The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Went shopping with the family this 4th and found these babies for $5. Had a brief chuckle in the store and tossed them in the cart.
s_5a25ce1b56b2d6c7140e20b5.jpg

Is there any rhyme or reason to which games get selected for xbox backward compatibility? Will all games eventually be backward compatible?

I would inagine the more popular games will come first... but no real rhyme or reason. No, all games won't be BC

To me, I can't play a N64 game...........without a N64 controller. So I'm with you guys in some extent, and I've been playing a couple of N64 games on the Wii's Virtual Console with a Gamecube Controller. There were improvement in some areas with a GCN controller on a N64 game.......but it still didn't feel right. Flicking the C-stick on a GCN controller to change camera angles in Mario 64 didn't feel right as hitting the "Right C-button" on a N64 controller.

That being said, I have to remember to prepare my thumbs to be abused on the N64 analog stick..............the cushioning of modern-day (and Gamecube controller) analog sticks have made it hard to get use to that N64 analog stick. Thumb caluses for days LOL

Bruhhhhh you ain’t lying, I can remember playing Tony Hawk pro skater so much on n64, my thumb had blisters! Joint was BRUTAL

I never actually accepted SF being on Genesis. I was ABOUT to say Sega systems PERIOD,but Saturn got it right

Why? Capcom's roots are arcade so they're OK with publishing on any system by that measure. Now seeing a Nintendo first party title on a SEGA system in that era would've been crazy. Sadly SEGA titles on damn near every system (regardless) of quality is the new norm.

Why? Capcom's roots are arcade so they're OK with publishing on any system by that measure. Now seeing a Nintendo first party title on a SEGA system in that era would've been crazy. Sadly SEGA titles on damn near every system (regardless) of quality is the new norm.
Well the original SF2 came on SNES, not Genesis.

Then SF2 Turbo came to SNES, So I always associated Sf with the SNES.

Then GENESIS had that weak version of Turbo/Champion Edition that wasn't on the level of SNES.

So thst is why

I remember the virtual boy commercials on TV. Even as a kid I knew that device/console would flop. It looked like something your grandma would order you from a Sears catalog.

Wario on the VB was dope... pretty sure its the reason why my vision is so ****ed up now. I still have mine, sold it on ebay years ago snd the guy said it was btoke but didn't pay for insurance so I took an E on that and now I have a broke *** system. I wonder if I could have someone recalibrate the screen...

I remember the virtual boy commercials on TV. Even as a kid I knew that device/console would flop. It looked like something your grandma would order you from a Sears catalog.

Lol TURBO UNO TURBO UNO our mom wasn't too fond of my bro and I playing video games. Imagine us sitting for an hour in front of some 'ish mounted on a damn tripod. That joint was doomed to fail at the conception stage. I can only imagine what other parents would be like too. :lol:

Nintendo at that time were feeling themselves too hard after the SNES success although they should've realized that they had legitimate competitors with the Genesis at that same time and upcoming PSX.

Lol TURBO UNO TURBO UNO our mom wasn't too fond of my bro and I playing video games. Imagine us sitting for an hour in front of some 'ish mounted on a damn tripod. That joint was doomed to fail at the conception stage. I can only imagine what other parents would be like too. :lol:

Aww man that sucks, lol. My parents didn't mind as long as we kept the living room TV free, that one was strictly for VHS movie rentals and their TV shows :lol:. The one time I did make noise ....my dad threw a brand new loaf of bread to the back of my head. He was on the phone.

Back
Top Bottom