The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I thought about getting into the racing sims. Most because I have a G27 steering just sitting in a plastic container, collecting dust, but I dont feel like I game THAT hard. Hell, I rarely even buy consoles. My PS3 and 5 were Christmas gifts and I bought my PS4 second hand from my cousin for $100. Also, I dabbled in PC gaming in the late 90's/early 2000s. Im sure it has changed since then, but I prefer to just get game and play at as intended vs "For the best experience......$$$$".

I gave up on consoles @ XBOX One.

Bought a gaming PC a few months ago and not looking back.

The mods available for games make me not want to ever look at a console again.

And there are communities to play online if that's what you want, of course not AS much as console gaming but it's there. As well as the ability to play Retro Games Online with platforms like FightCade and PArsec.

LAstly, you can " just get game and play at as intended " with the PC version as well.

I gave up on consoles @ XBOX One.

Bought a gaming PC a few months ago and not looking back.

The mods available for games make me not want to ever look at a console again.

And there are communities to play online if that's what you want, of course not AS much as console gaming but it's there. As well as the ability to play Retro Games Online with platforms like FightCade and PArsec.

LAstly, you can " just get game and play at as intended " with the PC version as well.
Were you always an Xbox guy or did you transition around the 360/ONE era? Also, do you have Game Pass on PC?

I went from SNES - PS1 - PS2 - PS3 - Switch - Xbox Series/PS5. I actually prefer Xbox between the 3 and I never thought I would ever see that day. Game Pass is truly the perfect gaming tool for me.

nice jahb nice jahb

My progression

Nintendo
Super Nintendo + Genesis
PS1 + Nintendo 64 + Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2
XBOX 360
XBOX One
PC

Nah, I don't have Game Pass for PC. I don't buy enough new games for it to make sense for me.

I mostly play Retro games at this point or IF it's a new game it's a Retro Inspired game. (TUrtles / SOR 4)

Based on how things are looking with the consoles, I believe this is my last generation. I just saw what Sony did with the content people purchased and if that's the case with their licensing, I might as well buy on Steam and have the option of emulation in the future if they ever take away my licenses.

tumblr_omr7wnT8KY1snhn1io1_r1_640.jpg

nice jahb nice jahb

My progression

Nintendo
Super Nintendo + Genesis
PS1 + Nintendo 64 + Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
PS2
XBOX 360
XBOX One
PC

Nah, I don't have Game Pass for PC. I don't buy enough new games for it to make sense for me.

I mostly play Retro games at this point or IF it's a new game it's a Retro Inspired game. (TUrtles / SOR 4)
progression?

arcade
nes
286 pc
sega genesis/snes
386/486 pc
ps1
sega dreamcast
586/mmx pc
ps2
laptop gaming
Wii
Wii U
n3DS XL
Ryzen pc
Nintendo Switch

possible future purchase PS V successor.

Been replaying gta 4 recently and will bump this station a lot.

When you hop in a car and Salio el sol by Don Omar comes on :nthat:

Streets of Rage: Revolution is giving me some Yakuza vibes from the little we've seen. That would actually be a smart style of gameplay to mimic for a 3D title.

I'm still hyped for all 5 titles. Plus even if SOR:Rev sucks, I still have 4, which I'm perfectly fine with. They can always go back to LizardCube for 5.

I'm still mad SNK didn't give LizardCube the reigns for the new Garou after they did that amazing work a couple years back. I hope that team does make a fighter one day.

I liked SoR 4. Gameplay wise (which is all that really matters), it's probably the best side scroll beat'em up. But I hated the graphics and music.

But still looking forward to Garou 2 based on the quality of KoF 15. My only "concern" is the graphics won't be at the level of a Tekken 8, SF6, MK 12, etc.

I liked SoR 4. Gameplay wise (which is all that really matters), it's probably the best side scroll beat'em up. But I hated the graphics and music.

But still looking forward to Garou 2 based on the quality of KoF 15. My only "concern" is the graphics won't be at the level of a Tekken 8, SF6, MK 12, etc.
Have you played River City Girls 1 or 2? I really enjoy those right up there with SOR4.

I do like the graphics of Garou, with the cell shading. I think they could find an artistic edge if they find the balance with the style such as BOTW, Guilty Gear and DB FighterZ did. Fluidity in the animation is key.

What was it about them?
They were passable. But if you harken back to SoR 1 and 2, they had great art style and amazing hip hop ish techno soundtracks. Four had a weird flash like look. And the music wasn’t great. Wild because dotemu’s Turtles looks great and in the spirit of the old Konami titles.

I really just want retro Sega titles on Steam (Virtua Fighter, arcade racers, etc).

Back
Top Bottom