The RETRO Gaming Thread!

In mario kart
Donkey Kong and Bowser were the heaviest but they had the highest top speed. Slower acceleration. Never thought about how that went againat physics

Now I want to know what the rest of that comment says, lol
my girl always gives me crap about this... just tilt my head without even thinking about it, especially on flight sims 
laugh.gif

In mario kart
Donkey Kong and Bowser were the heaviest but they had the highest top speed. Slower acceleration. Never thought about how that went againat physics
Guess it depends on the horsepower and drag of each kart/character combo, something we don't really know besides the stats given in the game... but yeah, I see what you're saying

Now I want to know what the rest of that comment says, lol

my girl always gives me crap about this... just tilt my head without even thinking about it, especially on flight sims :lol:
Guess it depends on the horsepower and drag of each kart/character combo, something we don't really know besides the stats given in the game... but yeah, I see what you're saying

View media item 2422782

I believe collectors like that have them on display till it's time to use it...or already have a system they use to play up those those look like a like gameboys and 64s and cubes

I think cubes are going up in price and harder to find, the ones I find at the flea markets They want 40-60 for them eBay prices

I opened that ps2 slim 79001 model I picked up for 5 and it was all rusted inside shame I don't think it had much life so I tossed it

[quote name="Joe Billionaire" ]

I think cubes are going up in price and harder to find, the ones I find at the flea markets They want 40-60 for them eBay prices
[/quote]

Wow, never thought the GC would go for any kind of money. I bought my purple cube from a Goodwill store for $15 complete with the gameboy player add-on.

^^^^^^ Local store by me got a crazy amount of GC'S for 20$ Wii's also,anything Nintendo before those goes way up in price there though.

I believe collectors like that have them on display till it's time to use it...or already have a system they use to play up those those look like a like gameboys and 64s and cubes

I opened that ps2 slim 79001 model I picked up for 5 and it was all rusted inside shame I don't think it had much life so I tossed it

GCs are def cool..but I could play any GC game on the Wii with a GC controller and memory card

Last edited:
Wow, never thought the GC would go for any kind of money. I bought my purple cube from a Goodwill store for $15 complete with the gameboy player add-on.

How many years ago did you get your purple GC TURBO UNO TURBO UNO ?

Bear in mind that the hardware is 10+ years old now and there's a retro videogame fad at the moment that's pushing prices up similarly to how the 'sneaker game' was trending upward about 5+ years ago.

Also some earlier GC models had a digital video output port that enabled the use of the quite rare and official Nintendo component cable while later models didn't.

Regarding the reddit picture, it might look nice aesthetically and it's cool that the 'collector' had the time (and money) to source some of those consoles but what's the point of not actually using them? Would also be interested in knowing if he just plugs the consoles directly to the LCD or uses some type of scaler.

Last edited:
I've seen some collections on YouTube and most of the time they got a old school tv as well.

The gameboy player is probably common but you can't play without the disc, that disc alone sells on eBay 40-60$

Remember people buy 200$ shoes and don't wear them here lol

How many years ago did you get your purple GC TURBO UNO TURBO UNO ?

Bear in mind that the hardware is 10+ years old now and there's a retro videogame fad at the moment that's pushing prices up similarly to how the 'sneaker game' was trending upward about 5+ years ago.

I got my gc a little under a year ago at a Goodwill that doesn't always get video game consoles. However, I have noticed that they want $40 for Xboxes lol.

I must have one of the older gamecubes because it has that port for component cable.

Goodwill is always packed here, I never find anything not even a game...also a lot of goodwills have eBay shops and sell their better items on auctions

Either way 15$ is a deal

hmm, I think my GameCube has three ports on the back including the power jack, so I guess that means it has both digital and analog outputs... Now I want to check when I get home, lol

I've seen some collections on YouTube and most of the time they got a old school tv as well.

The gameboy player is probably common but you can't play without the disc, that disc alone sells on eBay 40-60$

Remember people buy 200$ shoes and don't wear them here lol

Right on my bro, I've been on NT long enough to see the above. Looks like the same cats have moved onto retro videogames as they have a cheaper entry point.

I got my gc a little under a year ago at a Goodwill that doesn't always get video game consoles. However, I have noticed that they want $40 for Xboxes lol.

I must have one of the older gamecubes because it has that port for component cable.

You got that GC right before retro gaming started getting trendy. Prices will only continue to climb up until hoarding games is no longer sexy, similarly to sneaker collecting/hoarding.

The original XBOX is what a lot of younger cats - teens, early 20s played when they were younger and they now have jobs and cash flow so they're dropping coin on these systems from their youth.

Interestingly now is a good time to get XBOX 360 and PS3 games and hardware as they are in that spot where they are neither desirable nor do they fall into the 'retro' category.

Do y'all have retro shops in your areas ? I traded a couple things I felt wouldn't be worth putting on eBay, but the prices on their retro stuff is high :rolleyes

60-90 gameboy sp
50$ gbc gb advance
50$ dreamcast
50$ GameCube
100$ green n 64
35$ Pokémon fire red

Do y'all have retro shops in your areas ? I traded a couple things I felt wouldn't be worth putting on eBay, but the prices on their retro stuff is high :rolleyes

60-90 gameboy sp
50$ gbc gb advance
50$ dreamcast
50$ GameCube
100$ green n 64
35$ Pokémon fire red

Quite a few have popped up in the past 2 years in my city and as I mentioned earlier retro gaming is trending upwards while sneaker collecting is trending downwards.

That said, $50 for some of the console hardware isn't too bad especially when you factor in age. Dreamcast is almost 2 decades old now and older generation GameCubes aren't that far behind. Similarly the Green N64 was somewhat limited when it first dropped so that commands a slight premium while the black ones can be had for $50. N64s were selling brand new for about $99 at the tail end of their life cycle and 20 years later they're still $99. :lol:

It's the game prices that are somewhat crazy, especially when you have 'collectors' paying premiums for garbage games just to complete sets or fill their display cases/stands. :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom