The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Arsenal sent their chief scout to scout Strootman recently, would be a great addition to our squad.
Bayern has been linked to Marco Fabian

Won't be easy as United are also interested, and I believe another club is too.

The good news is that I believe he's said he's ready to leave.

Yea, it's about that time for him. I believe Milan is also interested.

Before Arsenal can even make improvements with buying new players, their mentality needs to be sorted out

Strootman looks like RVP with down syn-I mean like RVP's ugly-ish brother...

Really though it seems like every other Dutchman has that same extended brow/huge teeth look.

who's new physio, and name NOW
Not sure, it's been floating around blogs for a couple of days now...so who knows how true it is. Info is necessary regardless
laugh.gif
If it's too good to be true, then it probably is...

I'm gonna remain skeptical until confirmation. 
nerd.gif

Not sure if he's still ****ing the boss' daughter, but the last thing Milan needs is to give Pato more reason to stay out injured...

There's been some talk about Ba to Arsenal.

I can't see on earth why this deal would happen. Arsenal have quality up front with Podolski and Giroud, and there's NO WAY Ba wants to leave for being on the bench.

Not sure, it's been floating around blogs for a couple of days now...so who knows how true it is. Info is necessary regardless :lol:

Her name has not been released but she is the new Physio of AC Milan

I like this new idea of employing smoking women physios :smokin

Ba to Arsenal would be nice...I want someone else, though.

I would love to see Arsene buy Goetze & Subotic from Dortmund. :pimp:

• Pepe Reina's future at Liverpool is under threat, with manager Brendan Rodgers considering January moves for Birmingham's England goalkeeper Jack Butland, 19, or German prospect Ron-Robert Zieler, 23. - Daily Mail
  • Swansea striker Michu, 26, is a target for Napoli and Genoa after his fine start to the season. - Daily Mirror
  • Spanish striker Fernando Llorente, 27, has paved the way for a move to Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham or Liverpool next year by confirming he will leave Athletic Bilbao when his contract expires in the summer. - Metro
  • Chelsea and Liverpool have begun talks over the £15m transfer of Blues striker Daniel Sturridge, 23, who is keen to move to Anfield. - London's Evening Standard
  • Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly cooled his interest in Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder, 28, which could leave Manchester City free to sign the Netherlands international. - Daily Star
  • Former England goalkeeper Paul Robinson, 33, will demand a transfer from Blackburn if Tottenham's Brad Friedel, 41, returns to Ewood Park. - The Sun
  • Aston Villa, Newcastle and Norwich will have FC Cluj winger Modou Sougou, 27, watched at Manchester United on Wednesday. - Daily Mail
  • Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is plotting a £5m bid for Southampton midfielder and captain Adam Lallana, 24. - Daily Mirror
  • Brazilian Serie A outfit Sao Paulo are weighing up a January move for out-of-favour Arsenal defender Andre Santos, 29. - Metro
  • West Bromwich Albion boss Steve Clarke has laughed off reports of a possible January move from Liverpool for striker and leading scorer Shane Long, 25. - Express and Star
  • Arsenal and Chelsea could be forced to step up their pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain's midfielder Marco Verratti, 20, after Juventus emerged as serious contenders to sign him. - talkSPORT
  • Brighton are ready to strike a deal for Matt Sparrow, 31, to rejoin Scunthorpe United in January. - The Argus

Ba to Arsenal would be nice...I want someone else, though.

I would love to see Arsene buy Goetze & Subotic from Dortmund. :pimp:

Why would Gotze or Subotic leave from back to back champions, beasting in the CL, to a team where he may not even be in the CL next season? Aside from the fact that Dortmund isn't really a selling team, and they highly value youth in their squad with a long term view.

I just don't see why either player would want that move.

I can't see on earth why this deal would happen. Arsenal have quality up front with Podolski and Giroud, and there's NO WAY Ba wants to leave for being on the bench.
Ba has a 7 million buy out clause in his contract. Newcastle are trying to re-negotiate his contract but it seems he wants higher wages, and rightly so too. I'm actually surprised more teams aren't interested in triggering that clause, he is one of the best strikers in the league. If Chelsea were smart, they'd try to sign him but I guess he isn't 'high profile' enough.

Arsenal only have one striker and that's Giroud, Chamakh doesn't count. Podolski is a LW, that's where he has played all season and has earned all his Germany caps. That's why I found it strange when he did an interview saying he prefers to play as a striker. Wenger clearly doesn't see him as a striker because he chose Gervinho to play there when Giroud was still adapting.

Players have no say...teams sell if the money comes in.

While you're right in some cases, in other players can drag their feet. And when you're not at a selling club, when the heart of the team (Gotze in mid, and Subotic in def) says they don't want to leave, best believe, they're staying. They're young, and an integral part of the team.

Ba has a 7 million buy out clause in his contract. Newcastle are trying to re-negotiate his contract but it seems he wants higher wages, and rightly so too. I'm actually surprised more teams aren't interested in triggering that clause, he is one of the best strikers in the league. If Chelsea were smart, they'd try to sign him but I guess he isn't 'high profile' enough.

Arsenal only have one striker and that's Giroud, Chamakh doesn't count. Podolski is a LW, that's where he has played all season and has earned all his Germany caps. That's why I found it strange when he did an interview saying he prefers to play as a striker. Wenger clearly doesn't see him as a striker because he chose Gervinho to play there when Giroud was still adapting.

I agree, Arsenal do have one striker in Giroud (who needs to get 90m every single game). Let's not even bring up that other chap. But I guess, Ba can fit into the formation, except at Newcastle, he prefers to play alone up front. Him and Cisse up front didn't work very well together, and then pushing him out to the wing didn't work very well either. Maybe AW can work some magic there. He would be a top class buy for anything under 20m. The crucial thing someone like AW would have to convince Demba is that he would get consistent 90m.

Players have no say...teams sell if the money comes in.
While you're right in some cases, in other players can drag their feet. And when you're not at a selling club, when the heart of the team (Gotze in mid, and Subotic in def) says they don't want to leave, best believe, they're staying. They're young, and an integral part of the team.

I agree, Arsenal do have one striker in Giroud (who needs to get 90m every single game). Let's not even bring up that other chap. But I guess, Ba can fit into the formation, except at Newcastle, he prefers to play alone up front. Him and Cisse up front didn't work very well together, and then pushing him out to the wing didn't work very well either. Maybe AW can work some magic there. He would be a top class buy for anything under 20m. The crucial thing someone like AW would have to convince Demba is that he would get consistent 90m.
Yeah definitely. As good a half season Cisse had, he hasn't replicated any of that form this season. He's still a good striker but Ba is a more complete player, and I think Pardew realizes that too. Honestly, I don't see Wenger seeing Ba. He is too good a striker to be competing for the same position as Giroud, unless Wenger plans to revert to a two striker system, which he won't. Signing a 35 year old Henry on loan is what he is going to do again
tired.gif

Exam conquered, afternoon free, to the bar for CL action.

Hoping for a minor miracle to get Chelsea through. An Eastern European side playing an Italian side (with the manager already banned for match fixing), both know they get through with a draw...pretty sure that one is gonna be a draw.

RIP Man City

:smh: @ Balotelli, this guy gotta get his act together.

Didn't see the game. What happened?

I see Arsenal took strain as well today, with AC Milan too.
He was out there throwing tantrums whenever he would get called for being offside. He picked up a yellow card late in the game for stupidity.

Guarantee every dude on the team hits that.
:lol:
Boateng injury in the making? :nerd:

Strootman looks like RVP with down syn-I mean like RVP's ugly-ish brother...

Really though it seems like every other Dutchman has that same extended brow/huge teeth look.
:stoneface:

Who else is ready for Messi to (officially) become the GOAT today ? I sure am :pimp: :pimp:

Who else is ready for Messi to (officially) become the GOAT today ? I sure am
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
grin.gif

Sorry, but until he proves his worth on the International stage, he will never be the GOAT.
grin.gif
He is already one of the greatest players the game has ever seen, regardless of his failure thus far to replicate his club form on the international level. Are you blaming Argentina's failures in the last few international tournaments on Messi? That's ridiculous. Both Maradona and Batista weren't very good managers and the team suffered for it. They seem to have got it right under the new manager though and Messi's performances have benefited from it. 14 goals in his last 12 games, including two hat tricks has led Argentina to the top of the South American World Cup qualifying group.

Messi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What has Messi done with Argentina?

I'm not blaming him for Argentina failing, I'm just saying he's nothing great when he has that blue/white shirt on.

If you think I'm wrong, then please show me his stats with his entire International career to prove me wrong.

Yo! Croatian Bozzo from Fox Deportes just challenged me to a fight during a Barca game, that **** is going on my resume!

Follow me @Todobienx2

Back
Top Bottom