The titanic vol. lost

So with the only person that can be held liable now passed, they have to go after whatever he left behind right? Or because he had no license or regulations, and they signed a waiver no one can be held liable? Not sure how it works…

I am not entirely sure how this works for a small company that size but considering their supposed funding of $20-30MM and "recent" valuation of $66MM, after what he might owe his creditors, I doubt the company is very liquid even if they dipped into his private assets which I am not sure they can. aepps20 aepps20 might be able to provide more insight into the legality of it all.

However, on my professional experience dealing with matters such as this, I would probably but the realistic expectation, if the money is there at a max of $1.5MM per family, no more than $2MM.

These idiots trusted a random dude with the journey to one of the most dangerous parts in our world

I wouldn’t trust that dude with a sub to the bottom of my nearby pond

He's not quite random, though. As I previously mentioned, he has the background that would make you think he has the requisite technical knowledge, he "spoke a good game" and I believe he has gone on this voyage over 20 times before this. He had enough to point to give him credibility to those who aren't informed in submersibles, engineering, technology or manufacturing.

ya think they starving/thirsty right now? been 4 days lol

Imagine this was like the ending of The Mist. Last second they decide to off themselves one by one til the last man is there, ready to choke himself out cause they out of food and water and an almost no air left. And then the camera starts panning away from him to the view from the viewing glass and you suddenly see lights from another submersible ready to tow them up.

I feel like if you signed that waiver you can't sue. The waiver apparently mentions death multiple times on one page. They knew the risks they were taking.

You are probably right and I hate to say this but let's be real here...Hamish is a billionaire and I assume the other passengers were very wealthy as well. There heirs are sweating $1-2MM in compensation. They probably just want the bodies to be found for closure and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them (maybe Hamish's family) spend hundreds of thousands, if not millions, searching for the bodies when the Coast Guard calls this off.

The waivers are probably open for legal challenges but the only thing you can go after is the company assets unless you can prove that the real owners of the company used company assets like their own (piercing the corporate veil)

I feel like if you signed that waiver you can't sue. The waiver apparently mentions death multiple times on one page. They knew the risks they were taking.
Those waivers typically don’t hold up. My friend is an attorney representing one of those giant trampoline park chains and they get sued all the time and pay out settlements constantly despite the waivers parents sign before entering.

The waivers are probably open for legal challenges but the only thing you can go after is the company assets unless you can prove that the real owners of the company used company assets like their own (piercing the corporate veil)
But technically this company has no assets, right?

They woudnt suffocate in that gasp for air kind of way. They’d just eventually (peacefully) fall asleep and boom.
I don't know how peaceful that would be. They would have known what was happening and were probably terrified and panicking.

There was a couple suing because OceanGate wouldn’t give them a refund after making them pay for a trip they got cancelled on like 3-4 times.

The company is broke.

In an interview they asked if they were making money and CEO said no. They spend over $1mil in gasoline alone to make a trip. Charging $250k isn’t even profitable.

But technically this company has no assets, right?

They might have real estate or large tooling that they could sell (I doubt it) so it's probably just any cash they had which I can't imagine would be much.

But again, the families of airplane crash victims usually get less than the price of a ticket for this voyage. The most I have seen is ~$1.5MM. I don't think the surviving families compensation will be a major follow-on story but who know sin 2023.

I don't know how peaceful that would be. They would have known what was happening and were probably terrified and panicking.

I follow this page and had just watched this a couple weeks ago about Subs and even then, it was only a fraction of where the Titanic sits. Doesn't sound peaceful but I suppose at least the death is quick.

Not that I would ever contemplate going on that thing but if I did, at first glance when you see this

IMG_0632.jpeg

It’s a hell tf no. Lack of options in an emergency. 1 control no backup anything and literally 1 button in the whole thing. I can’t understand how he’s went this far unchecked with this death contraption.

If dude showed me this after paying 250k I’d laugh and be like very funny now show me the real sub.

Edit: not sure why link isn’t working. If you go to Vimeo and type in Take Me To Titanic you’ll see two 22min videos.

Passengers believing they have dissolvable weights that dissolve under water in 24 hours

Mexican Lady didn’t have kids or get married so she could save up and see the titanic. Not hating but shows the mindset of these passengers.

Thrusters not working properly right after launch. Nonchalantly not confirming if thrusters were installed correctly

Not mapping the remote control correctly. Had to turn the remote sideways for the correct direction

Rush not knowing the correct controls to maneuver the submersible. Didn’t write down the controls they had to send messages down to them while they were spinning.

One of the batteries died mid descent and they discussed if they should sleep there that night and surface in the morning.

Sub can only be opened from the exterior

All the codes and regulations they skirted by. It’s insane how many successful trips they had honestly.

bruhhhhhhh thanks for sharing
its crazy how people legit their dream was to go see a ship wreckage

bruhhhhhhh thanks for sharing
its crazy how people legit their dream was to go see a ship wreckage
I get it, though. With less that 15% of the ocean discovered, it is intriguing to explore there.

But in a sub that looks like that? Nah man. That monitor didn't even look 1080p.

Not that I would ever contemplate going on that thing but if I did, at first glance when you see this

IMG_0632.jpeg

It’s a hell tf no. Lack of options in an emergency. 1 control no backup anything and literally 1 button in the whole thing. I can’t understand how he’s went this far unchecked with this death contraption.

If dude showed me this after paying 250k I’d laugh and be like very funny now show me the real sub.

I mentioned this earlier but the submersible industry is largely unregulated and the OceanGate owner circumvented many regulations and international guidelines that would have required by law a more thorough examination of the vessel. It's not like this is an automobile, locomotive or aircraft. He exploited just about every loophole he could to avoid adherence to safety standards. That was his "thing".

Even with the aforementioned "safe" industries you would not believe how "easy" it is for things to slip past regulators.

I get it, though. With less that 15% of the ocean discovered, it is intriguing to explore there.

But in a sub that looks like that? Nah man. That monitor didn't even look 1080p.
ngl if i had billions and was bored of life i'd do it, in that submarine tho? idk i'd prolly like to review their whole backup plan and backup backup plan

ngl if i had billions and was bored of life i'd do it, in that submarine tho? idk i'd prolly like to review their whole backup plan and backup backup plan

Again, this is easy to say in retrospect but he would surely point to his background, the other successful voyages and other high net worth individuals who successfully traveled with him. They probably even did talk to former passengers who gave their accounts of a successful trip. That is going to be enough for a lot of folks, billionaires or not.

Again, this is easy to say in retrospect but he would surely point to his background, the other successful voyages and other high net worth individuals who successfully traveled with him. They probably even did talk to former passengers who gave their accounts of a successful trip. That is going to be enough for a lot of folks, billionaires or not.
as a person who is not white i would not trust a yt man just based off his words :lol:

but i get what u are saying and he been doin this a while so his formula works

Back
Top Bottom