The RETRO Gaming Thread!

^i hear the okami wii version is really good. Some say the wii makes the gameplay better. Should i cop?

Picked up this ps2 joystick for $5 and it works. I know it's a cheapo but I can now play some Street Fighter anthology :smile:

41MkGvzAOyL.jpg

^i hear the okami wii version is really good. Some say the wii makes the gameplay better. Should i cop?

I wouldn't if you have any modern console, as it was recently rereleased in HD. I kinda regret getting the PS3 version because I never even played it (put a lot of time into the PS2 version but never beat it, game is needlessly too long).

I wouldn't if you have any modern console, as it was recently rereleased in HD. I kinda regret getting the PS3 version because I never even played it (put a lot of time into the PS2 version but never beat it, game is needlessly too long).
Ok, thought maybe the wii motion makes the game more interesting...but not a fan of long games so i’ll pass

Picked up this ps2 joystick for $5 and it works. I know it's a cheapo but I can now play some Street Fighter anthology :smile:

41MkGvzAOyL.jpg

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO that joint has some terrible aesthetics but for $5 you can't go wrong.

Did SONY or any of the top tier Japanese aftermarket like Hori make fighting sticks for PS2?

Going to make the move in looking for a good condition Sega Dreamcast. Point me in the right direction lol

Going to make the move in looking for a good condition Sega Dreamcast. Point me in the right direction lol

Some decent deals on eBay and possibly your local Kijiji/Craigslist or retro game stores. I wouldn't pay over $50 for the standard (white) console and $100 for the SEGA Sports (black) console.

Original games can be quite expensive so keep that in mind.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO that joint has some terrible aesthetics but for $5 you can't go wrong.

Did SONY or any of the top tier Japanese aftermarket like Hori make fighting sticks for PS2?

This **** is ugly, no doubt about it :lol:
And you already know where I got it.

I remember seeing the gray ps1 Sony joystick back in the day but don't know about the newer stuff. I'll keep an eye out for them.

8BitDo is releasing DIY kits for turning your old school retro controllers into wireless versions of themselves..........only NES, SNES, and Sega MegaDrive DIY wireless kits for now

https://shop.8bitdo.com/

Wireless for their original consoles or as a generic PC device? It looks like a Bluetooth mod. They're using a controller on the Switch and a laptop in some of those pictures. I wouldn't mind converting some old SNES and Genesis controllers if I can use them with the SNES and Genesis and there's next to no latency.

Wireless for their original consoles or as a generic PC device? It looks like a Bluetooth mod. They're using a controller on the Switch and a laptop in some of those pictures. I wouldn't mind converting some old SNES and Genesis controllers if I can use them with the SNES and Genesis and there's next to no latency.

They're basically meant to be used alongside THESE on the original consoles and/or PCs with NES and/or SNES emulators

http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-nes/

http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-snes-sfc-classic/

The Sega MegaDrive doesn't have its own retro receiver, so it is probably used as a bluetooth PC controller for PCs that prolly have Sega emulators on them OR possibly the upcoming Sega Ages Collection on the Nintendo Switch.

Ah, I see. I'ma stay wired for my old consoles I guess.

Same, wireless is something I'm not a big fan of with gaming consoles overall. Even with the modern day consoles, I use my Dualshock 4 with the USB attached to the PS4...........same with my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller usb-attached to the Nintendo Switch dock.

Even my old Wii, I still play with a Gamecube Controller for most of the games I play on it (Virtual Console AND Gamecube games). I wish I could play Super Mario Galaxy with a Gamecube Controller :smh:

I do understand why some folk prefer to go wireless though...........lazy m************ want to be able to game 20 feet away from their TVs/monitors, so be it.

I don't mind wires and I prefer physical games too. Nothing feels better than plopping that cart in the SNES or Genesis or that disc in the PlayStation. :pimp: I love the Nintendo classic systems tho. Official product with the classic controller that is native HD. :pimp:

I feel like the only one who isn't wireless and all digital. People don't have to leave the couch for nothing. :lol:

I feel like the only one who isn't wireless and all digital. People don't have to leave the couch for nothing. :lol:

Don't worry fam, you ain't alone. Seriously, I get clowned by those folk in the other gaming threads for wanting to prefer physical at all possible........while the rest of them whine about their "digital backlog" that they won't get compensated for when they don't touch have time to their digital game.

Team physical here. Technically you don’t own anything on steam...just the liscense to play the game. If something were to happen to steam, you may lose the games depending on what Valve would do in that situation.

Always liked physical ownership. Same reason why I have vinyl.

Don't worry fam, you ain't alone. Seriously, I get clowned by those folk in the other gaming threads for wanting to prefer physical at all possible........while the rest of them whine about their "digital backlog" that they won't get compensated for when they don't touch have time to their digital game.

Team physical here. Technically you don’t own anything on steam...just the liscense to play the game. If something were to happen to steam, you may lose the games depending on what Valve would do in that situation.

Always liked physical ownership. Same reason why I have vinyl.

bigjny88 bigjny88 it's not even the time aspect to be honest. If and when that particular generation of the console's online component is at end of life, it's a wrap for your 'digital library'.

I haven't been following XBox Live! but PSN has been pushing digital downloads heavily. They're hooking these young cats on the convenience of digital downloads and I wouldn't be surprised if the iteration after PS5 is digital only. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom