this music" mindset. :lol:

Relax.

If you weren't so quick to snap back with slick little quirks you might could see where some folks are coming from.

It isn't, nor has it ever been about someone's ears being "too good" for something or not.

Again...if you have no problem with listening to it...fine...you're entitled. But to reduce some people having a conscience to their "ears being too good"...you clearly are missing the point.

How did radio let these screaming idiots ruin both our music and our drug cultures with these ******ed mantras. I was at an opening recently, talking about how Andy Warhol was funded by the CIA as part of a “culture war” during the cold war era. Like, the Dark Departments within the Pentagon funded the buying of modern art to set a monetary and thus cultural flag pole.

And it dawned on me, these **** rappers are terrorists. These screaming **** boys were hired by the government to infiltrate our culture and ruin it from the inside out. Rap had become too powerful, and too relevant in current American culture.

Chillout. I didn't even see your post when I typed that.

Drugs, sex and violence been around long before rap music. As long as there's poverty and people out here starving it'll continue. I don't why you dudes stress yourselves out expecting some rapper to change *****.

Y'all going to deep that's why fam, u don't like it don't listen too it...if u enjoy it rock out and relax its just music.

Dude said I graduated top of my class (paraphrasing obviously ) if they hear me listening to this what would my classmates think :rofl:g, that's a real conversation ? I would love to hear that discussion in real life as you say.

Dudes in the park or barbershop or wherever cats meet to chop it up and somebody starts off saying I'm really smart I don't think I should be listening to this, aww man they'd probly get flamed till the point of no return because it sounds ridiculous and that's putting it nicely.

If its too ignant fine don't listen, but to listen and feel guilty for liking it seems silly imo.....it's just music....ENTERTAINMENT.
I said this three posts ago
We're free to listen to whatever we want...and if you listen to it for entertainment...that's fine and dandy...but some of us are tired of the ******** that lies in the bigger picture and it means more to us than others apparently. ​
There is no "too deep". People in and formerly in the music business themselves have been having this discussion for almost 20 years now. Dame Dash said on the combat jack show that one of the reasons he put so much into DD172 and all his post Roc-a-Fella endeavors, was that he wanted to do something that was "less destructive on the culture". Malice...outside of the religious talk...has also been very remorseful in his tone about his part in all of this and how that motivates him to try to put the same energy back into something positive. Kid Cudi had this to say on Arsenio Hall:

So unless you're sitting up here and telling me that you know something that 3 people who have made millions in the music business dont...or that there also being "too deep"...im not buying what you selling.

Again...you can like whatever you like. I'm not going to sit up and here and say that I don't enjoy Rick Ross at times. Mafia Music 2 is one of my favorite songs of all time. I'm also not saying that if you're in the club and YG comes on that you need to make a run for it and go clutch a bible. I (and some others) are simply discussing another element to the music (and the culture) that is very real. If you "think" that this is all just entertainment...that means that you either don't recognize or don't know about the ******** that goes much deeper than the music...and that's fine because don't HAVE to. 

But to try to marginalize (kanye made me hate that word) others who do as being "fake deep" or "Ivy league" just because they acknowledge something that you don't is ******* stupid.Ya'll so quick to make other NT'ers laugh or to find out how to be as sharp as possible w/ ya'll comebacks that at the end all it leads to is a bunch of back and forth with dudes in a **** measuring contest and it's not about that.

I'm down for GatorBelt's idea of starting another thread where us "fake deep" folks can talk about this amongst ourselves since we're raining on ya'll parade apparently.
Drugs, sex and violence been around long before rap music. As long as there's poverty and people out here starving it'll continue. I don't why you dudes stress yourselves out expecting some rapper to change *****.
Aight man. Believe whatever you want. I didn't say rappers are responsible for changing the world...but you do seem to have a very poor understanding of the power that hip-hop yields in the world right now.

Steve Stoute just explained this to all of us in "The Tanning of America".

Last edited:

Aight man. Believe whatever you want. I didn't say rappers are responsible for changing the world...but you do seem to have a very poor understanding of the power that hip-hop yields in the world right now.

Steve Stoute just explained this to all of us in "The Tanning of America".

I know the power rap music has. Son I'm responsible for myself, rap music doesn't have power over decisions I make. I grew up in southeast DC, a area full of drug users/dealers/alcoholics. No rap song has ever made me do any of that cuz I've seen in REAL LIFE what that **** does. So to me, in my life rap music is entertainment. It's dude out here that can't get jobs cuz they covered in tats cuz they wanna look like Lil Wayne or whatever rapper. They don't understand these dudes are entertainers. They can look how ever they want, say whatever they want and make money. I hear everything you're saying but we gon have to disagree.

Last edited:
I know the power rap music has. Son I'm responsible for myself, rap music doesn't have power over decisions I make. I grew up in southeast DC, a area full of drug users/dealers/alcoholics. No rap song has ever made me do any of that cuz I've seen in REAL LIFE what that **** does. So to me, in my life rap music is entertainment. It's dude out here that can't get jobs cuz they covered in tats cuz they wanna look like Lil Wayne or whatever rapper. They don't understand these dudes are entertainers. They can look how ever they want, say whatever they want and make money. I hear everything you're saying but we gon have to disagree.
That's you. You don't represent every black and brown person in the world. Neither do I or anyone else in this thread. Since when do we view something that effects masses according to ONLY how we as individuals fit into the picture? That's a very self centered view don't you think? That's a result of this "**** everyone else...only worry about myself" generation

The Beatles and a few others spurred a sociocultural revolution in the 60s. It is unreal to me how so many people can actually sit up and say that music is only entertainment and believe it. If you've ever been moved by a rap line or song...don't sit up and tell me it's only entertainment. The link between relatability and music has always existed. How many times have you seen people moved by a song and felt like that artist was talking directly to them or for them? 

Ya'll like to play that entertainment card whenever it's convenient. It's no coincidence that the culture took on this tone in the early 90s and stayed. Do you remember when they were literally having congressional hearings about banning rap music? You don't think there's something to how we went from that to rappers being corporate icons today? Do you think the people decided for the music to sound like that? I'm not calling for rappers to be put on the chopping block. They're puppets. Much like the drug game...when you come from something so deplorable...you become numb to idea of killing your own people for profit. Why you think so many of these dudes have a rags to riches story? I'm saying that we all need to recognize the very real movement that is BEHIND the culture right now that's responsible for all of this.

Last edited:
victor page victor page I with you with every thing you been saying dawg but in todays society if you have a POV like ours dudes don't wanna hear it because they feel like YOU PREACHING,YOU HATING or YOU THE ANGRY BLACKMAN.Thats why I keep most of my opinions to myself man because alot of these dudes don't wanna hear the truth or have a real conversation about REAL SH*T so I just let people live in their little fantasy world man..

:rofl:g

Uh oh that's the issue, us commoners have a poor understanding of things meanwhile the Ivy League posse has a crystal clear view of how the world works.

I'm sure in searching for those videos you scrolled right by some dudes saying the exact opposite, posting YouTube videos is meaningless because any point of view you have there are going to be people who co sign so those were meaningless imo.

Sounds like Stoute already got you on board for the book so go buy a gross and support the hip hop runs the world movement :smh:, yeah it's big business but I don't think your grasp on things is clear as you think it is.

Hip hop ain't cutting taxes or changing laws so I'm not buying what you're selling either, don't let some advertising numbers gas you into thinking hip hop is some world power changing things when that's far from the truth.

"Scarface the movie did more than scarface the rapper to me"

:rofl:g

Uh oh that's the issue, us commoners have a poor understanding of things meanwhile the Ivy League posse has a crystal clear view of how the world works.

I'm sure in searching for those videos you scrolled right by some dudes saying the exact opposite, posting YouTube videos is meaningless because any point of view you have there are going to be people who co sign so those were meaningless imo.

Sounds like Stoute already got you on board for the book so go buy a gross and support the hip hop runs the world movement :smh:, yeah it's big business but I don't think your grasp on things is clear as you think it is.

Hip hop ain't cutting taxes or changing laws so I'm not buying what you're selling either, don't let some advertising numbers gas you into thinking hip hop is some world power changing things when that's far from the truth.

"Scarface the movie did more than scarface the rapper to me"

You took his whole point and reduced it so you could disprove it. :lol:

We all know hip-hop is not changing the world like laws and wars. No

**** bro, but music in general is incredibly powerful and an influencer

in this world we live in. There's levels to everything so music, hip-hop

specifically in this case, can be an influencer and still not be on the level

of influencers like laws, policies, and political events. Nobody is saying

Jay-Z is the next MLK or Drake is the new Huey Newton, but music has always

been an indicator of many things in any given time period. This is obviously

due to its wide reach and influence on people.

Rich is gangsta gotta be my favorite track out right now

This is by far Ross weakest project since the first album.... Outside of maybe 5 tracks nothing really stands out and i've been giving crazy listens because ross joints usually grow on me over time but these our just not that good

@VICTOR PAGE I with you with every thing you been saying dawg but in todays society if you have a POV like ours dudes don't wanna hear it because they feel like YOU PREACHING,YOU HATING or YOU THE ANGRY BLACKMAN.Thats why I keep most of my opinions to myself man because alot of these dudes don't wanna hear the truth or have a real conversation about REAL SH*T so I just let people live in their little fantasy world man..
I hear ya, but to me that's part of the problem today champ.  Everyone has decided to or is just keeping to themselves and WE as a community are no longer having a conversation within ourselves.  Folks overall have gotten too comfortable and have just given in to just about any and everything.  Keeping our opinions to ourselves has done more harm than good IMO.  As they used to say back in the day........EACH ONE TEACH ONE.  That's what we need to go back to.

I hear ya, but to me that's part of the problem today champ.  Everyone has decided to or is just keeping to themselves and WE as a community are no longer having a conversation within ourselves.  Folks overall have gotten too comfortable and have just given in to just about any and everything.  Keeping our opinions to ourselves has done more harm than good IMO.  As they used to say back in the day........EACH ONE TEACH ONE.  That's what we need to go back to.
Deuce deuce king deuce king I feel ya ponta but after a while man its like you beating a dead horse..I still voice my opinion but people these days so blind to the facts they don't wanna hear it...Then you got the ignorant clowns that justify that type of music so you know they don't wanna hear any type of positivity so its like you talking to youself at times but if somebody starts a thread about the social issues in black urban America I wouldn't mind discussing it...

Last edited:

Deuce@Deuce King I feel ya ponta but after a while man its like you beating a dead horse..I still voice my opinion but people these days so blind to the facts they don't wanna hear it...Then you got the ignorant clowns that justify that type of music so you know they don't wanna hear any type of positivity so its like you talking to youself at times but if somebody starts a thread about the social issues in black urban America I wouldn't mind discussing it...
I hear ya @BradNSU on the beating a dead horse part, but also at the same time you never know how your words or message can help to either change or enlighten someone that might not have known something before.  Also, if folks are "blind to the facts" as you say, (and I do believe that to be true) then it's your job as well as mines to get them to SEE, and open their minds.  There could be a member here on the boards or someone lurking this site that you and I can have a profound impact on.  To whom much is given, much is required.  That applies to you and I champ. 

Back
Top Bottom